Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-05-2020, 22:48   #46
L1011
Moderator
 
L1011's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbulldogg1983 View Post
Just wanted to note that no nosey neighbours have posted anything in months.

Just putting this here as a little benchmark.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back during rainy season again :-)

Also looking forward to really heavy rainfall to prove that the estate is still as safe as it always was and as it was designed to be ;-)
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
L1011 is offline  
Advertisement
14-05-2020, 13:53   #47
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azizur Rahman View Post
Quick question folks, when people moved in, did you have to get an engineer out to hook up broadband?
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
Thanks from:
22-05-2020, 11:54   #48
super_sweeney
Registered User
 
super_sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Originally we were told by virgin that we could just plug the box in, then we were told we had to get and engineer from virgin to get the box set up.
They attempted to charge us for it, but waived the fees considering the house should have been set up for virgin already.
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
super_sweeney is offline  
22-05-2020, 19:11   #49
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_sweeney View Post
Yeah that seems crazy, any house I have lived in as of the last 10 yeas. Virgin box is posted out and i plugged it in and good to go. if thats not the case then for me thats up to virgin to sort out.

Personally and this is only my personal view I would not be paying for someone to come out and setup the service they are providing and I am already paying for. I wouldn't buy a new car and then the dealers charge me to show me how to start it? maybe a simplistic view but just my view
The exact way we argued the fee, so they waived it. We were like we’d go with sky if we had to pay the fee. It’s extortion really, give us no alternative and then charge. Luckily now sky and eir is available in the estate (or so that say!)
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
Thanks from:
23-05-2020, 00:50   #50
marieholmfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1011 View Post
This post is outright trolling - do not post in this thread again
Thanks L1011
marieholmfan is offline  
Advertisement
23-05-2020, 13:35   #51
Azizur Rahman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 43
Thanks for the information folks ðŸ‘
Azizur Rahman is offline  
09-06-2020, 20:47   #52
Rock77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 872
Hi all,

Myself and the wife have been in touch with the EA regarding the Alder tree 3 bed semi in Millerstown. Does anyone here live in one of these? Are they as nice as they look in the photo’s?

Also to anyone that lives there, flooding? I’ve seen a few pics but how bad is it and insurance wise was it ok?

Thanks
Rock77 is offline  
09-06-2020, 20:52   #53
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
Hi all,

Myself and the wife have been in touch with the EA regarding the Alder tree 3 bed semi in Millerstown. Does anyone here live in one of these? Are they as nice as they look in the photo’s?

Also to anyone that lives there, flooding? I’ve seen a few pics but how bad is it and insurance wise was it ok?

Thanks
I’m in a birch myself, but the alders are lovely! Downstairs area has a sitting room and a kitchen with room for a small second seating area. It’s lovely! The sitting room and master won me over for the birch however.

No problem getting insurance with flood cover. I had mine the day I applied
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
Thanks from:
09-06-2020, 21:00   #54
Rock77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
I’m in a birch myself, but the alders are lovely! Downstairs area has a sitting room and a kitchen with room for a small second seating area. It’s lovely! The sitting room and master won me over for the birch however.

No problem getting insurance with flood cover. I had mine the day I applied
Great, and you like the area? There’s no fireplace? The missus thinks that’s weird!!
Rock77 is offline  
Advertisement
09-06-2020, 22:10   #55
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
Great, and you like the area? There’s no fireplace? The missus thinks that’s weird!!
Th area is lovely, we can walk in lovely green areas without having to leave the estate, and the canal at your doorstep is such a bonus!

No fireplaces no, but to be honest we don’t even miss it now, is amazing how much space they take up, and the house is so quiet inside as there is nowhere for wind to come in! We’re right by the building site and you barely notice most of the noise.

I know some residents here have put in electric fireplaces, but we honestly won’t bother, we don’t even notice!

Even with the heat off, we sit consistently at 22/23 inside temperature, so warm and cosy!

FYI, all A rated houses down have fireplaces AFAIK, can’t be A rated with a fireplace as wind and cold can get in that way, and it’s not air tight
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
Thanks from:
09-06-2020, 22:45   #56
Rock77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Th area is lovely, we can walk in lovely green areas without having to leave the estate, and the canal at your doorstep is such a bonus!

No fireplaces no, but to be honest we don’t even miss it now, is amazing how much space they take up, and the house is so quiet inside as there is nowhere for wind to come in! We’re right by the building site and you barely notice most of the noise.

I know some residents here have put in electric fireplaces, but we honestly won’t bother, we don’t even notice!

Even with the heat off, we sit consistently at 22/23 inside temperature, so warm and cosy!

FYI, all A rated houses down have fireplaces AFAIK, can’t be A rated with a fireplace as wind and cold can get in that way, and it’s not air tight
Great, thanks a million. Hopefully we can get a viewing soon...
Rock77 is offline  
09-06-2020, 23:32   #57
social butterfly 2020
Registered User
 
social butterfly 2020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Th area is lovely, we can walk in lovely green areas without having to leave the estate, and the canal at your doorstep is such a bonus!

No fireplaces no, but to be honest we don’t even miss it now, is amazing how much space they take up, and the house is so quiet inside as there is nowhere for wind to come in! We’re right by the building site and you barely notice most of the noise.

I know some residents here have put in electric fireplaces, but we honestly won’t bother, we don’t even notice!

Even with the heat off, we sit consistently at 22/23 inside temperature, so warm and cosy!

FYI, all A rated houses down have fireplaces AFAIK, can’t be A rated with a fireplace as wind and cold can get in that way, and it’s not air tight

You can get houses with wood burning stoves that come with an a3 rating. You are correct about the fireplaces and BER however, it proper drags down the rating as it's not energy efficient. Did millerstown come with gas or the heat pumps?.
social butterfly 2020 is offline  
10-06-2020, 10:21   #58
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by social butterfly 2020 View Post
You can get houses with wood burning stoves that come with an a3 rating. You are correct about the fireplaces and BER however, it proper drags down the rating as it's not energy efficient. Did millerstown come with gas or the heat pumps?.
We have gas heating, no heat pumps here. Have solar panels which run the water and electricity. There is no battery storage, so you use what you use really.

Our gas and electricity bill are crazy low though.
Because the house is A rated, heat comes on for an hour only during the summer, off when it’s really warm. And winter we have it on roughly 4 hours a day. House stays so warm, only downside is trying to keep it cool when it’s really warm!
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
10-06-2020, 10:22   #59
Jen Pigs Fly
Registered User
 
Jen Pigs Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock77 View Post
Great, thanks a million. Hopefully we can get a viewing soon...
Last weekend the estate agents were around the show homes, so maybe soon!
Jen Pigs Fly is offline  
10-06-2020, 13:02   #60
Rock77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen Pigs Fly View Post
Last weekend the estate agents were around the show homes, so maybe soon!
EA says they are open for viewings so trying to get in this weekend. She says the Alders are in the new phase due to finish in Sep.. is there building going on now?
Rock77 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet