Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Salvage Yards/Antique shops

• 13-06-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hey,

Does anyone know where in Waterford City or surrounds I could go to find old items such as boxes/chests/furniture/bric a brac? We're trying to furnish a house by restoring/repurposing old items instead of buying new - we figure its cheaper and fun to do than picking up everything in Harvey Normans or wherever and paying through the nose.
    I've found lots of great ideas on Etsy etc, and I've plenty of space to work, and if I pick up the stuff cheaply, then I won't mind if I make a few mistakes to start off with!

Cheers,

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

nothing cheap in that place Stig

Max Powers wrote: »
    nothing cheap in that place Stig

Really? i just Googled salvage yards south east ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Is there not another place around the Kilcohan direction ?

Big Lar wrote: »
    Is there not another place around the Kilcohan direction ?
    The Salvage Shop out past St John's Park? thought that place closed down now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

The only antique shop that I know of is on William Street (towards the park)
    Don't think it's all that cheap though :L

Also, try Jumbletown.ie, I got a lovely couch on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

Yeah the place in Gorey looks a little too "finished" for me - I think there might be place out past the petrol station on the Newtown road towards Ardkeen?
    Thanks for the other suggestions, will check them out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

the salvage yard is worth a look, last time i was out there it had loads of cheap furniture for doing up. Its Charlies now not the salvage yard anymore, well at least it was about a month ago....

foghlu wrote: »
    the salvage yard is worth a look, last time i was out there it had loads of cheap furniture for doing up. Its Charlies now not the salvage yard anymore, well at least it was about a month ago....

So it still going so?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Yeah it was last time I was over there, but its Charlie's now. The same guy that used to have second hand furniture store in town

• Advertisement
Advertisement