Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 NFL season - Week 11 thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

eagle eye wrote: »
    That D has a big challenge next week, to keep up their streak they have to sack Lamar. If they manage that they could well keep.the streak alive as far as the playoffs.

He has been sacked 9 times by Pittsburgh in three games, 4 fumbles and 5 INTs. Their defense kept them in the first game and have a run of 65+ consecutive games with a sack..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dfx- wrote:
    He has been sacked 9 times by Pittsburgh in three games, 4 fumbles and 5 INTs. Their defense kept them in the first game and have a run of 65+ consecutive games with a sack..
    67 actually and I'm aware what's happened in the past but Lamar is elusive.

Edwards-Hilaire has been quietly impressive, if you can call it that, so far averaging 5.4 ypc and he has a touchdown.

No doubt that's a completed catch, very bad challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Great drive and a nice finish from CEH.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    Great drive and a nice finish from CEH.
    He's been the star of the show for me. Lots of hard yards for first downs and getting a couple of extra yards when the first tackle arrives too. Had a nice catch too.

He's been the star of the show for me. Lots of hard yards for first downs and getting a couple of extra yards when the first tackle arrives too. Had a nice catch too.

Definitely, and I didn't think he'd have such a big impact this season when drafted. Obviously Damien Williams opting out of the season meant more reps and he's taken his chance, looks the business now.

Some audibles from Derek Carr tonight, my favourite so far 'Purple Walrus', we've also had 'James Harden', 'Google' and 'Mamba Georgia'.

FMD, the defense is having a shocker tonight.

Raiders back in front. Carr now 19/22 for 242 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    Mahomes 22/27 for 209 yards 1 touchdown and 1 int.
    One quarter to go, I think the Chiefs need a faster drive here and a score obviously. Just that the Raiders seem to be able to move it fast so you want time to respond.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    FMD, the defense is having a shocker tonight.

I think.its impressive offense from both sides. These are two decent defenses, just that the play from the offensive line for the raiders has been impressive.

I think.its impressive offense from both sides. These are two decent defenses, just that the play from the offensive line for the raiders has been impressive.

No doubt the Raiders O line has been great but the Chiefs have been bad in the secondary since the first drive, a blown coverage for the last TD is the most recent poor effort.

Bell's first TD as a Chief. Exciting finish coming up.

Raiders back on front again, this game is insane.
    Still enough time left fir the Chiefs to at least tie it up. Currently 31-28.

1.43 left.

Here we go, can Mahomes go down the field to win it?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Here we go, can Mahomes go down the field to win it?

Well he went down the field but there's still time for the Raiders.

Mahomes is something else in the clutch. That's an unreal drive and touchdown.
    This game is so insane that anything could yet happen with 28 seconds left.

The Raiders wasted a couple of timeouts earlier, could be crucial now.

Carr's best game maybe ever and he coughs up that interception at the end. I won't lose any sleep for him :D

Mahomes was unreal.

And that's the game. It's a crushing loss for the Raiders, it was going to be that for whichever team lost tonight.

Mahomes is so good when his back is up against the wall. There's been many great QB's but only a few who can pull it out regularly in the clutch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

There really isn't.

No one is effusive or gushing about them as you would expect at this stage.

You are right. The Steelers are quietly going about their business with no fanfare really. I think the lack of hype is partly because they are just not explosive on offence, they have no run game and are winning with solid defence and then lots of dink and dunk and yards after catch stuff on offence. Not sure how far that will bring them later on if they end up in a shootout, but 10-0 is really impressive either way.

Ben looks to be improving week to week but the past two games have been against relatively poor opposition. Thursday night will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You are right. The Steelers are quietly going about their business with no fanfare really. I think the lack of hype is partly because they are just not explosive on offence, they have no run game and are winning with solid defence and then lots of dink and dunk and yards after catch stuff on offence. Not sure how far that will bring them later on if they end up in a shootout, but 10-0 is really impressive either way.

Ben looks to be improving week to week but the past two games have been against relatively poor opposition. Thursday night will be interesting.

They've really been workmanlike. It is what you noted above but add to it that they've put in those performances against one of the easiest sets of opponents in the league (some places have them having faced the easiest). It is hard to build hype that way but the coaches are probably happy about it, the 49ers used that to drive them forward last year, like many other teams have in the past.

Things get slightly tougher down the stretch for the Steelers but aside from the Chiefs there is no team that really looks like a level above what the Steelers have been playing (and even then the Chiefs have dropped games).

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Things get slightly tougher down the stretch for the Steelers but aside from the Chiefs there is no team that really looks like a level above what the Steelers have been playing (and even then the Chiefs have dropped games).

Game* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Leftwich has to be one of the worst OCs in the league. Literally doesn't call anything other than 1st down run for no gain, deep shot, deep shot, punt.

Over and over again. Unreal how ineffective he is with the talent on the Bucs

Brady with two poor throws for interceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Poor Tom. Bucs are very hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

boccy23 wrote: »
    Cardinals @ Seahawks L
    Patriots @ Texans L
    Ravens @ Titans L
    Steelers @ Jaguars W
    Lions @ Panthers W
    Eagles @ Browns L
    Falcons @ Saints W
    Bengals @ Washington L
    Jets @ Chargers W
    Dolphins @ Broncos L
    Packers @ Colts L
    Cowboys @ Vikings L
    Chiefs @ Raiders W
    Rams @ BuccaneersL

5-9. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    92-55

Cardinals @ Seahawks
    Patriots @ Texans
    Ravens @ Titans
    Steelers @ Jaguars
    Lions @ Panthers
    Eagles @ Browns
    Falcons @ Saints
    Bengals @ Washington
    Jets @ Chargers
    Dolphins @ Broncos
    Packers @ Colts
    Cowboys @ Vikings
    Chiefs @ Raiders
    Rams @ Buccaneers

A miserable 6-8 takes me to 98-63

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    92-54 after 10 weeks

Cardinals @ Seahawks

Patriots @ Texans
    Ravens @ Titans
    Steelers @ Jaguars
    Lions @ Panthers
    Eagles @ Browns
    Falcons @ Saints
    Bengals @ Washington
    Jets @ Chargers
    Dolphins @ Broncos
    Packers @ Colts
    Cowboys @ Vikings
    Chiefs @ Raiders
    Rams @ Buccaneers
    6-8 which isn’t good. So 98-62 for the season. I’ll need to take a bit longer over week 12 picks.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    Brady with two poor throws for interceptions.
    His long ball is not there any more. You could see that last year. Brady and Arians playbook are not a good mix.
    Poor Tom. Bucs are very hit and miss
    Last year and this one he hasn't been great when pressured and hurried.
    Look at the games they've lost, twice to the Saints who were able to get to Brady and then the Rams and Bears.
    Likely they'll lose to the Chiefs and Vikings. They should still make the playoffs handy enough though.

Advertisement