Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2020, 18:57   #61
One of the greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monasterevin Bush View Post
Out of interest, what part of Parklands have you got booked?
Hi MB,

Booked PP the houses that back onto the Saggart Luas stop.

What about yourself?
Advertisement
20-05-2020, 09:11   #62
chevra13i

The houses look built for the most part down as far as Parklands Green, some of the roofing needs finishing but other than that from the outside they're looking complete.

I'm sure there's a load of wiring and other internal stuff that needs doing but maybe being in before the end of 2020 isn't too unrealistic.
20-05-2020, 11:28   #63
One of the greats

Hi All,

Has anyone got any update.

I was ringing H&M this morning but could not get them on phone.
20-05-2020, 11:51   #64
thegoodword

Quote:
Originally Posted by One of the greats View Post
Hi All,

Hi OOTG,
-H&M aren't back on site yet, and said they won't be in a position to host viewings until June 8th at minimum.
-When they do hold viewings, it will likely be a closed site for a day or so and you will only view your house type rather than your house.
-They haven't put pressure on construction workers and won't until next week as this week has restricted levels of staff to set up social distancing compliance.
-Was a bit shady about what work had been done from early May until now, and that it was generally week on week off due to restrictions.
-Agreed that the roads aren't started yet and will rely mostly on ESB/Water for final delivery.
-Hoping to push for original snag dates or at least near to (We were quoted July/August originally in March)

Also, we have actually peeked into the site since it has opened as we're closeby and can say on confidence that the nearer houses in the first couple rows are well towards completion. The Exterior is completed, doors, bathrooms, even kitchens look fitted and wired.
20-05-2020, 11:56   #65
Monasterevin Bush

Quote:
Hi MB,

Booked PP the houses that back onto the Saggart Luas stop.

What about yourself?
Same, if you're talking about the nearest row to the showrooms we have ours booked there. Handy in that you can see it from the Digital Viewing and the exterior looks done
Advertisement
20-05-2020, 12:08   #66
One of the greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monasterevin Bush View Post
Same, if you're talking about the nearest row to the showrooms we have ours booked there. Handy in that you can see it from the Digital Viewing and the exterior looks done

Yes I spotted that myself, I can see my house from the window of the showhouse.......
20-05-2020, 12:10   #67
One of the greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodword View Post
Hi OOTG,
-H&M aren't back on site yet, and said they won't be in a position to host viewings until June 8th at minimum.
-When they do hold viewings, it will likely be a closed site for a day or so and you will only view your house type rather than your house.
-They haven't put pressure on construction workers and won't until next week as this week has restricted levels of staff to set up social distancing compliance.
-Was a bit shady about what work had been done from early May until now, and that it was generally week on week off due to restrictions.
-Agreed that the roads aren't started yet and will rely mostly on ESB/Water for final delivery.
-Hoping to push for original snag dates or at least near to (We were quoted July/August originally in March)

Also, we have actually peeked into the site since it has opened as we're closeby and can say on confidence that the nearer houses in the first couple rows are well towards completion. The Exterior is completed, doors, bathrooms, even kitchens look fitted and wired.

Hi,

I have been the house I put a deposit on and its complete the lastg time I was there they were finishing off the external wall.

The roads and paths will not take long, So looks like we are the mercy of Irish water and ESB........
21-05-2020, 12:46   #68
salonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by moahmed View Post

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.
Why are you thinking of buying a house not suited to your future needs re. parking?
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2020, 13:52   #69
moahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonfire View Post
Why are you thinking of buying a house not suited to your future needs re. parking?
all the new houses are coming with only one parking space as far as I know, and to be honest the house location is ideal for us. I'm not really keen to go for second hand houses as I want to take advantage of the first time buyer scheme.
Advertisement
21-05-2020, 13:58   #70
Caranica

Buying in a development that only has one parking space when you have multiple vehicles is absolutely a recipe for disaster. You'll be signing a legal document confirming you only have one space while intending to breach that undertaking immediately. I know so many developments where parking issues are the source of so many problems and disputes.
(2) thanks from:
21-05-2020, 14:02   #71
moahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
Buying in a development that only has one parking space when you have multiple vehicles is absolutely a recipe for disaster. You'll be signing a legal document confirming you only have one space while intending to breach that undertaking immediately. I know so many developments where parking issues are the source of so many problems and disputes.
I totally agree with you, but I guess it will be the same with all new houses
21-05-2020, 14:50   #72
Muahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by moahmed View Post

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.

they also still have no idea when they will allow showing again, but hopefully will be in the next 2 weeks.

The problem is other people in the development with 2 cars are going to be thinking exactly the same thing as you are -ah sure we will just park in the visitors spaces' and then a situation arises where no visitors can park there because all the spaces are full. That then pisses off people with only one car and they complain to the management company who then introduce clamping. And trust me these clampers are very efficient, in my last development they used to show up at 2 in the morning and clamp up to 8-10 cars a go.

If you have 2 cars you need to think now where are you going to park the second one outside of the development. You might get away with parking in a visitors spot for 6 months or even a year. But at some stage that will be shutdown and you're left with a parking problem for the second car. So you should be looking at the area now and figuring that out- can you park out on the roads or is there double yellow lines? Citywest Shopping Centre is not an option because there is clamping there too.
(3) thanks from:
21-05-2020, 21:15   #73
Monasterevin Bush

Quote:
Hi All,

Hey OOTG, did you hear anything back?
25-05-2020, 10:11   #74
chevra13i

Anyone having luck with H&M? I tried a couple times this morning and no answer.
25-05-2020, 11:12   #75
thegoodword

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevra13i View Post
Anyone having luck with H&M? I tried a couple times this morning and no answer.
Haven't been onto them, sorry. Am expecting to get an update from them this week on what the site status is.

Separately, speaking as a FTB new to the process, can anybody share the process of asking special requests from the builders/electricians? For instance, I want to see if I can get a power supply ran out to the back garden (additionally to the external power output on the wall) for a shed. Also was looking to see if they could put up a basic structure for a kitchen island in the type 3 house. When I asked H&M they were unresponsive but wondering if it's common to contact the developers directly or ask the site manager when snagging?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion