Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-07-2020, 22:02   #916
JohnnyChimpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat14 View Post
anyone thinking of waiting for the avantcard 2% mortgages
why would you bother waiting? you can get a 2.9% 1 year fix off BOI (less effective rate with cashback factored in), and then switch to avantcard, if available, surely?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 10:26   #917
thekingof60

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChimpo View Post
why would you bother waiting? you can get a 2.9% 1 year fix off BOI (less effective rate with cashback factored in), and then switch to avantcard, if available, surely?
From talking to a broker involved in the avantcard trial it sounds like their trial will commence in about 4 months. Although given the current enviroment could see them delay.

Has anyone any recent experience with applying to PTSB and the timeline its taken to get approval?
01-08-2020, 10:29   #918
WeeCuppaCha

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat14 View Post
just curious how u got them to 2.45 on website seem to be showing 3.15%

any help appreciated!
I’m a second time buyer. I think it’s because my intended LTV is 70/30. Not fully sure though, it’s just the rate they quoted me.
01-08-2020, 10:31   #919
ebayissues

Did Ptsb not come out and say they're reducing mortgage rates as well? I've an AIP for 250k at a APRC rate of 2.9%
01-08-2020, 11:23   #920
pooch90

Is anybody using Mortgage 123 as a broker?
After initial contact with them at the start of July I've been very disappointed. A week to reply to emails, questions left unanswered. I sent in our documentation and application form for AIP 3 days ago and not even an acknowledgement of receipt.
I dunno if I'm being unreasonable but its just disheartening to not hear back from the people who are meant to advocate for you
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 11:40   #921
Chinese whospers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikozma View Post
Are they gonna be doing mortgages? They rang me during the week ad offered me a €10,000 loan which I don't need but I'd take a mortgage if they are offering��
I thought that practice had to stop.

I'm AIP (switcher) with KBC, but will be waiting for Avant Money. As to why wait, it would cost approx €1,400 to get the conveyancing done. Plus the bloody hassle.
01-08-2020, 13:28   #922
DubLad69

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch90 View Post
After initial contact with them at the start of July I've been very disappointed. A week to reply to emails, questions left unanswered. I sent in our documentation and application form for AIP 3 days ago and not even an acknowledgement of receipt.
I dunno if I'm being unreasonable but its just disheartening to not hear back from the people who are meant to advocate for you
I found them great so far, did you let them know that you aren't happy with them? I'd say let your broker know and if it doesn't improve then find another broker or let a manager know.
01-08-2020, 13:46   #923
pooch90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubLad69 View Post
I found them great so far, did you let them know that you aren't happy with them? I'd say let your broker know and if it doesn't improve then find another broker or let a manager know.
If I haven't heard anything by close of business Tuesday then I'll do that i think.
Like all I've had of substance from them is a ten minute phone call after two weeks of feck all.
01-08-2020, 14:29   #924
Monitor1985

Quote:
I'm going through them at the moment, there is 2 ladies working there that are fantastic, but the lad I got lumped with is unenthusiastic.

My main issue with him(one of many) is, since March I've told him I've no passport or driving licence, will my garda ID do?

He said yes as I'm a secondary applicant, which was great.

Sent all the final paperwork over on the 17th of July, which was a Friday. Left it go Monday, Tuesday and I said I'd message on Wednesday for an update.

He emailed me back as calm as can be saying, as stated before the bank will need a copy of your passport in order to move forward.

I was livid. I applied for one that day, Luckily it arrived Tuesday just gone,I sent it over, he acknowledged it, I asked some questions, haven't heard from him since, I've been emailing him every day.
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 14:32   #925
into_the_wild

Quote:
They've been great for us so far. Prompt quick replies and quite professional actually
01-08-2020, 14:39   #926
pooch90

Thanks for the replies, seems to be a variety of recent experiences. Like the lady we are dealing with seems very nice but God a quick "got your application, will have a look and get back to you" wouldn't kill her!
01-08-2020, 17:32   #927
gman112

Any first time buyers struggling with application on covid subsidy ?
I got approval in principal as a single applicant but because my partners salary was subsides it was not counted. We are now 14.5k (or 4.2k income) short from reaching the 70% LVT and can't qualify for help to buy.
Interested in hearing if there's any applicants in similar situations that got approved and what bank / broker did you deal with?
02-08-2020, 12:35   #928
Aurelian

Can a bank find out if you have another account elsewhere that you dont mention during your mortgage application?
(2) thanks from:
02-08-2020, 13:16   #929
BaguMka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
Can a bank find out if you have another account elsewhere that you dont mention during your mortgage application?
No the banks dont carry out this check and if they were they wouldn't be able to get this info due data protection.

The only way they can see something on your current bank statement if you have any linked transactions between the accounts

Last edited by BaguMka; 02-08-2020 at 13:19.
02-08-2020, 14:25   #930
true-or-false

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelian View Post
This was covered on the forum somewhere recently. The bank should be asking you to declare all your accounts. There's no case of just 'don't mention'. It's either telling the truth or lying.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion