Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arnold Schwarzenegger gets kicked

• 25-05-2019 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭

A pretty admirable buffed 71 year old Arnold receives a full on flying kick to his kidney & lung area by some lunatic running full pelt, feet first and assumes it's crowd jostling.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/20/arnold-schwarzenegger-not-pressing-charges-drop-kick-attack

The recording is on youtube. The kicker is obviously ill and there's an admirably dignified response from Schwarzenegger.

It's a well known fact that a healthy slabbing of muscle around the cage that protects the vital organs is a massive advantage when it comes to trauma incidents.

I survived a pretty hard on cycle hit an run by a driver and was told by the surgeon/consultant that the muscle build up from rowing training played a huge part in protection. The muscle around my cage saved vital organs from damage.

I'm no Arnie, but it's bench time. Lifting is obviously good for you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    A pretty admirable buffed 71 year old Arnold receives a full on flying kick to his kidney & lung area by some lunatic running full pelt, feet first and assumes it's crowd jostling.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/20/arnold-schwarzenegger-not-pressing-charges-drop-kick-attack

The recording is on youtube. The kicker is obviously ill and there's an admirably dignified response from Schwarzenegger.

It's a well known fact that a healthy slabbing of muscle around the cage that protects the vital organs is a massive advantage when it comes to trauma incidents.

I survived a pretty hard on cycle hit an run by a driver and was told by the surgeon/consultant that the muscle build up from rowing training played a huge part in protection. The muscle around my cage saved vital organs from damage.

I'm no Arnie, but it's bench time. Lifting is obviously good for you!

What the actual f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hoboo wrote: »
    What the actual f**k

Sorry if my post was unclear Hoboo... here's the recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEZVHE2LXyY

Arnold Schwarzenegger was kicked from behind by someone and at 71 years of age, it's admirable that it was like water off a duck back. Furthermore, his dignified response and non-litigious reaction and concern for the kicker is nice.

I was highlighting that lifting and weight training can be advantageous when the body is attacked or traumatised. I'm not sure your average 71 year old could brush off that sort of attack without injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dash_Of_Red

it was a fortnight ago and barely brushed against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Old news john rambo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

it was a fortnight ago and barely brushed against him.

The timescale is irrelevant. He was still 71 years of age two weeks ago. I just know from experience that a good build up of muscle around the organs is an advantage when it comes to trauma. A similar hit to a man of his age with no muscle could have been a lot more serious.
    bassy wrote: »
    Old news john rambo

EDIT... Oh.. Right!!! Sorry if has been discussed already... I'll get back in my box!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dash_Of_Red

John_Rambo wrote: »
    The timescale is irrelevant. He was still 71 years of age two weeks ago. I just know from experience that a good build up of muscle around the organs is an advantage when it comes to trauma. A similar hit to a man of his age with no muscle could have been a lot more serious.

EDIT... Oh.. Right!!! Sorry if has been discussed already... I'll get back in my box!

barely touched him. My Granny would have survived it

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shootnbreeze

i bet that lad got some slap when he was off camera

Advertisement