Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Mob Law taking over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

lleti wrote: »
    They are inciting fear and terror that their kids are going to die a painful death.

where and when have they done this.
    answer, they haven't.
    they have simply said that if climate change continues and nothing is done to slow down the pace of change, there will be serious consequences which will effect us all. we won't be able to stop the change altogether, but by slowing it down we can make some of the consequences less severe, and for the severe ones we won't be able to stop, we will be able to prepare.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

lleti wrote: »
    These terrorists have said they are willing to break the law.

yes, break the law. not commit terrorism.
    breaking the law of itself is not terrorism unless someone commits an act that is classed as a terrorist act under the law, which fits the definition of terrorism.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Great to see delayed Tube commuters in London ripping a climate lunatic off the roof of a train this morning. The lunatic tried to repel by kicking the commuter in the face but he was brought down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7582765/Extinction-Rebellion-protesters-cause-misery-morning-commuters-converge-Canning-Town.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

dubdaymo wrote: »
    Great to see delayed Tube commuters in London ripping a climate lunatic off the roof of a train this morning. The lunatic tried to repel by kicking the commuter in the face but he was brought down.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7582765/Extinction-Rebellion-protesters-cause-misery-morning-commuters-converge-Canning-Town.html

These dickheads should be arrested - they are achieving nothing through these idiotic stunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Keyzer wrote: »
    These dickheads should be arrested - they are achieving nothing through these idiotic stunts.

Out of interest, what is your stance here regarding the actual issue? Are you climate-change deniers, or do you simply believe ah, shure twill all be graaand?

Or do you think it's a serious issue and have alternative ideas (and if so, what are they?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Out of interest, what is your stance here regarding the actual issue?
    OP here. This thread is solely about the climate lunatics and the vegan lunatics disrupting people's lives and the manner in which they set out to do so. See Post #1. There are other threads that deal with the climate issue.

OP here. This thread is solely about the climate lunatics and the vegan lunatics disrupting people's lives and the manner in which they set out to do so. See Post #1. There are other threads that deal with the climate issue.

But you can't really say "**** da crusties" or wish physical harm on someone unless you have alternative ideas, or you're being a self-centered dick!

Bit of balance for you thread, maybe? Failing that, there's a ranting and raving forum...

Out of interest, what is your stance here regarding the actual issue? Are you climate-change deniers, or do you simply believe ah, shure twill all be graaand?

Or do you think it's a serious issue and have alternative ideas (and if so, what are they?)

My opinion on climate change is irrelevant to this conversation.

Seriously, what impact do these clowns think they are going to have by climbing on top of a train at 7 (ish) in the morning and disrupting thousands of people?

Do they think its going to have a positive impact? The disruption caused will be waved away and the people having their morning commute severely disrupted will cheer them on?

Its a complete stunt.

My opinion on climate change is irrelevant to this conversation.

Seriously, what impact do these clowns think they are going to have by climbing on top of a train at 7 (ish) in the morning and disrupting thousands of people?

Do they think its going to have a positive impact? The disruption caused will be waved away and the people having their morning commute severely disrupted will cheer them on?

Its a complete stunt.

Oh, absolutely. But all demonstrations are stunts. The velvet revolution was a stunt until it brought the Berlin wall down. The 1916 rising was a stunt until the British government sent gunboats up the Liffey. Rosa Parks sitting at the front of the bus was a stunt. Guy in front of tanks in Tianamen square - stunt. Hong Kong - stunts all over the place.

The first stage of all these stunts/demonstrations though is to raise awareness and that's been achieved.

The second stage is then to see: regardless of whether or not you agree with their methods, is there ideal correct?

If yes, then you have to accept that there's a problem and we move on to stage three: alternative solutions and ideas to mass disruption.

And at that point your opinion on climate change IS relevant.

If not, then - as I said, we just go round patting yourselves back on creative ways of saying "**** the hippies" which amounts to little more than trolling - and we might as well lock the thread because it's pretty much run its course and nothing new of value is ever going to be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

HartsHat wrote: »
    Amazing how you can tell someone is a conservative middle aged angry man from one post.
    Although I applaud your anti-PC rhetoric you probably shouldn't assume people's gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you see the racist protester kick the black commuter in the face?
    UK has pretty strict laws around this kind of shocking racist behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

biko wrote: »
    Did you see the racist protester kick the black commuter in the face?
    UK has pretty strict laws around this kind of shocking racist behaviour.

Or would it be racist to only kick white people?
    Think you're confusing equality with racism. Not like they specifically kicked the black lad because he was black.

Oh, absolutely. But all demonstrations are stunts. The velvet revolution was a stunt until it brought the Berlin wall down. The 1916 rising was a stunt until the British government sent gunboats up the Liffey. Rosa Parks sitting at the front of the bus was a stunt. Guy in front of tanks in Tianamen square - stunt. Hong Kong - stunts all over the place.

The first stage of all these stunts/demonstrations though is to raise awareness and that's been achieved.

The second stage is then to see: regardless of whether or not you agree with their methods, is there ideal correct?

If yes, then you have to accept that there's a problem and we move on to stage three: alternative solutions and ideas to mass disruption.

And at that point your opinion on climate change IS relevant.

If not, then - as I said, we just go round patting yourselves back on creative ways of saying "**** the hippies" which amounts to little more than trolling - and we might as well lock the thread because it's pretty much run its course and nothing new of value is ever going to be posted.

Wow...

Putting the fall of the Berlin Wall and the 1916 uprising in the same bracket as a bunch of clowns glueing themselves to trains and dancing around like a bunch of mentally deranged lunatics.

That's some stretch of the imagination...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Or would it be racist to only kick white people?
    Think you're confusing equality with racism. Not like they specifically kicked the black lad because he was black.

Thread on this the last day, jist seemed to be if the victim feels it was because of race then it was so, up to the lad who got the boot really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

A post from stormfront yes I read it and even post on it now and again get over it.
    Furious commuters drag Extinction Rebellion protesters from the roof of a DLR train | Daily Mail Online

White lefties get slapped around and humiliated by blacks and other non-whites. Other whites may tolerate their disruption but the immigrants will just batter them if they dare get in their way.

The irony is that those lefties are probably pro-mass immigration as well yet it's the immigrants who are beating them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm a lifelong activist and I will be the first to condemn activism which disrupts peoples' daily lives rather than drawing attention to a cause in a way which elicts support and sympathy from members of the public. It's childish, moronic, and utterly counter productive.

I've always used my local area as a good example of this, versus the kind of protests we tend to get in Dublin City Centre - I live in the Dun Laoghaire area and throughout the 2000s we had a very drawn out campaign against the council's plan to sell off a large area beside the seafront to a developer, infilling a bunch of foreshore and allowing it to be closed off to public access by the owners of a prospective private apartment complex. This campaign enjoyed massive local support, and one of the things we always did was to plan out our routes and protest venues a long time in advance with the Gardaí, ensuring that various streets would only have to be closed for the minimum possible amount of time, and ultimately assembling our rallies at the end of the protests on Newtownsmith Green (Sandycove Green), away from the roads and pavements. For this reason, we never caused widespread disruption to traffic or pedestrians in the local area.

Contrast this with Dublin City Centre, where almost every protest gets hijacked by a small minority of militant idiots who decide to plonk themselves down on O'Connell bridge, one of the biggest intersections for city centre traffic (public and private alike), and thus throwing the entire inner city into often day-long traffic chaos. Think about the number of bus routes which begin and end on either O'Connel St on the north side or Westmoreland and D'Olier St on the south side, and cross the river during their route, and you'll easily see why such a blockade is perhaps the single most disruptive thing a group could do to traffic in Dublin city. As a result of this, headlines which otherwise could focus on the message of the protest, the success of it in terms of numbers, speeches made at it, etc, tend to instead be dominated by "traffic chaos as protesters shut down main city thoroughfare at rush hour".

Going back to my Dun Laoghaire example, imagine if instead of holding our rallies on the pavement outside the town hall or on Newtownsmith Green, we had a bunch of eejits sit down at the intersection of Marine Road and Crofton Road, thus blocking all traffic bus to and from Dun Laoghaire Dart Station. There wouldn't be any headlines about the size of our protest, our message, the council's response, etc - all there would be, would be very justified headlines saying "Traffic chaos throughout South County Dublin as 46A, 75, 7A, 45A bus routes shut down". such a move would, just like the O'Connell St twattery, cause disruption to public transport with consequences stretching right across the south county, far from Dun Laoghaire or its immediate environs. And thus we didn't do that, because doing that would have been an idiotic way to haemorrhage support from people who would have been on our side if we hadn't made them miss having dinner with their families by f*cking up their commute home from work or school.

