Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-07-2020, 13:53   #16
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner leprauchan View Post
without consent i assume? If the landlord is happy with that arrangement theres no issues surely?
With consent you can do pretty much what you want. I've had tenants in the past that would let me know about something, get it fixed and deduct the money from the rent. I miss said tenants!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2020, 14:02   #17
beauf

Thats fine if they know what they are doing.
But they make an awful job of wiring, or painting and then look for way more than its worth in terms of a discount.
It might even cost you money to fix whatever they do.
30-07-2020, 15:37   #18
Samuel T. Cogley

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
Thats fine if they know what they are doing.
But they make an awful job of wiring, or painting and then look for way more than its worth in terms of a discount.
It might even cost you money to fix whatever they do.
Always done by a qualified trades person and receipts got etc. But I see where you're coming from.
30-07-2020, 17:29   #19
perfectkama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
With consent you can do pretty much what you want. I've had tenants in the past that would let me know about something, get it fixed and deduct the money from the rent. I miss said tenants!
If some works on your property you need to know they are insured in the event of an accident so as the landlord you must take charge
Thanks from:
30-07-2020, 19:42   #20
Third_Echelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy_ View Post
As we have baby now, we are anxious about health and safety conditions in this house and don't know what to do anymore. Of course, I have every single message and photo saved so we have evidence.

Where to start?? We called Threshold, they have sent us to City Council. At City Council they said they don't have nothing to do with it because we aren't in receipt of housing. Called Citizen Information, they have told us to contact Threshold again. What do you think?

Thank you
You need to move. This guys is never going to do the required work. If you are there over a year and nothing ever gets done, I see no evidence that it will ever get done. For the health of you and your new baby, bite the bullet and move. I know it will be difficult, but get it done.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2020, 23:51   #21
Niner leprauchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel T. Cogley View Post
So did I while I was abroad with work. Was just easier for us all with be being abroad to replace the dishwasher, etc themselves and deduct the cost. keep the receipt as well obviously.

was a little worried that I hadn't been by the book which I tried my best to be.
Thanks from:
31-07-2020, 13:05   #22
meijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadYaker View Post
You shouldn’t have moved in at all, and you should now move out.
it's easy to say, but if the choice is to take anything, or be homeless, many people choose not to be homeless
31-07-2020, 13:19   #23
perfectkama

OP how much is the rent per month?
31-07-2020, 13:22   #24
Graham

OP hasn't been back since their initial post over a week ago.
Advertisement
01-08-2020, 12:44   #25
crossmolinalad

We moved into a property (garden house, 2 bedroom) that's behind a apartment building in 1 year ago. When we first went to see property it was damaged real bad, but we had time and so we decided that we will do our best to renovate it. We spent our money and our time to make it nice

Most stupid thing to do its the landlords job to rent ou a house in a good state
Have rented a house myself in a bad state but had a deal with landlord for a cheaper rent for the first couple of years
I would fix the house for him/with him and he give us all of the materials we needed
Al put on contract

know another tenant who did the same as you did and after finishing the job they had to leave the house with not a cent or a thank you from their landlord
Never ever fix the crapp for someone else for nothing
01-08-2020, 13:49   #26
beauf

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossmolinalad View Post
We moved into a property (garden house, 2 bedroom) that's behind a apartment building in 1 year ago. When we first went to see property it was damaged real bad, but we had time and so we decided that we will do our best to renovate it. We spent our money and our time to make it nice

Most stupid thing to do its the landlords job to rent ou a house in a good state
Have rented a house myself in a bad state but had a deal with landlord for a cheaper rent for the first couple of years
I would fix the house for him/with him and he give us all of the materials we needed
Al put on contract

know another tenant who did the same as you did and after finishing the job they had to leave the house with not a cent or a thank you from their landlord
Never ever fix the crapp for someone else for nothing
Dont fix anything without prior agreement that's in writing. That's the important bit.
01-08-2020, 14:03   #27
Strumms

“When we first went to see property it was damaged real bad,“

If he had any intention or concern about fixing it, it would have been fixed before it was advertised and shown. The fact it was advertised and shown in this condition meant he didn’t and doesn’t give a shît. It was a seriously naive decision especially with a child to rent this property.

Would you buy a car with three wheels, broken aircon and a missing sunroof, all on the basis of being told by the mechanic... “ahhh give me the six grand now in a week I’ll have all the parts and I’ll be over to yours to fix “? You just wouldn’t. Learn from the experience and try get out of there.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion