Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-07-2020, 13:28   #2836
NM2020

yep, i am prepared for a long wait from reading this thread , it's clear its a long and stressful process! oh, fingers crossed for you!! would like to think you will be in after waiting so so long!
Advertisement
30-07-2020, 18:47   #2837
Dankarl

Hi,

We had to get our own engineers report.

He came back with an issue due to the boundary. Approx 1/2 a foot even less of an issue.

Does anyone know how to get original maps of the area and if they will allow us to purchase?

Dankarl
31-07-2020, 12:34   #2838
ComputerLab

Hi all,
a king of urgent question:
does anyone know if the additional child is born and the house address changed, do these changes of circumstances affect the provisional approval - will the council reject it and require to start from the scratch?
Many thanks!!!
31-07-2020, 14:45   #2839
BKWDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLab View Post
Hi all,
a king of urgent question:
does anyone know if the additional child is born and the house address changed, do these changes of circumstances affect the provisional approval - will the council reject it and require to start from the scratch?
Many thanks!!!

Firstly i assume you mean that your postal address where you live has changed?

I would be letting them know immnediately about your house address change as they may be sending you information in the post.

Once you have AIP these two things wont change it. But let them know about change of address
Thanks from:
31-07-2020, 20:09   #2840
Jess2019

Hi all, we had had to pull out of a house as my partner is on the PUP as he has been temporarily laid off since May. This meant could not drawn down. This was with PTSB.
We are now going to apply to rebuilding Ireland. I rang the council and they said to put in an application and said it could be based off my income only. I’m the first applicant as I earn more than him.
Has anyone had success with one income and a joint application?
To make things more confusing my partners job filled out his salary cert and said they expect him stay employed with them (even though he has no return to work date).
Any advice is much appreciated!

Last edited by Jess2019; 31-07-2020 at 20:21.
Advertisement
31-07-2020, 23:51   #2841
ComputerLab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKWDR View Post
Firstly i assume you mean that your postal address where you live has changed?

I would be letting them know immnediately about your house address change as they may be sending you information in the post.

Once you have AIP these two things wont change it. But let them know about change of address
Thanks a lot for the answer! I also asked this council and they said this does not change circumstances.
Thanks for advice too.
04-08-2020, 20:41   #2842
MaddogMC

If you fill in the loan amount on the application form as what the RIHL calculator states you are eligible for & get approved. Then find a house cheaper is this ok or does it make a mess of the application?
Apologies if this is already covered
04-08-2020, 20:44   #2843
jill_valentine

Don't supppose anyone knows if DCC are accepting apps by post at the moment, and if so what address?
04-08-2020, 20:58   #2844
MaddogMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill_valentine View Post
Don't supppose anyone knows if DCC are accepting apps by post at the moment, and if so what address?
I plan on sending mine to the housing loans section in wood quay by registered post. I called in and all offices are closed
Advertisement
04-08-2020, 21:03   #2845
jill_valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogMC View Post
I plan on sending mine to the housing loans section in wood quay by registered post. I called in and all offices are closed
That's my thinking, yeah, the only postal address I could find for it was on old documents though so I was a bit nervy -

Dublin City Council,
House Purchase Loan Section,
Block 2, Floor 2,
Civic Offices,
Wood Quay,
Dublin 8
04-08-2020, 21:50   #2846
Salanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddogMC View Post
If you fill in the loan amount on the application form as what the RIHL calculator states you are eligible for & get approved. Then find a house cheaper is this ok or does it make a mess of the application?
Apologies if this is already covered
They will give you 90% of the purchase price or the amount you were approved for whichever is the lower. If you get approved for 180k and buy somewhere for 150k they will only give you 135k where if you buy for 250k they will give the full 180k.
Thanks from:
05-08-2020, 10:44   #2847
beanyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill_valentine View Post
That's my thinking, yeah, the only postal address I could find for it was on old documents though so I was a bit nervy -

Dublin City Council,
House Purchase Loan Section,
Block 2, Floor 2,
Civic Offices,
Wood Quay,
Dublin 8
This is the correct address - I've sent documents into them recently. I put Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Section, Housing Department as the addressee and it got to them no problem.
Thanks from:
06-08-2020, 08:46   #2848
Cheesepuffs

Hi,

Does anyone know what this means ‘Your application has now been sent to the county solicitors’

I don’t want to keep annoying the poor girl in housing.

Cheese puffs
07-08-2020, 10:00   #2849
BeansBeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesepuffs View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know what this means ‘Your application has now been sent to the county solicitors’

I don’t want to keep annoying the poor girl in housing.

Cheese puffs
When we went through this they sent it to the legal department before releasing the funds, so hopefully you are around that stage of the process
07-08-2020, 10:57   #2850
Salanky

Sending back the acceptance letter for the loan offer today along with the dreaded mpi form. Fingers crossed it goes without a hitch.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion