Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Undertaker

• 04-03-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

How is his match at at Wrestlemania going to play out? Surely Vince won't disrespect him by having him lose clean to Shane? I suppose there will be outside interference, but from whom? Will it be a top star from nxt or will it be a legend that The Undertaker has never face before? Maybe the lights will go out and a Crow will sit on top of the urn after the lights come back on, as Taker is pinned, that would be a good finish if it is to be his last Wrestlemania match. Then again i'd like to see him finish with a win.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think if there's interference it will be from the McMahons themselves. Whether or not they have anyone with them remains to be seen. There's more than likely going to be a few twists and turns between now and WrestleMania. I think, at the moment anyway, that it will end up with Vince having a change of heart and trying to help Shane beat The Undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Something like the casket match finish v Yokozuna at RR 1994, always liked that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think the undertaker is still old school and will want to go out in the time honoured tradition of going out on your back.

Ruu wrote: »
    Something like the casket match finish v Yokozuna at RR 1994, always liked that one.

So getting marty jannety to stand on the top of the Titantron ? Marty is fair old at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vince will stop the match because Shane will be beaten to a bloody pulp and taker will lay Vince out. Expect to see the msp to appear but as its in a cell the door will have to be broken off or something

The hof parade thing will have to be done before the match for sting to make an appearance (maybe he won't appear at it saying he's missing or something) Lights go out and a crow is heard and sting attacks taker setting up a match would be a hair raising mania moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The other undertaker from 1994 will return...and lay out 2016 undertaker....lights go out...then back on....and both are gone...

• Going against the grain here! But reading on twitter the amount of people so excited to see Taker back.

I've been over Taker since around his series with HBK which I think are the most overrated, I kick out of your finisher , you kick out of mine matches in history.

His 15 minute entrance, **** 1 promo to hype a Wrestlemania match, I dont know how anyone gets hyped bout him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm I the only one who thinks Taker/Sting ain't going to happen. Could have and should have happened when Sting first made his historic debut in WWE.

Luuuvvvvv Sting but he has done his bit-throw him in the HOF and leave it at that.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I'm I the only one who thinks Taker/Sting ain't going to happen. Could have and should have happened when Sting first made his historic debut in WWE.

Luuuvvvvv Sting but he has done his bit-throw him in the HOF and leave it at that.

It's a dream match that everyone wants to see but Vince and triple h can't see anything worthwhile in it so it's not going to happen. It would be a bigger draw than what Hogan vs rock was and it would be a true wwf vs wcw match. Please just to have them in the ring at the same time in character would be cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

if it is to be his last Wrestlemania match
    Not a chance, that Cena match is gonna happen next year if it isn't this year. Taker's not gonna retire in a match against shane o'mac unless he has no choice.
    Going against the grain here! But reading on twitter the amount of people so excited to see Taker back.

I've been over Taker since around his series with HBK which I think are the most overrated, I kick out of your finisher , you kick out of mine matches in history.

His 15 minute entrance, **** 1 promo to hype a Wrestlemania match, I dont know how anyone gets hyped bout him anymore.
    As a regular roster member he was a terminal bore by 2011 and most people seemed to be done with the streak by the Lesnar match. It was reaching a point where it was viewed as too sacred to break and consequentially, while everyone respected the hell out of it as a feature of wrestlemania, no one was actually able to engage in the matches.

Retrospectively, Punk done one hell of a job to get people as engaged in his match as they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retrospectively, Punk done one hell of a job to get people as engaged in his match as they were.

Lol. Punk vs Taker was a huge step down match quality wise from the Hbk & HHH matches. Punk phoned it in for large periods towards the end of his wwe run. He's the only guy who had horrible matches with the Shield.
    Awful waste of Taker putting him up against Shane not many years left in him could they not have put over a younger talent. They need to start soon as this Mania card is so lacking. Still we get the McMahon drama which is so 90's of them.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Lol. Punk vs Taker was a huge step down match quality wise from the Hbk & HHH matches. Punk phoned it in for large periods towards the end of his wwe run. He's the only guy who had horrible matches with the Shield.
    Awful waste of Taker putting him up against Shane not many years left in him could they not have put over a younger talent. They need to start soon as this Mania card is so lacking. Still we get the McMahon drama which is so 90's of them.

We all cud of won loads of money if we put a bet on Shane being his mania opponent. I agree this is a waste of taker and it shows how much McMahon is losing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

ERG89 wrote: »
    Lol. Punk vs Taker was a huge step down match quality wise from the Hbk & HHH matches. Punk phoned it in for large periods towards the end of his wwe run.

It absolutely was, a huge step down but I don't think he phoned it in, dude killed himself in the match.
    The problem is that the four previous years had absolutely bled dry the formula for a certain kind of streak match leaving the idea of him losing utterly unbelievable, and taker himself seemed to be burning out fast (he's since shaked off a hell of a lot of whatever injuries were pulling him down for a few years there, mind) . There was nowhere to go to after that for taker asides from either losing it or a retirement match against cena.

I've always said it here, the out and out mark in me always wanted him to appear in the Royal Rumble one year and to win the championship at WrestleMania one last time, and then bow out. In an era where people give out about part-timers so much, I think everything that The Undertaker has done for the company would have surely warranted that.

