Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Autumn 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

snowgal wrote: »
    jayzus, the rain and wind in Meath just now!! :eek:out of nowhere it came!

crazy heavy rain here at Dunshaughlin now as well, the sort of shower that my father would call 'a cloudburst'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some awful squally showers today in Castlebar over 15mm of rain and a max gust of 74 km/hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Sun and showers...Galway...I see they have solved the problem of climate change by making more money from it :pac:...I hope everyone that went out marching to save the planet got the extra taxes they wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Prolonged heavy showers in Letterkenny, horrible evening, a real late autumn feel and the first time I felt like I could have used my winter jacket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Decent few days in Cork for the start of October, some heavy quick showers but you'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Decent few days in Cork for the start of October, some heavy quick showers but you'll take it.
    A succession fan I see ;)

Touch site is acting up,I had to go to the full site to see that post above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Mammatus clouds just visible on the outer edges of this beauty after passing over Galway city.

Moderate showers in Arklow at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sunshine and a brisk breeze just starting, with showers threatening constantly but never developing. North Louth. Out on the bay this morning and the sea was very calm.

Edit. And, as I press post, the wind whips up and squalls of rain finally hit.

Still reasonably mild @ 13.2c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy shower here at Dunshaughlin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gonzo wrote: »
    heavy shower here at Dunshaughlin.

Ditto here in Kildare now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Had 1 heavy shower today, didnt last long, about a couple of minutes, managed to get the grass cut and hopefully that should be it for the year

Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some nice bolts of lightning from the showers out west here at the moment. Several places in Westport/Louisberg without power

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Poor oul Pádraic bracing himself for another blast of drizzle earlier.
    KagYaR9.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Heavy showers all day in Cork City, strong enough breeze too at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Grand day here in meath since the rain cleared, has been dry and very breezy, theres great drying as the mother says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Its windier now than it was during the so called storm...I wonder will it be on RTE news:rolleyes: The big breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Bucketing down in Kildare

Very Fast Passing Heavy showers in Arklow,wind gusting to 50kmh
    Current rain rate 61.5mm/hr
    3.2mm so far
    Currently 14.3c
    Max today of 16.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Another [Mod Snip ] evening in blessington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Very windy in greater dublin here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Avoided much of the showers today, just an odd side swipe giving the AWS a 0.4mm total.
    Maxed at 17c during a nice early afternoon sunny break. Breezy throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Horrible morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

ZX7R wrote: »
    Horrible morning

Just woken up south Dublin, same here.

May see rainfall warnings come into place for later tonight / tomorrow as an area of low pressure comes up over the country

"Tonight

Dry for a time tonight with variable cloud. Mist and shallow fog patches too. Later on in the night intense heavy thundery rain will move up from the south. Most of this will affect Munster with high volumes expected, leading to localised flooding. Lowest temperatures of 3 to 7 degrees, in moderate to fresh southeast breezes.

Tomorrow

Persistent, sometimes thundery rain will move up into other areas on Monday with the potential for some high volumes and localised flooding. The heaviest of the rainfall is likely across the western half of the country through the first half of the day, with the eastern half of Ireland seeing the heaviest of it later in the evening. Highest temperatures 10 to 14 degrees. Winds will be mostly moderate easterly, though they will be brisk up along south and east coasts."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Yeah I just came in to mention it. Been a while since some words in that forecast have been used. Lots of rain overnight to soften things up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think that heavy rainfall is already here in Dublin. It's none stop for last few hours.

In botanical gardens yesterday + it was glorious. Everyone was out enjoying the autumn sunshine + trees were beautiful.

That's Ireland for you such a contrast in two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah, yesterday was really nice in Dublin with the odd shower later in the afternoon. Was out in St. Anne's Park enjoying it. To be fair, the past week hadn't been that bad with good sunshine on numerous days and a fiery sunset on Friday night.

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Munster, Connacht, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly and Westmeath

Heavy rainfall will occur during the period indicated with the potential for heavy downpours locally and during shorter intervals. There is potential for flooding on already saturated or waterlogged grounds.

Valid: Sunday 13 October 2019 18:00 to Monday 14 October 2019 23:59

• Advertisement

Absolutely lashing in Louth, ground really saturated ...........rivers very high..........and more to come.

Advertisement