Obviously that's just one local example, but how is this not blindingly obvious to anyone organising a protest? You don't win support by disrupting innocent peoples' lives, FFS - and it's extremely easy to have a large, hard hitting protest without doing so if you make some extremely simple decisions ahead of time about where you're going to have it, and how you're going to organise your route in order to minimise disruption to others. These people seem to be going out of their way to intentionally cause disruption, in a misguided application of the "all publicity is good publicity" principle - that principle simply doesn't apply to politics. And anyone with two brain cells to rub together should be able to easily recognise why.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,732 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

A post from stormfront yes I read it and even post on it now and again get over it.

Any black person I knew when I lived in London wasn't an immigrant. This is the level of stupidity we're dealing with with people like you and people on Stormfront. F*cking hell.

Any black person I knew when I lived in London wasn't an immigrant. This is the level of stupidity we're dealing with with people like you and people on Stormfront. F*cking hell.

Stormfront is full of hate I would not deny that and there is a serious anti Irish bias on there.

However the post says blacks and other non whites look at a picture of London from the 60s and compare it to the present only and idiot could think immigration has noting to do with the changing demographics of the city.

Look at London stabbing after stabbing covering up the truth forces people to places like Stormfront and Political Irish.

Pardon the pun the world is not black and white for the most part there is good and bad everywhere but opening ones boarders and offering welfare to those with no intention of working and their eventual children is suicide for a society.

I have met people of all different races and nationality in work and found them to be good and decent people.

I have seen people from different races and backgrounds work really well together abroad again the key is work.

Back to the subject of this thread people blocking others getting to work with their so called protests should not be tolerated and the quote from Stormfront exposes the Irony of these deluded peoples mental state.

I made the mistake of attending an organisation meeting for a water protest a few years ago and giving my mobile number I get nothing but texts for protests even when I block the sender they come in on a different number.

I have always said people on these protests should be cut off from social welfare.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mother of god, climate change activists stopping public transport, the idiocy of this is amazing. Block single occupancy cars or private vehicles all you want but blocking public transport and cyclists, loo lahs. The ones in Dublin seem grand.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Mother of god, climate change activists stopping public transport, the idiocy of this is amazing. Block single occupancy cars or private vehicles all you want but blocking public transport and cyclists, loo lahs. The ones in Dublin seem grand.

The only thing I disagree with in you post is the amazing bit these tree huggers take the meaning of stupid to a whole different level.:D

• Advertisement

Wow...

Putting the fall of the Berlin Wall and the 1916 uprising in the same bracket as a bunch of clowns glueing themselves to trains and dancing around like a bunch of mentally deranged lunatics.

That's some stretch of the imagination...

Then you don't know anything about the organisation of said fall of the Berlin wall or the 1916 rebellion, (which was even mote of a hindrance to Dublin, as XR is to London), but my guess is that you do, and the whole point of your post is misdirection; and it won't work because I'm just going to drag you back to the question which was:
    regardless of whether or not you agree with their methods, is there ideal correct?

Yes or no?

Or do you just want to go back to trolling protesters and pretend it doesn't matter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Guilty ISH

My exe girlfriend was one of these SJW liberal lefties...

You know the type, goes to yoga extremely attractive looking, fit and couldn't work because she was working on her spiritual growth and development projects.

It was all brand new to me, what did this spiritual gorgeous goddess see in me the rugged gardener from the Burren.

Anyhow I never got involved in herself and her protest's but as time went on I found myself getting sucked into the madness, it starts with a trickle and basically you think you're eating a delicious meal, but instead it's poison.

A lot of them come from old money where daddy gives them a credit card and they have an endless supply of cash, even into their 40's and 50's and might have a job like a waitress or work in a cafe or woo health store.
    Maybe the local co op, you know 20 hours a week..so they can sign on for the rest of the week and dad and mum will wire them at least 300 a week too

700 if the clutch goes.

Also these lefty's kid's are usually caught up in addiction and then they might have one who's an embarrassment because he or she is normal and want to get the fock out when they're 18 go get educated and prosper.

But the kid Who's strung out of it and his teeth are rotten to the core at 24 is their angel, the irony of it is they left their son or daughter do drugs from the age of 14, sure it's only grass...

Anyhow back to the protests, it's down to just being brats and a lot of the time they're living well away from what they're protesting against.

The worst I ever seen was the Shannon Airport skangers they left their camp in sh l T there was cans, bottle's and nappies everywhere after them.
    They didn't care about the locals, vandalized an aircraft and had no respect for the local tourism industry, bunch of liberal loons with nothing else to do only crave attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

CramCycle wrote: »

They claimed the dlr was going to the financial Docklands area but it’s not like everybody who works there is a banker.

These twats never try and stop private jets. Why not?

These people seem to be going out of their way to intentionally cause disruption, in a misguided application of the "all publicity is good publicity" principle - that principle simply doesn't apply to politics. And anyone with two brain cells to rub together should be able to easily recognise why.
    Therein lies the answer.

Imagine you're sitting in a restaurant enjoying a juicy rib-eye and suddenly the doors are burst open and a gang of vegans comes in with placards and shouting and screaming at you, berating you for eating your choice of food and demanding that you start eating leaves instead.

Or trying to get to your workplace and being prevented from doing so by people gluing themselves to roads, footpaths, the sides of trains, doors, windows, revolving doors and just about anything they can get their hands on including roofs of planes or performing yoga on mats laid out on busy thoroughfares or locking their bodies to objects and/or each other with bicycle locks et al.

You couldn't make it up. The fact is that these people plainly have no brain cells at all and that's why they're lunatics and should be locked up.

nthclare wrote: »
    A lot of them come from old money where daddy gives them a credit card and they have an endless supply of cash, even into their 40's and 50's and might have a job like a waitress or work in a cafe or woo health store.
    Maybe the local co op, you know 20 hours a week..so they can sign on for the rest of the week and dad and mum will wire them at least 300 a week too

700 if the clutch goes.

Also these lefty's kid's are usually caught up in addiction and then they might have one who's an embarrassment because he or she is normal and want to get the fock out when they're 18 go get educated and prosper.

But the kid Who's strung out of it and his teeth are rotten to the core at 24 is their angel, the irony of it is they left their son or daughter do drugs from the age of 14, sure it's only grass...

Anyhow back to the protests, it's down to just being brats and a lot of the time they're living well away from what they're protesting against.

The worst I ever seen was the Shannon Airport skangers they left their camp in sh l T there was cans, bottle's and nappies everywhere after them.
    They didn't care about the locals, vandalized an aircraft and had no respect for the local tourism industry, bunch of liberal loons with nothing else to do only crave attention.

I know parents in their 50s raising a daughter like this. Daddy makes good money and Grandad signed over the inheritance early so mommy is lashing money on her Art grad daughter who of course can't find a job. Stupid thing is she did a good LC and easily could have done something productive but she is a terrible artist. Been living in London the past 2 years on the parents money. Goes on about white male privilege and doesn't see the irony.

I know parents in their 50s raising a daughter like this. Daddy makes good money and Grandad signed over the inheritance early so mommy is lashing money on her Art grad daughter who of course can't find a job. Stupid thing is she did a good LC and easily could have done something productive but she is a terrible artist. Been living in London the past 2 years on the parents money. Goes on about white male privilege and doesn't see the irony.

I know and ironically a lot of these Social justice warriors are really well educated and never get a job only living off the parents.

They'll never be effected by climate change or will they ever be cold.

Do you ever see those dirty hippie's protesting ?

They are dressed from head to toe in designer clothes but it's the more rugged thread's they'll be wearing.

Railcar Jean's and shirts, redwing iron rangers boots etc
    Worn looking bellstaf wax Jackets etc
    Patagonia jackets etc

So there they are protesting against the system and the clothes on them would be twice the weekly wage of the average person.

And they would have wardrobes full of these threads..

So don't be fooled by these cretins, they have it easy.

Can the average person take a month off every year and fly all over India and exotic islands ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

This is very worrying. I think it's time for the pussyfooting around by Police to stop. These lunatics need to be taught a lesson, a harsh lesson, that legitimate protest does not include daily disruption of citizens lives. If not nipped in the bud this trend could develop into something very unpleasant.

What are you suggesting, executions maybe?

Protests usually effect daily lives of citizens. The recent beef farmers protests saw produce disappear from shop shelves. Nurses strikes effect citizens, airport strikes effect citizens. The Hong Kong protests are clearly effecting peoples lives there, the Catalan protests will effect more and more citizens.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    What are you suggesting, executions maybe?

Probably Bloody Sunday style-executions.

Probably Bloody Sunday style-executions.

Nah just give them a good wash... smelly crusties

• Advertisement

nthclare wrote: »
    Nah just give them a good wash... smelly crusties

Ah the old generalised ad homeinem wixed with a hint of low-level trolling, aka the "I'm not capable of debating the issue but I'm too proud to admit it" and we return to the sticking point:

Regardless of whether or not you agree with their methods, is there ideal correct; and if so, what do you suggest as an alternative?

Or is it another "crusty"/"unemployed" misdirection (be careful - didn't work for Keyzer or the OP)

Advertisement