Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 2 - The Stars of the Future!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Honestly expected a Schumacher/Hill moment there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Poor director doesn't know which battle to show. Amazing racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Breathtaking stuff

Commentary is good as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Ilott slipping back now, the pendulum swings again. This is magnificent stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Breathtaking stuff

Commentary is good as well

Secretly, I'd still love to be listening to Valsecchi commentating on this one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Secretly, I'd still love to be listening to Valsecchi commentating on this one :pac:

Jaques and Valsecchi the dream team

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Alex Brundle sounds exactly like his old man it’s quite scary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Well, that was great!

Mick Schumacher 2020 Formula 2 Champion

Sounds good! Congrats to him

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Absolutely delighted for Ticktum at the end there.

There is nobody I despise in motor racing more than him. Petulant child.

Genuinely delighted for Mick as well.

• Advertisement

Tsunoda only finished 1 point behind Ilott in the end, he's got all the super licence points he needs for F1. He's an exciting talent as well

Faugheen wrote: »

Genuinely delighted for Mick as well.

Completely agree re: Ticktum, even listening to his interview there he comes across as a proper twat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

That was a great watch.

Can't believe how much Tictum whinges, he's so miserable. You couldn't warm to that lad.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

As a side note. DRS was really good. Got the cars side by side into the braking zones. Don't think anyone breezed past the car in front. F1 really needs to reduce the power of its DRS imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You could say Dan is Tick-ed off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Delighted for Mick,that had shades of Suzuka 2003 about it.
    Pity about the flat spot, would've been great to see him seal it fighting for a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Looking forward to tsunoda next year, definitely the most surprising driver this year, winning the rookie championship
    Next year shaping up already nicely with the returning champs shwartzman, lundgard, daruvala, ... Added with new talents like vips, piastri possible younger Leclerc ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Faugheen wrote: »

Ferrucci isn't far behind, but I think Ticktum takes it.

Vips is a great driver. One to watch for next year.

I thought this was worth sharing. This dude enters an eSports series in 2017, progresses to an actual drive in GT4 in 2019, then F3 Asia, then EuroFormula, now lands a drive for this year in F2. I would never have thought there was a possible progression from eSports to an actual open-wheeled race drive at F2 level! Fair play to him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYoSZzbMt8-/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Does he have money behind him or did he progress through the ranks via talent alone? He would be one of very few to get to that level based on talent and merit without having a financial backer.

Advertisement