Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭minktrapper

With the new "Alien" movie just released in Irish movie theatres any suggestions as to how ye would go about trapping or removing an alien lifeform from the environment.

• With the new "Alien" movie just released in Irish movie theatres any suggestions as to how ye would go about trapping or removing an alien lifeform from the environment.

I'd get him in a headlock.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-vB0vn8qA

Cass wrote: »
    From time to time we all have a topic we want to discuss and are not sure where to ask/discuss it. While Boards.ie has a multitude of forums for pretty much every thing you would want to talk about sometimes it's nice to discuss it in your own forum with the people you regularly talk to.

As such the Mods have created this Off Topic Thread.

The premise is simple. If you have something that is not shooting related or tentatively related then post it here. The same forum rules apply and any topics that are illegal or prohibited on the main forum or the site are also prohibited here. It's also not a "work around" for the toher forums. IOW if you have a specific shooting related query or item to sell then use the main forum or for sale section.

This thread will be for general chat, shooting the breeze, and just a way to have a non specific, or specific, chat about anything you want among those you are used to talking to.

Have at it.

Thank Cass. But it is the hunting/ shooting forum. Lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

That it is so lets get down to brass tacks.

You need:
    1. Flame thrower
    2. Pulse rifle
    3. Robotic pallet truck
    4. Shaved head (optional)
    Once you have these lure it into the area by making use of a freight elevator. Now here is the tricky part. You need to build an interstellar ship, get it onto the ship and then push it out the airlock.

If you need any help give me a shout and we'll see what we can come up with.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Excellent. When I heard the Alien movie was out l just had to put the notion of hunting it on the shooting forum. Tis a pity you could not leave there a bit just to see what ideas lads/lassies would come up with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,183 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A Beretta or Benelli semi auto 12 gauge, feeding from a 20 round drum magazine.
    Firing magnesium tipped sabots, comprised mainly of compressed baking soda.
    Hopefully the strongly alkaline baking soda would destroy their acidic blood...... And if the magnesium could be ignited,even better. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭clawback07

Cass wrote: »
    That it is so lets get down to brass tacks.

You need:
    1. Flame thrower
    2. Pulse rifle
    3. Robotic pallet truck
    4. Shaved head (optional)
    Once you have these lure it into the area by making use of a freight elevator. Now here is the tricky part. You need to build an interstellar ship, get it onto the ship and then push it out the airlock.

If you need any help give me a shout and we'll see what we can come up with.

Aah Cass , get a life, everyone knows they are suckers for peanut butter ! A slap of a yard brush when they're not looking and licking their fingers - none of your fandangle s#*te for me when I'm dealing with them !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You forgot the squad of gung ho Space Marines,led by an idiot 1st LT[Anyone of that rank is generally an idiot anyway!] ,an android and a non stop screaming little ten year old girl. Oh and a serious workout for arm strength,for when you open said airlock to blast the alien out into space,so you can hang onto the access ladder,along with screaming 10 year old little girl,half an android,and the alien queen who has a grip on your leg while you battle a 200 mph hurricane wind of the air being sucked out of the ship.:)
    How Aliens should have ended

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFnvULy8zA

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭ezra_

With the new "Alien" movie just released in Irish movie theatres any suggestions as to how ye would go about trapping or removing an alien lifeform from the environment.

Step 1 - Test for, and destroy any androids you find in your team or among people who you encounter. Then test again...

Step 2 - go do what you planned, you are safe now!

If i have to listen to one more TD sing the praises of Kenny and others i'm going to puke.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement

But that's inbred into us as a race Cass..You are a hero when you are going or dead.We seem to like our heros very dead or retired.. Maybe statues are cheap here in Ireland,rather than supporting or aiding the champ when they are alive??
    But yes the hyprocrisy and sycopanthy is vomit inducing alright.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

They cite his "excellence" in bringing Ireland out of recession however no one has addressed the manner in which it was done. Homelessness figures have doubled, 750,000 people below the poverty line (20% of whom are actually working).

Lets not forget one Garda Commissioner gone and another one on the way out. Trust and respect for the force at an all time low. Our defense forces having to apply for social protection or other benefits to simply provide for their families. Then of course Irish water. A tax we have all been paying for since 1997, but somehow we have to pay a third time.

Banks bailed out endlessly, billions in tax being refused, corruption exposed but not prosecuted, vulture funds buying up our country piece by piece and NAMA selling off the rest for pennies.

Now we have Varadkar and Coveney seeking the top spot. Varadkar who recently asked for people to ring in and report people they believe are committing social protection fraud. He cited this fraud at €500 MILLION per year. The official figures say it's more like €49 million and that over 60% of the "loss" of monies occur from error payments the department makes and claims made in error. IOW genuine mistakes and not fraud. Or Coveney who cannot seem to get the number right, of houses actually built (must be related to Diane Abbott).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭gunny123

I was at a jobs fair thing in Dublin Castle last year. Varadkar appeared for a photo op, the amount people debasing themselves, fawning over him would make you barf.

He tries to be Mr. Niceguy/the only gay in the village, but he is a nasty individual underneath, and i don't think any government lead by him will last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I've seen guys who were more right-wing than him.

