Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

bassy wrote: »
    Shes some ugly looking c**t..............
    and a total scumbag.

A 60 year woman issuing threats.

Same cow made fun of my mums terminal cancer....vile scum

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭paintitwhite

I am a PDC TV subscriber and I was under the imrpession I could get 6 table tickets for Dublin with it but the system is only letting me get 2. Does anyone know why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Delighted for price, the most consistent player in world over last 12 months, he could pick up another big one soon, ratajski not far behind him.

Another round 1 exit for the inform Willie o Connor hopefully he can get going again soon

Tarzann wrote: »
    Came through the Qualifiers for seven Euro Tours in a row, many decent runs in Players champs, beat Peter Wright on stage in Euro Tour two weeks ago, have a look through here, and point out where the cliff fall occurred:

http://www.dartsdatabase.co.uk/PlayerDetails.aspx?playerKey=8798

His form is actually better recently than it was up to the DAY before he won a Players championships event in April. He went out in the first round (and cashless) in 8 of the first 11 Players Champs events this year. His recent form is far better than that. You seem to be only judging him to the high standards of the World Cup final and his first Players championships victory in April.

Yours sincerely,
    Wilie 'The Magpie' O'Connor

He had a fierce few months winning the title, 9 darter at the green isle, final of world cup, he's had a lot of first round exits with fairly ordinary averages since that's all I meant, I'm his #1 fan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cian Barry through to ally pally for the world's best comeback against Liam Gallagher to win the Irish matchplay,great that it was on sky

• Advertisement

I know you missed a heap of match darts Liam Gallagher, but dont look back in anger, you got to roll with it.

I know you missed a heap of match darts Liam Gallagher, but dont look back in anger, you got to roll with it.

You're gonna live forever

Didn't realise Players Championship was on today. Another first round exit for O Connor.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Wright hits a 123.5 average

https://youtu.be/YWwclEZaAY4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Brendan Dolan beats Ian White 8-6 for his second players championship win

TbL

https://dartsnews.com/dolan-denies-white-to-claim-second-ranking-title-of-the-season-at-players-championship-29/

• Advertisement

All Irishmen north an south out today in first round?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

US2 wrote: »
    All Irishmen north an south out today in first round?

Looks like it alright.

Willie really has been poor since turning professional. Maybe he's putting too much pressure on himself. He's losing a fair few quid with all these first round exits.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Looks like it alright.

Willie really has been poor since turning professional. Maybe he's putting too much pressure on himself. He's losing a fair few quid with all these first round exits.

Yeah hotels flights and generally just living and having a family without a wage. Must be scary. I'm sure he'll get going soon he has the skills.

with Price reaching the semi finals , he is now going to top the players champs order of Merit, unless he loses in the semi and Ratajski wins the final

either way James Wade who has won 5 of the 30 players champs will move down to at least second seed.
    The reason Wade with 5 titles is not tops is because he has not played in 10 events, so a great haul for Wade in the events he entered.

PC titles won this year so far

Wade 5
    Price 3
    Ratajski 2
    Dolan 2
    Wright 2
    Chizzy 2
    De Sousa 2
    Durrant 2

with Price reaching the semi finals , he is now going to top the players champs order of Merit, unless he loses in the semi and Ratajski wins the final

either way James Wade who has won 5 of the 30 players champs will move down to at least second seed.
    The reason Wade with 5 titles is not tops is because he has not played in 10 events, so a great haul for Wade in the events he entered.

PC titles won this year so far

Wade 5
    Price 3
    Ratajski 2
    Dolan 2
    Wright 2
    Chizzy 2
    De Sousa 2
    Durrant 2

https://twitter.com/TheHenryCheal/status/1184144775802425346?s=19

Wade will most likely now pay for his laziness and him missing so many events.
    He lost his top seed spot and now as second seed, and if the draw I saw is correct he will most likely meet MVG in the last 16....the section of the draw no one wants.

He deserves it for being so complacent.

Wade will most likely now pay for his laziness and him missing so many events.
    He lost his top seed spot and now as second seed, and if the draw I saw is correct he will most likely meet MVG in the last 16....the section of the draw no one wants.

He deserves it for being so complacent.

I get your point but he's won more events than anyone, maybe he didn't see MvG missing so many events aswell ?
    If you want to win a tournament your more than likely going to have to beat MvG at some stage anyway

I get your point but he's won more events than anyone, maybe he didn't see MvG missing so many events aswell ?
    If you want to win a tournament your more than likely going to have to beat MvG at some stage anyway

True, but we both know players want to avoid MVG, just like they wanted to avoid Taylor in the past.

Take ally pally coming up, watch how players will be missing events.
    Take Wade, who is now #8 in the Oom, and in line to meet MVG at Ally Pally, as MVG wont be losing his #1, but hypothetically Wade could easily skip an event or two to drop to 9th and get an easier draw at Ally Pally.

I am sure many players factor in things like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,290 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

We are on the BBC today and tomorrow.
    Champions League.

Group A.
    MVG
    Smith
    Anderson
    Wade

Group B.Cross
    Gurney
    Wright
    Price

Round Robin Groups each game best of 19.
    Top 2 qualifiy for semi-finals, with winner of A playing Runner Up B.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,290 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Take ally pally coming up, watch how players will be missing events.
    Take Wade, who is now #8 in the Oom, and in line to meet MVG at Ally Pally, as MVG wont be losing his #1, but hypothetically Wade could easily skip an event or two to drop to 9th and get an easier draw at Ally Pally.

Eh? #9 has the same path as #8 from the quarters onwards.
    #10 or #11 is probably the sweet spot to get to (if you can't move up to #6 or #7).

• Advertisement

Eh? #9 has the same path as #8 from the quarters onwards.
    #10 or #11 is probably the sweet spot to get to (if you can't move up to #6 or #7).

I know but 8th gets you the #1 seed un the last 16. while 9thth gets him a round later I believe.

A lot of pdc draws lately have been very imbalanced die to the way things worked out and players dorm.
    Anderson for example is well off form for missing so many events , like euro tours and players champs, it skews things a little

End of the day any player with in with a shout of winning it will have to beat 2 or 3 top players

End of the day any player with in with a shout of winning it will have to beat 2 or 3 top players

of course, but the number of players capable and who have won majors is hardly impressive when you look at the top 16.

of course, but the number of players capable and who have won majors is hardly impressive when you look at the top 16.

Van Gerwen, Anderson, Cross, Wright, Price, Gurney, Chisnal, Smith , Aspinall, Durrant , Wade all capable of making the final .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Champions League of Darts is hard to watch with Paul Nicholson on commentary. As unbearable as a commentator as he was a player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Champions League of Darts is hard to watch with Paul Nicholson on commentary. As unbearable as a commentator as he was a player.

The TV spotters are the worst I've seen for doubles,may as well spin the camera 360 each time

And Dan the BBC fella
    Also as mentioned above the camerawork is all over the shop

The whole thing is a shambles. Thank God the BBC didn't get a proper week long major. I do like the trophy tho. Peter wright going for bull t7 bull was thing of beauty so close

Commentator just said will MVG go for the big fish here? Anderson was on 90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That Dan fella works for the PDC, does all the comms and interviews for the streaming channel

Advertisement