Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go-Ahead - Timetables for 45A/59/63/75 from 7th October

Options
  • 26-09-2018 7:22pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Go-Ahead Ireland have now published the timetables for Routes 45A, 59, 63 and 75 which will transfer to them from Sunday 7th October 2018.

Services that have route variations will now have their own unique suffix for ease of identification where required, to help identify them in the timetable.

The changes can be summarised as follows:

Route 45A/45B
    Daytime frequency enhanced to every 20 minutes, and every 30 minutes each evening and Sunday daytimes.

Existing journeys diverting via Shanganagh Cliffs Estate are numbered 45B to distinguish them from the standard route, but apart from this the route is the same as the 45A.

Full timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/45A_45B.pdf

Route 59
    Departure times between Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey and vice versa have been coordinated with service 111 where possible to offer more evenly spaced departures along these roads.

The route stays the same and there are no route variations.

Full Timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/59.pdf

Route 63/63A
    Weekday daytime frequency remains every 30 minutes with first and last bus times broadly similar but enhanced to every 30 minutes each evening and Sunday daytimes.

Please note, the start and end point on all routes – including 63 & 63A – are the same. The A route journeys via Foxrock as outlined on the timetable.

Full Timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/63_63A.pdf

Route 75/75A
    Existing journeys via Sandyford Business Park will remain and be augmented at peak periods. These enhance the number of peak journeys between Dundrum and Tallaght.

The route is changed in Dundrum to now serve Main Street, Taney Road and Sydenham Road to allow for better travel opportunities with connections on to the Luas green line.

The timetable has been coordinated with the route 175 between Dundrum and Tallaght to offer more evenly spread departures throughout the day.

First and last journey times are similar and additional Sunday morning and evening journeys will be introduced.

Please note, journeys via Sandyford Business Park are numbered 75A as outlined on the timetable.

Full Timetable:
    https://assets.goaheadbus.com/media/cms_page_media/4565/75.pdf

Ticket Acceptance
    All existing Dublin Bus tickets, free travel passes and Leap Cards will be accepted on all Go-Ahead services, and the fare structure will remain the same as it currently is with Dublin Bus.

Real Time Info & Journey Planning
    Real Time information will be shown on the TFI Real Time Ireland Application and the TFI Journey Planner. Please see www.transportforireland.ie for more details on these apps and how to download.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Seems very tight running times to me. 30 mins on 63 kilternan to dunlaoire madness and 15 mins on some 59 services.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

soundman45 wrote: »
    Seems very tight running times to me. 30 mins on 63 kilternan to dunlaoire madness and 15 mins on some 59 services.

Agree - Dalkey to DL station in 11 minutes even outside peak times is very optimistic imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I can't understand for the life of me why the NTA thinks it's a good idea to make the 75 even more torchorous by running it via Dundrum Village. I get that they want to integrate it with the Luas and the 175 but the 75 dosen't need to take anymore pointless detours it's going to screw up it's running time even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Good to see the improvements on the above routes. The suffix is helpful to finally show the route variations. The new stops erected along Taney Road etc will need to have route 75A added.

I think the running times on the 59 and 63 are the same as what is currently in place.

My only criticism is that these new timetables look different in style to the ones used by Dublin Bus, TFI and at stops. There are now four different looks to the timetables depending on what route you’re using which is not great for consistency. These timetables do not include fare stages or listings in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Devnull mentioned it above but I'm going to add some more on the topic of realtime data ......

Realtime data (RTPI) for the Go-Ahead services will not be shown on the Dubln Bus mobile app, nor on independent apps like Next Bus Dublin.

For a consolidated view of all routes serving your favourite stops (if they are served by DB and Go-Ahead buses), you will need to use the TFI Real Time app.....

https://www.transportforireland.ie/real-time/download-real-time-app/

• Advertisement

Some Go-Ahead links....

Dublin homepage: https://www.go-aheaddublin.ie/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GoAheadIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

coylemj wrote: »
    Realtime data (RTPI) for the Go-Ahead services will not be shown on the Dubln Bus mobile app, nor on independent apps like Next Bus Dublin.

NextBusDublin's most recent update says:
    Support for new Go-Ahead operated routes such as the 175 will be added soon.

loyatemu wrote: »
    NextBusDublin's most recent update says:
    Support for new Go-Ahead operated routes such as the 175 will be added soon.

+1 just read the app description this morning and spotted that. I've lashed an e-mail off to the developer, asking him for his plans to integrate support for the 75 and other routes that will be moving over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KC8

As others have said, I think it’s a shame that the new timetables don’t use ‘clockface’ departure times, although at least headways are reasonably consistent.

The last 45a in the evening is interesting. A customer friendly provision that has the bus waiting at Bray for a delayed DART for up to 15 minutes..... is this a good example of why we needed another operator to shake up Dublin Bus???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

KC8 wrote: »
    As others have said, I think it’s a shame that the new timetables don’t use ‘clockface’ departure times, although at least headways are reasonably consistent.

The last 45a in the evening is interesting. A customer friendly provision that has the bus waiting at Bray for a delayed DART for up to 15 minutes..... is this a good example of why we needed another operator to shake up Dublin Bus???

I suppose it depends on what way you look at it. It might be customer-friendly if you're on a delayed DART and hoping to make the last 45A but you probably won't be thrilled if you're already on the last 45A and then have to wait up to 15 minutes for the DART to arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

The 45A gets some welcome attention not just in terms of the last bus provision but also for finally having buses leaving at reasonable times on a Sunday morning. To have the first 45A at 11am (!) on a Sunday morning when lifestyle and business patterns has changed so much to a far more respectable 0830 is good to see. Interesting to read too that the 111 will also run on Sundays once it goes to Go-Ahead is another move which will benefit passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Wasn't the new timetable drawn up by the NTA not GoAhead?

14 is going to run every 15 mins Monday to Saturday and every 20 mins on a Sunday. The 61 and 120 are both getting revised timetables. I assume this extra capacity is coming as a result of Go-Ahead transfers in Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Stephen15 wrote: »
    14 is going to run every 15 mins Monday to Saturday and every 20 mins on a Sunday. The 61 and 120 are both getting revised timetables. I assume this extra capacity is coming as a result of Go-Ahead transfers in Donnybrook.

I would say yes. Although the 120 is not from Donnybrook Garage. It is run from Phibsboro. I don't know why that got a revised timetable tbh. Anyone got any info?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I would say yes. Although the 120 is not from Donnybrook Garage. It is run from Phibsboro. I don't know why that got a revised timetable tbh. Anyone got any info?

I've posted a thread about it, some routes are moving depot as well, some are going to get a frequency increase, and others are having extra buses through at the same timetable to increase service reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Will monthly and annual DB tickets and rambler tickets work on these services?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

AngryLips wrote: »
    Will monthly and annual DB tickets and rambler tickets work on these services?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

The 14 will now be operated fully by Donnybrook, as a result the 120 will transfer from Phibsboro to Summerhill.

KD345 wrote: »
    The 14 will now be operated fully by Donnybrook, as a result the 120 will transfer from Phibsboro to Summerhill.

I was wondering though what would happen to the capacity left by the 120 in Phibsboro. No increases on any Phibsboro routes so far anyway.

Also what will happen to Bray depot once the 184 and 185 move to GA. Will there be an increase on 84/a, an increase in Bray based 145 duties or perhaps another route might move some of it's duties to Bray the 44 is only route I could think of which may be suitable to move some of it's duties to Bray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭john boye

Also what will happen to Bray depot once the 184 and 185 move to GA. Will there be an increase on 84/a, an increase in Bray based 145 duties or perhaps another route might move some of it's duties to Bray the 44 is only route I could think of which may be suitable to move some of it's duties to Bray.

The 145 will surely get a frequency increase soon either from the routes going to GAI or the extra deliveries coming this year/next year so I guess there'd be room for them there. That said a bit of extra space in the yard probably wouldn't be the worst, it's absolutely rammed at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I've heard rumours (which might be bullshit) that the 45 is returning and/or the 84 is being extended either back to town or to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've heard rumours (which might be bullshit) that the 45 is returning and/or the 84 is being extended either back to town or to UCD.

all-day 84X would be more useful than the return of the insanely slow old 84

loyatemu wrote: »
    all-day 84X would be more useful than the return of the insanely slow old 84

During the school term, the old 84 could be particularly slow (although nowhere near as slow as the current meandering route). On a weekend evening, with certain drivers (especially if they were finishing their shift), there was no quicker way of getting from town to Bray.

I think, in addition to the current morning/evening 84x service, some sort of hybrid 84/84x route could work during off-peak hours: Newcastle to Bray as per the current 84 route, and then a limited stop service between Bray and UCD (where anyone going all the way to town could transfer onto a 39a), only deviating from the N11 for the Luas at Brides Glen. In addition to that, you could have the 84a (or 45, or whatever) going from Bray Station via the Rock Rd, St. Vincents, Nutley Lane and N11, terminating at UCD.

I highly doubt a route like the 45 or the old 84 would ever make a comeback especially considering bus connects is proposing that outlying areas (Skerries, Blessington, Enniskerry, Dunboyne etc.) have their direct city service replaced by more frequent local routes.

The 45 was basically killed off by the introduction of the 145 and the 4 as the route duplicated both in parts and took longer.

The original Network Direct proposal for the 84 probably made the most sense every 30 mins between Newcastle and Brides Glen. I couldn't see the 84x being viable as an all day route either.

The original Network Direct proposal for the 84 probably made the most sense every 30 mins between Newcastle and Brides Glen. I couldn't see the 84x being viable as an all day route either.

There are three daytime 84x departures (one from Newcastle to town at 10:30, a return journey from town to Newcastle at 12:00, and then from Newcastle to town at 13:30). The 10:30 one usually has reasonable passenger numbers, especially during the college term; the 12:00 one runs empty, or close to empty; the 13:30 one often has fewer than ten passengers. If they changed the times (perhaps 10:00 from Newcastle, rather than 10:30 and 13:00, rather than 13:30), they might have a chance of picking up more passengers, as there wouldn't have been an 84 departure just ten minutes previously.

The 84x is currently a disastrous service, with buses regularly sacrificed at the altar of "operational issues" and passengers travelling from Stephen's Green/Leeson Street/UCD to Greystones/Kilcoole/Newcastle failing to get on because of (most) drivers failing to discourage people from using the route for short journeys along the N11. I gave up on public transport and started using the car because of it.

The original Network Direct proposals would make a lot of sense now that there is a bus stop right beside the Luas. The Network Direct compromise (Newcastle to UCD) would have made a lot of sense, had there been a 30 minute frequency, rather than hourly, and if it had taken a less meandering route to UCD (at one point, they were sending it through Stillorgan village for no reason other than the fact that some other route had been cut from there). Network Direct was all about saving money, so it was never likely to result in improvements. There is an opportunity now to make actual improvements to services.

be.bop wrote: »
    drivers cant refuse you entry to bus if you have a valid ticket, drivers dont care who gets on bus as long as they cause no problems
    can you imagine the bitching round here if drivers did refuse entry?

I've seen drivers on the 84x asking people where they're going and encouraging them to wait (a whole two minutes) for the next 46A/145 if they're only going as far as Stillorgan, Foxrock, etc. Most people are simply unaware that they're depriving others of a way of getting home, and politely oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aw139

The Nta made the new timetables..drivers covering 59 ..45A ..75..63 on one duty board..so If the driver is late due to traffic coming to dun Laoirghre to start a 63 or 63A over to kilternan and back to dun Laoirghre and then is late for a 75 or 75a .. also drivers pushed to sign off routes in route training ..the routes or some of ..should be all on there own rota like db. But gai have the 45A 59 63 63A 75 75A all on one Rota and duties so it's a mixed bag of a disaster . and then driver changes in dun Laoirghre ..probably late break and waiting for a bus that is late to do a change over for their 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

Aw139 wrote: »
    The Nta made the new timetables..drivers covering 59 ..45A ..75..63 on one duty board..so If the driver is late due to traffic coming to dun Laoirghre to start a 63 or 63A over to kilternan and back to dun Laoirghre and then is late for a 75 or 75a .. also drivers pushed to sign off routes in route training ..the routes or some of ..should be all on there own rota like db. But gai have the 45A 59 63 63A 75 75A all on one Rota and duties so it's a mixed bag of a disaster . and then driver changes in dun Laoirghre ..probably late break and waiting for a bus that is late to do a change over for their 2nd half.

Aw139 mate you should post this on the other thread aswel to show people

• Advertisement
Advertisement