I've always said it here, the out and out mark in me always wanted him to appear in the Royal Rumble one year and to win the championship at WrestleMania one last time, and then bow out. In an era where people give out about part-timers so much, I think everything that The Undertaker has done for the company would have surely warranted that.

Here here stereo. Top post.

sting vs taker would of been done at wm 31 if triple hs ego didnt get in the way but if it wasant for him sting would never have been in the wwe. although i loved the match it was the triple h show.

if sting made his debút during or after a taker match fans (myself included) would have to be lifted off the floor as it would be massive

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Here here stereo. Top post.
    I genuinely wasn't sure what peoples' opinions of that idea were. I'm sure I've mentioned it around Royal Rumble time here the last few years. I doubt we'll ever see anything like that but 2013 or 2014 would have been ideal years I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭briany

Going against the grain here! But reading on twitter the amount of people so excited to see Taker back.

Here's what I don't understand - You had Undertaker there last Monday just to give a one minute promo. He was there for the whole night and that was what was done with him. A one minute promo. He didn't even take his hat off. Is Undertaker charging by the minute or something? Is he flying in to do a one minute promo, then immediately getting in a car and going home again? People say that Brock's a mercenary, but I think Undertaker is taking the cake at this stage. It's a real shame because Undertaker is better on the mic than he's been given credit for throughout his career. His best ones have arguably been in the ABA/Big Evil persona, but he can even give one through the more wooden Dead Man character as well. I understand that Undertaker is very beaten up, but I don't think his knees will give out just from standing in the ring and talking. If they do, then he ought to be retired.

Really, he should have retired after Brock. That was the time. These matches feel like a weird purgatory that the character is now in. He has very little left to really fight for.

Having said all that, I still enjoy the Undertaker. His presence at WM is just too iconic and legendary to be ignored and the pairing with Shane at least puts a different spin on matters. It won't be finisher/kickout city like 'Taker's matches have been. It won't be "Can the aging Undertaker claim another soul this year?" because Shane is positioned as a massive underdog, and the Undertaker will be the monster. Shane looks to be in great shape and seems excited to be back. I mean, the reaction he got on that return has to be addicting and inspiring, so I think he'll push the boat out to give the fans a really memorable match and live up to the hype, hopefully not hurting himself too badly in the process. Will he go off the cage? If Undertaker can get up there then I wouldn't put it past Shane to do so. It would be foolish, but the lengths wrestlers go at WM is sometimes truly above and beyond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I remember when 'Taker was doing his American Badass gimmick a number of fans were wanting him to retire even then. i think Brock Lesnar was the wrong person to beat him. If it had to be done that year, then Bray Wyatt was the person to do it. Brock is too temperamental a person at times and how long he'll make himself available to WWE is not known. Wyatt on the other hand seems to be in it for the long haul, and was still white hot back then. Any of the Shield could have gone over him also.

But I still look forward to Undertaker wrestling, and Shane McMahon was a crazy performer. Not technically brilliant, but very smart with his talents, and certainly a chap who put his body on the line. I'm expecting this match to be very entertaining if nothing else.

will there be any ref to this rivilary from 2003

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I genuinely wasn't sure what peoples' opinions of that idea were. I'm sure I've mentioned it around Royal Rumble time here the last few years. I doubt we'll ever see anything like that but 2013 or 2014 would have been ideal years I think.

Well i've often thought something similar, except i'd have him lose for the first time at Wrestlemania due to outside intereference. He'd lose to put someone over who could be their next big star, seeing as he is a company guy and does what is best for business. I still think his loss to Lesnar was the wrong decision.

I've just had a thought what if Kurt Angle were to make a surprise return at Wrestlemania on the side of Shane? I would love to see Angle return to WWE on a part time schedule. Although, i guess he won't be cleared to do so by WWE doctors.

Yeah. We could easily get into all of the what-ifs with Kurt Angle but it doesn't change the condition he's in and the stance that WWE have held firm on with him over the last few years. What if Kurt Angle were to come out on Monday Night Raw and challenge Kevin Owens to an Intercontinental Championship ladder match at WrestleMania is one in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The deadman retired, #ThankYouTaker, what a gimmick and career, while I'm not happy his career ended with his WM streak broken, what a legend

Watching an interview and he says Edge was asked to end the streak but refused, Koslov was a name mentioned to end it also, apparently Orton too refused, huge respect to them for refusing as it was a unique legacy which Lesnar ending was stupid imho, should have retired with it unbroken

I saw that interview it was a good one. Jeez Vince had some daft ideas. Imagine losing it to Koslov. Brock should have refused to end it just like Edge and others did. I believe Edge was a fan of the Undertaker before he got into wrestling himself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The guy to break the streak should always have been Roman. Imagine his "This is my yard now" infamous line after being the first to beat Taker at Mania.

Brock never needed it, and it was a waste of something that will probably never happen again. Unless you count Michael Cole's 1-0 streak I guess 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good idea. Next year's Mania will be Cole putting his 13 year streak on the line against Bayley.

Yeah, that would have made sense, but I still would have preferred it remained unbroken. The Undertaker deserved that.

Edge believes Roman Reigns should have ended The Undertaker’s streak.

Undertaker has also mentioned he wished he gave Reigns the opportunity to do it, instead of Brock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Would have made a lot more sense that Brock, actually, not losing would have made the most sense of all.

Advertisement