Most of them had uniforms though.

Sparks wrote: »
    I've seen guys who were more right-wing than him.

Most of them had uniforms though.

If and when he gets control, we are in for some interesting times. How he handles the carry on with the police for a start.

Met him in person once in the snake pit that passes for our parliment. Can tell alot by a man's handshake.His is like squeezing a velvet glove full of jelly.:P
    Why don't FG just ring up Angelika and ask her which new Irish lap dog she'd like from the FG kennel?Save us all a lot of tidieous news reports.:rolleyes:

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Why don't FG just ring up Angelika and ask her which new Irish lap dog she'd like from the FG kennel?Save us all a lot of tidieous news reports.:rolleyes:

Or Peter Sutherland.......

KERRRRRIIISSSSTTT! Can they exaggerate anymore about this gun?? :rolleyes:"Vapourise" your organs... Anyone told this fukwitt who spewed this together that it is the MAN behind the gun,and not just the gun itself??But that's media and firearms for you...:(

I didn't know they were using the Chey-tac, i assumed it was still the accuracy internationals.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

'Widely regarded as the most powerful rifle on the planet in its class, it has a working range of up to 3,000m and holds the record for the world's longest shot.'

Rubbish.

Without any confirmation from the Australian MoD about the exploit of their ASAS sniper's exploit, the current longest man-to-man shoot is STILL that made by Corporal of Horse Craig Harrison, back in 2009.

Craig Harrison (born November 1974) is a former Corporal of Horse (CoH) in the Blues and Royals, a cavalry regiment of the British Army, and as of November 2009 holds the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd). This exceeds the previous record of 2,430 m (2,657 yd) set by Canadian M/Cpl Rob Furlong in 2002.

CoH Harrison was shooting an AW in .338LM, too.

As for the comment - 'the SAS gunman', I'm fairly sure that the term 'gunman' would be more appropriately applied to a terrorist or gun-toting criminal rather than a soldier of the British Army going about his lawful duty.

tac

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

The tax stamp in the USA, for anything full-auto or over a certain calibre, is pretty steeply priced, $20,000 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Nossir, it's the same now that it ever was, for a Federal Firearms Tax Stamp in Class 3 - $200.

The hike comes in the actual cost, and ensuring that the registration predates the May 1986 cut-off.

Some states do not allow them no matter what.

Apart from the real cost, comes the cost of ammunition to feed it. Pal of mine who lives near Knob Creek KY has a bunch of light machine guns - MG18, MG34 and MG42, as well as a US M60. He reckons that the annual weekend fracas at the Knob Creek shoot costs him around $20,000 or more, and getting more expensive every year.

But it's fun, and he's rich, soooooooooooooooo............

He won't tell us what is costs to run his 7.62cal Gatling Minigun, at 6000rpm...I'll let YOU figure that out.

tac

Don't let angela merkel or juncker see this !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The Dutch collectors licence, as I understand it, precludes ever using those things.
    I mean, I've nothing against museums, but I got into the sport with the idea of taking part, not sitting in the stands watching for the rest of my life :D

"Correctomundo" as The Fonz used to say.
    :

Dunno, as mancaves go it has much to commend it. I could think of worse places to hide when the wimmens are on the rampage.

I'm going to start this with a disclaimer. I'm no Labour, nor Tory. I';m not British/English and have no horse in this race. However the scale of incompetence is such that i thought i had to say something.

Diane Abbott. Watching the UK general election and after her disastrous appearance on SKY news on Monday (i think it was) she has been stood down as Shadow home secretary for "health reasons". I wonder if foot in mouth is a recognised disease. Perhaps it's the painful "head up arse" syndrome that does not get the recognition it truly deserves.

This woman is scary. I mean its not the first time in this election campaign she has made such a gaffe as going onto a live broadcast without being properly prepared, or even knowing about the topic being discussed, but she has a history over the YEARS of not knowing facts or anything about the topic.

Now she is been hidden away until the election is over, but if Labour win, and i cannot see it as past polls have been wholly wrong, she will be the Home secretary.

Just take a look at some of her best bits:

SKY news interview.

On the Marr show a week earlier:

The car crash radio interview on policing numbers

A year ealier when she said Chairman Mao was "not so bad".

Hints of Racism (skip to 1:50 on the second video)

Then they replace Abbott with Emily Thornberry. The genius behind such gaffes as tweeting about flags outside homes with derogatory remarks forcing her resignation, not knowing who her counterparts are in the same department in other Governments (foreign), and allowing ISIS personnel back into the country.

She is also a seemingly rude person who does not take well to being interrupted or questioned. To the extent that she will take offense (snowflake alert) and then as she did on one occasion play the sexist card (with Dermot Murnaghan).

Skip to 6:45 for her)

• Advertisement

If Labour win tomorrow, the UK and the pound will be in trouble. Corbyn and his student union politics would be the laughing stock of the western world. The only reason Abbott is where she is, is because she and corbyn were bumping uglies.

Anyway we can't chuck stones, we have Wallace and co.......

Advertisement