Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
20-03-2020, 13:47   #46
chevra13i
Registered User
 
chevra13i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
Our solicitors emailed yesterday to say they'd sent queries through to the vendor's solicitors on Feb 12th and still haven't heard back.

I can tell this won't be a particularly efficient process. I doubt the current situation is helping either.
chevra13i is offline  
Advertisement
30-03-2020, 14:34   #47
Jess2019
Registered User
 
Jess2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 41
We decided not to proceed with purchasing the property in Parklands based on the advice of our solicitor. Our solicitor had just received documents from the developer's solicitor last week and then advised us not to proceed right now based on the covid 19 situation. It's way too much of a risk to take.
Jess2019 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-03-2020, 19:48   #48
Yellow_Fern
Registered User
 
Yellow_Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess2019 View Post
We decided not to proceed with purchasing the property in Parklands based on the advice of our solicitor. Our solicitor had just received documents from the developer's solicitor last week and then advised us not to proceed right now based on the covid 19 situation. It's way too much of a risk to take.
Understandable. I don't know a lot about the topic but I doubt new builds could drop hugely in price but you might see this with second hand homes.
Yellow_Fern is offline  
31-03-2020, 10:39   #49
chevra13i
Registered User
 
chevra13i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
I'm hoping they take another while to get back to our solicitors so we can see how this all plays out as long as possible.

I don't want to cancel the process but at the same time I'd be sick if we paid the January asking price and then everything dropped 10-20%
chevra13i is offline  
03-04-2020, 15:43   #50
Jess2019
Registered User
 
Jess2019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 41
I'll just share my solicitor's advice in case it helps anyone else.
Our solicitor said house prices could drop by 50k in the new few months (not sure if he included new builds in this, but it is a possibility). He said the developer could go bust, and we could end up living in a ghost estate or the local authority could take over the remaining properties.
Our solicitor was not happy with the property management company being involved in the first place or the parking situation. He found out we had 1 parking space.
So to him, he thought it was a no brainer to get our deposit back. Which we did. H&M refunded it straight away. We were sad as we had our heart set on this house, but for us, it was just too risky.
Best of luck to everyone else who goes ahead with the purchase.
Jess2019 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-04-2020, 17:17   #51
Yellow_Fern
Registered User
 
Yellow_Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 870
I was looking at the house some ago in person. They are timberframed. Seem to be fairly decent build quality but I dont know how to assess this with timberframed. I noticed that the joists ran into the party wall. Not sure if that is normal or abnormal and how sound transfers is mitigated.
Yellow_Fern is offline  
08-04-2020, 23:33   #52
thepolymath
Registered User
 
thepolymath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Even we have asked our Solicitor to put everything on hold and are waiting to see what happens next.
thepolymath is offline  
06-05-2020, 14:24   #53
Monasterevin Bush
Registered User
 
Monasterevin Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Hi All! Glad to find a thread for this. Has anybody made progress during what's happening?

We have contracts issued for a type 3. We love the layout and are most likely going ahead even with the pandemic. Our main priority now is getting a realistic status on the delivery and getting to see our hold. I heard as recent today that the builders are back on the site and H&M are hoping to get back in on May 18th.

In terms of a delivery date, we were quoted late July/Early Sept but that was at the beginning of the lockdown but keep in mind we're one of the closest streets to the luas which they seem to be working on first.
Monasterevin Bush is offline  
06-05-2020, 16:52   #54
chevra13i
Registered User
 
chevra13i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 35
I think we're also going to go ahead with our purchase of a Type 4, we've had the contracts for a while but haven't had anyone chasing us to sign them. At the end of the day we really like the house and intend to live in it for the long term; I'm not sure new builds are going to come down in price a whole lot anyway.

We were told late summer for ours, obviously with the delay I'd expect it to be sometime in 2021 now.

Where did you hear that the builders are already back working? Most of the houses at the Luas end of the site look to be built, I'd say it's all interior work that's left to be done and then the roads being laid etc.
chevra13i is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2020, 17:32   #55
Monasterevin Bush
Registered User
 
Monasterevin Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevra13i View Post
I think we're also going to go ahead with our purchase of a Type 4, we've had the contracts for a while but haven't had anyone chasing us to sign them. At the end of the day we really like the house and intend to live in it for the long term; I'm not sure new builds are going to come down in price a whole lot anyway.

We were told late summer for ours, obviously with the delay I'd expect it to be sometime in 2021 now.

Where did you hear that the builders are already back working? Most of the houses at the Luas end of the site look to be built, I'd say it's all interior work that's left to be done and then the roads being laid etc.
I've been hoping to avoid 2021 delivery, but the odds are against us. Same, I think it'd be a different story if it was a second hand. New build costs remain largely the same I suspect. I hate this waiting game!

I heard directly from an agent today that the builders were back on site but that H&M were unsure when they'd be back.
Monasterevin Bush is offline  
18-05-2020, 13:20   #56
moahmed
Registered User
 
moahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Hi, it' really great to see this thread. we put the initial deposit on the 3 bedroom type 1 house, which we haven't seen yet. H&M agent said we might be able to see the show house in 2-3 weeks time, also the builders are back working today but not on full capacity. we loved the house layout and we have our hearts on it, so hopefully the actual build will be the same. we still have some doubts regarding buying house during this situation as most of you already mentioned prices are expected to go down by 20-30%.

we are also concerned about the parking space, at the moment we have only one car but we are planning to buy another one in the future and honestly I'm scared from what you guys mentioned about the parking space fights and clamping. Also we have a concern regards the social housing and asked our solicitor but he told us there is no way to know where they will be.

we have been the told that the house is already built but the still need to build the external area (garden, foot path, parking, etc ), and they said the house might be ready for snagging in a couple of months so maybe August.

Now my solicitor is asking us to sign the contract and put the full deposit, but we told him that we still haven't neither seen the house nor the show house and he advised to contact the builders but they said it won't be possible to see the show house now due to the current situation.

we are in a big doubts now tbh and it looks like a hard decision to take (go a head or pull down).

has anyone got any update? or anyone has any information about the area? is it safe and the neighbors are good?
moahmed is offline  
18-05-2020, 16:46   #57
One of the greats
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Hi All,

Great to see this post.

We have paid a booking deposit and before COVID-19 where told that house be ready to snag after Easter.

I have a had many a phone call with H&M and they tell me the same thing every time is that the ESB and water connection will delay us moving into the house. Construction started back on Parklands on May 5th.

H&M told me they are pushing the developer to provide them with snag dates for the each house and are hopefully of an update this week. H&M also told me they are not chasing anyone for the second deposit at the minute due to the current situation.

There is about 30-40 house that look ready to be moved into once water/electricity is connected so surely its in the developers interest to generate cash flow

My solicitor mentioned in the region of 1K for management fees but needs to confirm and what services it covers, usually bins and upkeep of the estate.

In relation to parking spaces hopefully some common sense can prevail not always easy but.
One of the greats is offline  
18-05-2020, 16:57   #58
Yellow_Fern
Registered User
 
Yellow_Fern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 870
I don't know Dublin very well but that area is mostly ok. You do get some some car break in and a lot of bike thefts. It would be great to do a lost wallet experiment. Scatter some wallets in different parts of Dublin with addresses in side and see which neighbours hoods return them.
Yellow_Fern is offline  
18-05-2020, 17:38   #59
moahmed
Registered User
 
moahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
I have been told that construction is back today 18th May, I have got the management estimates from my solicitor. in case it's any helpful, the mgt fees are from €512 to €620 for year 1 depends on the house type and will decrease every year, my house is type 1 so I will pay €512 for year 1.

I have spoken to H&M again today regards the parking spaces, and they told me that it's 1 parking space for each house. I also asked if I can park in the visitors spots permanently will I get clamped, and they said it might happens if the mgt company got a lot of complains from neighbors. generally, you will be able to park in any visitor space till they decide to bring clamping operations.

they also still have no idea when they will allow showing again, but hopefully will be in the next 2 weeks.
moahmed is offline  
18-05-2020, 18:42   #60
Monasterevin Bush
Registered User
 
Monasterevin Bush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by One of the greats View Post
Hi All,

Great to see this post.

We have paid a booking deposit and before COVID-19 where told that house be ready to snag after Easter.

I have a had many a phone call with H&M and they tell me the same thing every time is that the ESB and water connection will delay us moving into the house. Construction started back on Parklands on May 5th.

H&M told me they are pushing the developer to provide them with snag dates for the each house and are hopefully of an update this week. H&M also told me they are not chasing anyone for the second deposit at the minute due to the current situation.

There is about 30-40 house that look ready to be moved into once water/electricity is connected so surely its in the developers interest to generate cash flow

My solicitor mentioned in the region of 1K for management fees but needs to confirm and what services it covers, usually bins and upkeep of the estate.

In relation to parking spaces hopefully some common sense can prevail not always easy but.
Out of interest, what part of Parklands have you got booked?
Monasterevin Bush is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet