Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nascar 2019/2020

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Another win for Hamlin yesterday. Of all the Toyota's, I think he is the only driver who can win the championship for them and Joe Gibbs Racing this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Another win for Hamlin yesterday. Of all the Toyota's, I think he is the only driver who can win the championship for them and Joe Gibbs Racing this year.

The chase format means that it's wide open and early season success doesn't lead to a championship

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Now over to Dover. I have an awful twitch :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Intense racing tonight at Talladega. Big wreck before the end of stage 1.

Sooooo close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Just caught up on that race, some finish. Gas it took them 5 mins to make a decision on Hamlin over the line at the end. F1 would take 5 hours. Looking forward to the roval next.

Tonight's race is on the Road-oval (Roval) at Charlotte. Interestingly, the cars are using wet-weather tyres for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Watched the race on YT this morning. Very strange hearing nascar commentators talking about wet tyres and dry lines. Love nascar on the road courses, always something going on. Also must say, as a casual fan, I enjoy the playoff system. Was fun seeing Kyle Busch trying to win to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,505 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sunday's race has finally resumed.

Cheers for the heads up. Going to watch through to the end, and have a beer while doing so. It'll be like a normal Sunday evening :p

• Advertisement

Heads up that tonight's race is starting on Freesports now (you can manually tune in on Sky if necessary )

Thanks for that. I don't like this track, almost impossible to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Hamlin for the win :)

So much better in HD on satellite. Come on Chase!

Truex Jnr for the win and progression

The signal is breaking up here. Is that the same for anyone else?

That was a great end to the race. Exciting stuff. Harvick trying to spin the 18 was funny only to properly wreck himself.

Looking forward to this finale. My drivers for this evening are Chase and Denny. Let's go racin'.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Looking forward to this finale. My drivers for this evening are Chase and Denny. Let's go racin'.
    Hamlin to finally redeem himself.

It's a crazy system when you consider Harvick is not in it but thems the rules

It's been a clean race so far. Top 4 really playing the long game. Now for the final stage. It's going to be some dust up in the final laps... destruction derby style!

• Advertisement

Chase won that well. He had a great car to recover from the penalty at the start. So much speed compared to everyone else. Delighted for him. He's a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Im a Ford man,so wanted the 2 or 22 to win.Having said that,Bill Elliott was my hero so never minded too much if Chase won a race.As astrofluff remarked,Chase did have a great car,drove from the back and won the last stage/race comfortably in the end.He is a true gent,met him in the Dawsonville Poolroom last year after he won the Talladega spring race.If only he drove a Ford! LOL

Hendricks really came back this year. It was good to see a Chevy win the championship again after a few barron years.
    Harvick has become a disappointment at this stage. Only one championship with how dominant he has been is hard to believe.
    I think another thing that people will have noticed this year is how important crew chiefs are.
    Martin Truex lost one of the best in Cole Pearn and he wasn't nearly as strong this season as previous years. As bad as Jimmie Johnson had been over the last two years he was worse this season without Chad Knaus.
    The other thing that excited me was the development of the big three from last year's Xfinity series. Cole Custer got a win, Christopher Bell looked really good but Tyler Reddick looks like a major contender for championships for years to come. It'll be interesting to see if he can do it with RCR or if he'll have to move to one of the bigger teams. If he does it with RCR that would be incredible when you consider that nobody has won it since 2004 outside of those driving for the big four teams.

Advertisement