Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-06-2020, 18:45   #91
MadamM20

Hello guys,

Another question, is anyone waiting still on contracts from H&M?
We paid the booking deposit for a house right at the time of lockdown and haven’t heard anything yet, neither our solicitor. I thought they would be slow because of lockdown but now I’m concerned they have sold the house to someone else.

Is any one else in the same situation?

Thanks!
Advertisement
24-06-2020, 18:58   #92
Dylan94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamM20 View Post
Hello guys,

Another question, is anyone waiting still on contracts from H&M?
We paid the booking deposit for a house right at the time of lockdown and haven’t heard anything yet, neither our solicitor. I thought they would be slow because of lockdown but now I’m concerned they have sold the house to someone else.

Is any one else in the same situation?

Thanks!
Did you try contact them?
24-06-2020, 20:50   #93
MadamM20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan94 View Post
Did you try contact them?
Not yet, as we need to sort some stuff like valuation etc. My broker said to wait for them to contact me, but I’m not sure what to do.
25-06-2020, 10:11   #94
kcv_dcm

Hi. They are very slow for some strange reason which I couldn't get it either. In our case, we continuously chased them ourselves directly contacting H&M and got the contracts to our Solicitor. Actually, it so happened that we booked in the pre-Covid months and they were very quick to send the contract. But we took sometime as were weren't sure which of the two houses we had in mind we should go with. We later changed our mind to go with other house and we informed them. Our Solicitor sent the contracts back and requested H&M to send new contract of the other house we were interested. They acknowledged. By that time Covid had struck. That is when the delays started. It took sometime for them to send the contract and finally we signed last week. I guess they will send the contract eventually. But you got to remind them and get in touch with them.
Thanks from:
14-07-2020, 16:33   #95
thegoodword

Hi all

Anyone get any solid updates from H&M yet? They are pushing back viewings regularly but are very selective with updates
Advertisement
15-07-2020, 10:21   #96
kcv_dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodword View Post
Hi all

Anyone get any solid updates from H&M yet? They are pushing back viewings regularly but are very selective with updates

Thats right. We too had the same experience. We asked them for some information on three occasions. But we received a response only for one! Very selective and slow.
Thanks from:
01-08-2020, 18:32   #97
RocioLS

Hi all,
On Monday I paid the deposit for one of the type 4 houses. After speaking with my solicitor, he told me that by law in new developments a number of house is allocated to "social house". Does anyone know how many houses are going to be used for social houses and where are they going to be? Looking at the map (brochure) I have doubts about what will be the area painted in purple near the creche, on the right near the Luas station (it appears outside Parklands and I can't see any information about what it can be, just numbers) do you think they are more apartments? I have asked H&M but it does not respond to that.
thank you in advance!!! Is going to be my first house and I´m very nervous!!
01-08-2020, 18:51   #98
Muahahaha

The law on social housing says the developer must offer 10% of a development to it. It can be higher than that if the council or housing agencies like Cluid decide to buy up stock. Generally though I think it is apartments that they are more interested in rather than houses.
Thanks from:
01-08-2020, 20:18   #99
kcv_dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocioLS View Post
Hi all,
On Monday I paid the deposit for one of the type 4 houses. After speaking with my solicitor, he told me that by law in new developments a number of house is allocated to "social house". Does anyone know how many houses are going to be used for social houses and where are they going to be? Looking at the map (brochure) I have doubts about what will be the area painted in purple near the creche, on the right near the Luas station (it appears outside Parklands and I can't see any information about what it can be, just numbers) do you think they are more apartments? I have asked H&M but it does not respond to that.
thank you in advance!!! Is going to be my first house and I´m very nervous!!

At present the law says 10%, although the new Housing Minister wants to increase to 20% (during FF tenure in the past it was 20%). I heard usually they are apartments. H&M told me the pink ones in the beginning are the apartments.

But honestly, there is a this huge misconception about social housing in Ireland. I work as a professor at a large university in Dublin. I am non-Irish and non-white. One of my closest colleague friend in our department grew up most of his life in social housing in Tallaght. We have a lot of Irish common friends (inside & outside University) who come from a well-to-do families. Ofcourse, I am not saying everything w.r.t social housing is great but somehow this fear about folks in social housing is, in my opinion, exaggerated.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 23:01   #100
Yellow_Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcv_dcm View Post
At present the law says 10%, although the new Housing Minister wants to increase to 20% (during FF tenure in the past it was 20%). I heard usually they are apartments. H&M told me the pink ones in the beginning are the apartments.

But honestly, there is a this huge misconception about social housing in Ireland. I work as a professor at a large university in Dublin. I am non-Irish and non-white. One of my closest colleague friend in our department grew up most of his life in social housing in Tallaght. We have a lot of Irish common friends (inside & outside University) who come from a well-to-do families. Ofcourse, I am not saying everything w.r.t social housing is great but somehow this fear about folks in social housing is, in my opinion, exaggerated.
Yes there is huge social mobility from poor neighbourhoods but there is a difference between social and non social. If you go to private housing or former social housing there is a huge difference in how the properties are looked after. In social housing estates there is such decay and they rarely bother with gardening. Same with crime. Most people in prisons are from lower socioeconomic groups.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion