Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Furryglove wrote: »
    The Sensai had everyone believe he would be an engineer of some sorts if he wasn’t involved in mma alright, alas ya have to give him props for cashing in on everything but he’s a narcissist tool in fairness, a major chocolate boy

he's either an enginneer or he's not, i believe he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Furryglove wrote: »
    The Sensai had everyone believe he would be an engineer of some sorts if he wasn’t involved in mma alright, alas ya have to give him props for cashing in on everything but he’s a narcissist tool in fairness, a major chocolate boy
    he's either an enginneer or he's not, i believe he is?

I think he has a degree in Maths.

Personally, I think he deserves all the success he has gotten, he put his eggs all in one basket and took a chance. It's worked out well for him and he's built a successful business. I would question why Chris Fields has nothing to do with him anymore and he even accused him on Twitter of not doing enough for the amateur game. I find Fields has come across as a decent fella whenever he was on Newstalk, he had admiration of Mcgregor but wasn't afraid to voice and criticise him. He wants to have this image of a coach and building Martial Artists, which I don't buy into. He comes across way too much on a high horse and a bit slimy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 mistearious

JK may be slimy but he is less odious than his former star pupil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Artem is the star pupil, the way his striking evolved over the years, even beating a former boxing champion, he is the GOAT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

JJayoo wrote: »
    Artem is the star pupil, the way his striking evolved over the years, even beating a former boxing champion, he is the GOAT

He hasn't a patch on pendred , bkfc are too afraid to give him a contract .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Are you a member down there?

I get where you're coming from, but your description is a little off.
    You're not learning from champs (although there have abeen a few decent guest coaches), as you put it, but the coaches are very good.
    GB, Satori, Team Ryano, Team KF etc would all have coaches as good mind.

I've only been down in the new gym a few times since it opened due to other stuff, but it is a great set up.

As I mentioned, if you're not getting down regularly, it's expensive, but if you can get down a few days a week, price wise it isn't bad at all.

No I'm not a member nor have I ever been. I don't train bjj or any mma discipline. I posted as I was annoyed at mistruths being spouted (not by you).

I think it is true of any gym that it's expensive if you don't go.

To the other poster, when I said you get trained by champs I mean surrounded by a stable that is really great...same as other gyms too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

dashoonage wrote: »
    He hasn't a patch on pendred , bkfc are too afraid to give him a contract .

Ward 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fairly quiet lately....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

ricero wrote: »
    Fairly quiet lately....

Not a whole lot of McGregor MMA news about is there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod: Post deleted - you know why, don't push your luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The Nal wrote: »
    Not a whole lot of McGregor MMA news about is there?
    Nah he's in full training camp he's trending on twitter about him being back to himself.. Big announcement soon I say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Must be knuckling down on the training alright. Haven't seen him this quiet on social media since late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

dave1982 wrote: »
    Nah he's in full training camp he's trending on twitter about him being back to himself.. Big announcement soon I say

He’s really hammering the pre workouts now from what I’ve heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Arkadin

Big announcement soon I say

Yeah I heard the DPP is back from his holidays this week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah I heard the DPP is back from his holidays this week.

Banned for a week. You were told folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I've very little confidence in him beating anyone of note at lightweight these days.
    His heart's not in it, and he's not training as much as he would need to.
    He'll fight, but only for the money, his brand and to try and stay relevant in a sport that's past him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Nearly the same amount of time has passed from his UFC debut to the Alvarez fight as the time thats passed since the Alvarez fight to now. Thats to say, he fought 10 times in 3 years and then once in 3 years.

Just can't see a comeback happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He's retired guys hasnt trained in months.

The Nal wrote: »
    Just can't see a comeback happening.

It'll be a comeback. It'll just be fairly disappointing. Just the next level down after McG vs. Khabib.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 mistearious

McGregor's relevance as a credible fighter has faded and is very unlikely to return to past days. I'm sure that there will be plenty of other news about him though,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

How do people know how little or no training he's doing?

robwen wrote: »

Because they aren’t allowed talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The Diaz fight will always be there in his back pocket.
    McG absolutely dismantled Diaz in both fights until he blew his gas tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Our famous Irish sports star is arguably still the best in world according to John kavanagh and he is training

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-john-20584085

• Registered Users Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Our famous Irish sports star is arguably still the best in world according to John kavanagh and he is training

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-ufc-news-john-20584085

Lol, that pic of them together is from the wimp to warrior thing that Kavanagh runs, then Conor stayed out all night partying, and ended up in the Marble Arch the next morning, and was buying whiskey for the others in the pub, and.......,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

robwen wrote: »

We're pals on strava

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Lol, that pic of them together is from the wimp to warrior thing that Kavanagh runs, then Conor stayed out all night partying, and ended up in the Marble Arch the next morning, and was buying whiskey for the others in the pub, and.......,

Why do you post here? Genuinely curious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Why do you post here? Genuinely curious

And who are you supposed to be?? I’m really genuinely interested.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    McG absolutely dismantled Diaz in both fights until he blew his gas tank.

Same way Chad Mendes was destroying Conor until he blew his gas tank.
    Imagine what full camp Mendes could have done.

Advertisement