Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

23 gauge & 30 gauge PVC kayak???

Options
  • 04-03-2005 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am in the market for a starter inflatable Kayak. I'm only gonna use it at lakes and the local harbors. I need to know that a kayak with 30 gauge PVC bottom and 23 gauge PVC top is enough for general floating around. I probably have the numbers switched, but the add said 23 top and 30 bottom. The main question is what is thicker 30 gauge PVC or 23 gauge PVC? I would think 23 gauge is thicker based on gauging of wire. When dealing with wire, the smaller the gauge the thicker. Am I on the right tract? And would a inflatable kayak with that gauge be OK with light fishing in lakes and harbors?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 radio_earbug

I have realized that this is a serious boating forum and not for receation. Thanks for the patience and happy swells!!! Maybe some day I'll be able to share some sailing stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

It's not too serious, we all get the same feeling out on the water, I know from experience.. You're right, the smaller the number for gauge, the thicker it is. I'd say for general floating around, anything would be grand. You're not gonna be slamming off rocks in a harbour compared to rocks in a white water river.

Advertisement