Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What boardsies would you bring back?

• 12-08-2019 7:59pm

I liked it when Terry was in charge here.

I don't know what happened to Biggles, but I'd bring him back to find out who his celebrity friend was. (it was Willie O'Dea)

Never understood the Face Kicker thing but seems like a popular guy.

I'd bring back KikiLaRue for sure, but I heard someone on the Luas earlier said she's coming to the boards beers.

Let's not b1tch about people who aren't here to defend themselves, which would be unfair -- who do you miss around here from yore or from yesteryear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'd bring back KikiLaRue for sure, but I heard someone on the Luas earlier said she's coming to the boards beers.

How come she was banned?

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    How come she was banned?
    Come to the beers and ask her. Probably worth mentioning that she didn't do anything awful (or even wrong, if you ask me), her account is gone because she closed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

Jimmy Gutherty

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

On the luas? Randomly somebody mentioned that KikiLaRue was banned but she’s definitely coming to the beers?

There’s more talk about this place than I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Flutterinbantam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

If KikiLaRue was banned, that’s insane. Good and polite poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'd bring back KikiLaRue for sure,

Is that not just Kikilarue2?

I'm a fan of Whoopsie, so I'd have her back in a heartbeat!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Permabear - With his absolutely 100% totally real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

deco nate

• Advertisement

The old thunderdome regulars....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

banie01 wrote: »
    Is that not just Kikilarue2?

It says shes banned, i went looking for her because she was usually in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD that popped up, i wonder what she said

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I'd bring back bucketybuck. I saw he posts regularly on another forum, The Straight Dope but got banned from there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Arghus wrote: »
    Permabear - With his absolutely 100% totally real life.

I can't remember the guy's name, but there was a lad who useta post over on the military forum who was a Walt of the highest calibre!

Useta post from "secret" locations and all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thought she was a good contributor myself: well able to defend her point of view, without it getting malicious. Then I saw she was banned. Seemed very strange, but, what do I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Too many to list, though I'm sure a few are still around with new usernames

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I can't remember the guy's name, but there was a lad who useta post over on the military forum who was a Walt of the highest calibre!

Ahhhh

Investment. An alter ego of a regular poster too

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I liked it when Terry was in charge here.
    He seemed a bit unhinged at times, but that's probably because he was drunk most of the time.
    Never understood the Face Kicker thing but seems like a popular guy.
    Honestly, I thought that was one of the funniest things ever.
    That was me. We're in contact all the time.
    Let's not b1tch about people who aren't here to defend themselves, which would be unfair -- who do you miss around here from yore or from yesteryear?

No, I think we should bitch about Terry. At times he was a dick for no apparent reason.
    Remember that time he banned someone for saying "Macbeth"? WTF was that all about?
    Seriously. It was really fúcking pointless.

I never understood his moderating style. One day he'd ban someone for insulting someone else, and the next day he'd let something like that go.
    That man needs help, wherever he is these days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Bring back The King of Moo, a funny and wise poster, I remember laughing hysterically at this reply.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72295952&postcount=10

It says shes banned, i went looking for her because she was usually in EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD that popped up, i wonder what she said
    There was a ban but it wasn't as serious as a permaban, or anything like that. If you close your account in those circumstances, your profile seemingly says Banned instead of 'closed account'. Also, maybe let's not have a go at someone who isn't here to defend themselves. I'm sure you could have done so when she was in a position to reply.

Do you have a boardsie you'd like to bring back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Fúck. I forgot to log out of the Terry. account.
    That post wasn't by Terry. I hacked his account years ago, and have been using it periodically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

RMAOK wrote: »
    Flutterinbantam
    He’s closer than you think ;)

Terry wrote: »
    Fúck. I forgot to log out of the Terry. account.
    That post wasn't by Terry. I hacked his account years ago, and have been using it periodically.

What is going on?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

is everyone a re reg around here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Terry. That’s what’s going on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

bluewolf wrote: »
    is everyone a re reg around here

Yes Bluey :)

Anything but. Pedantic and stroppy. Always had to have the final word.

FFred wrote: »
    He’s closer than you think ;)

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Investment

I’d like to see back:

Dudess
    YellowFeather
    Hondasam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kinda liked Javaboy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement