Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC248: Adesanya v Romero

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

What happened with Brian Ortega and Korean Zombie?

That girl in my profile photo is two-month-old Palestinian girl Laila Junaid. She weighs 2kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,336 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

John_D80 wrote:
    I’m sorry I just can’t agree with booing fighters under any circumstance where they are fighting within the rules. They’re compromising their own safety and professional career every time they step in a ring. And booing, besides being extremely disrespectful often shows complete ignorance of the sport as was the case last night.
    People pay big money to go to these events and it's about being entertained for most of them.
    It was an awful fight with both being afraid to get involved.
    As for the result, it was incredibly close and the Champion always gets the decision in those type of fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,336 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Still thinking about Zhang and Joanna last night. I think it's up there in the top two or three fights of all time, men or women.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Yoel is an Olympic medal level wrestler and arguably a harder hitter and can take more damage than Izzy (and at 42 is also certainly much nearer the end of his career) and yet he chose to sit back like that and play it safe. Incomprehensible really, then to have the gall to call out Izzy when he was obviously reacting to the way Romero chose to fight. Israel was smart, after the first counter punch from Yoel he fell back on point scoring, knowing that he has a lot more to lose by playing dumb and rushing in. Completely understand the crowds reaction, especially after the co-main, but he wasn't going to gamble his health and career on a drunk Las Vegas crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Have you guys seen pictures of Joanna today? Her whole face is black and blue.Her top lip, mouth and chin area is the only part of her face with normal colouring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Have you guys seen pictures of Joanna today? Her whole face is black and blue.Her top lip, mouth and chin area is the only part of her face with normal colouring.

Yes I saw them... I am amazed more is not being said, personally I would not be surprised if she did not suffer some lasting injury. If you walked into A & E like that they would keep you in for a week !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Whelo79 wrote: »

She looked like the elephant man last weekend so in some ways how she looked the last day or so is a lot better.

Advertisement