Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Companies to email for COUPONS!

Options
  • 09-04-2014 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I thought it would be handy to have a thread on what companies to email or write to for coupons. The ones that say yes, so you don't get disheartened by a lot a no's.
    Here's the companies that have been nice enough to help,

1. Danone
    2. Big Al's
    3. Yazoo
    4. Denny
    5. Johnson&Johnson
    6. Kellogs
    7. Kilmeaden

Does anybody else have any companies that are willing to post out coupons?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kewlkat

Baby-food companies i.e. Cow and Gate milupa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Bit of an embarrassing request...probably :o
    How do you get the email addresses?
    Can you post up the addresses please OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There are usually contact emails on websites. There was some HB offer on here ages ago, a voucher for something like €3 for ice creams, you were supposed to be holding an "ice cream party" for kids of something along those lines.

I had 3 at my party, me, my spoon & my belly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kayraa

Chucken wrote: »
    Bit of an embarrassing request...probably :o
    How do you get the email addresses?
    Can you post up the addresses please OP?

yeah usually at the bottom of their websites the have contact info or a link to contact them :)

http://yazoo.co.uk/contact

http://www.bigals.ie/Talk-to-Us/Email-Us.54.1.aspx

http://www.danone.ie/ContactUs/

http://www.kelloggs.ie/en_IE/contactus_ie0.html

http://www.denny.ie/Contact-Us.aspx

there's a few :) I recieved my 4 x €1 kellogs vouchers which surprisingly can also be used on Pringles lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

rubadub wrote: »
    There are usually contact emails on websites. There was some HB offer on here ages ago, a voucher for something like €3 for ice creams, you were supposed to be holding an "ice cream party" for kids of something along those lines.

I had 3 at my party, me, my spoon & my belly :pac:

It was Downe Syndrome Ireland & HB: all proceeds were to go to charity - so not really a bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭fgaha

I got 10coupons off brennans bread

fgaha wrote: »

yeah I'm waiting for mine to come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

fgaha wrote: »

They have some 25c off ones in Dunnes by the bread aisle.

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    It was Downe Syndrome Ireland & HB: all proceeds were to go to charity - so not really a bargain
    My ones were definitely not supposed to be for charity.

This was one of the posts with the old link in it which is not working

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72644495&postcount=55

It said you would get 1.50 or 50 cent but I got €3 vouchers.

This was a post from 2010
    rubadub wrote: »
    I found a €3 HB voucher (that I got from an old thread on here), turns out it is only valid until today, so luckily I found it and got 2L for 28cent! I found the old link to the voucher is still working though, and from the URL it looks like it would be worth checking in the future too

http://www.hbplaydates.ie/fun-food/money-off.html

I do see the Down Syndrome Ireland links where you get vouchers and balloons etc.
    This is our second time to do this great promotional print job for Down Syndrome Ireland. They are a fantastic organisation and this is equally a fantastic promotion with HB supporting Down Syndrome Ireland. We produced letters, vouchers, invitations, posters, leaflets and certificates. You can register for your pack next year. All you do is organise an Ice Cream Funday, (an ice cream party) for your friends and family (you’ll be very popular!) and collect money for Down Syndrome on the day, send in your money and you’ll get a receipt and certificate! - See more at: http://www.printdepot.ie/portfolio/down-syndrome-hb-ice-cream-fundays/#sthash.gSF2T7x2.dpuf

Just making clear I was not scamming a charity or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ae86chic

Hi quick question what do u say in the email?

• Advertisement

ae86chic wrote: »
    Hi quick question what do u say in the email?

I am a faithful customer and i love purchasing your products although with a recession I am finding it hard not to switch to cheaper alternative products, if you have any coupons or vouchers i would be able to use that would be great. Even ones online I can print.

My address is

{Enter your address}

Best Regards,
    {your name}

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Perhaps if lots of us emailed them and asked them to do more coupon promotions (like they do on extreme couponing in the usa) they would start doing them?

Perhaps if lots of us emailed them and asked them to do more coupon promotions (like they do on extreme couponing in the usa) they would start doing them?

I think we should do this too! If someone would like to make a list of all the companies and we can all email them :)

I did this when the persil ones dried up, no one ever responded and I even wrote to PHS the company pigsback use - they never responded - I thought that maybe we could use the pulling power of the boards here - and comment back on the coupons available to the distributor or company - again no one was interested - I thought it would be useful - no point in offering a coupon for nothing or so i thought - I wrote to the big guns - proctor & gamble and a load of international companies that offer the mega USA coupons again to no avail,

they dont care

you know - instead of saying about the recession because recent research confirms we are coming out of it and that 80% now have more money to spend a moth as oppose to 2 years ago - give them something - dot ask for it for nothing,

what i was considering was to get a varied consumer panel (use the BA thread) and tell them we will rate the products or give feedback or something in return for samples, money off, blah...

What does anyone else think because it could be worth thinking more about it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Or write a complaint of some sort.

I wrote Maltezers a year or so ago, when I bought a bag of the mini packs

One pack had only 1 Maltezer in it, so I wrote how dissapointed my son was as these were for his treat, after school.

I got E10.00 in vouchers and an apology.

you know - instead of saying about the recession because recent research confirms we are coming out of it and that 80% now have more money to spend a moth as oppose to 2 years ago - give them something - dot ask for it for nothing,

what i was considering was to get a varied consumer panel (use the BA thread) and tell them we will rate the products or give feedback or something in return for samples, money off, blah...

What does anyone else think because it could be worth thinking more about it???

I agree actually, just two nights ago I started writing about times I found to be enjoyable while using their product and they are much more responsive to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

Irish Equivalent of UK supersavvyme would be excellent..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

uli84 wrote: »

Think i actually emailed them once asking about it but nothing happened, again, maybe if a lot of us send them email then they could consider that, after all most of the companies offering coupons/samples on their website are present on irish market too

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

When the persil coupons dried up I switched to Aldi non bio and won't switch back unless the coupons come back (of course i wouldn't say this in a begging e-mail)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

uli84 wrote: »

There is an Irish version; it just has bugger all coupons.

collegeme wrote: »
    When the persil coupons dried up I switched to Aldi non bio and won't switch back unless the coupons come back (of course i wouldn't say this in a begging e-mail)

Stil living off my stash. Enough for next year

In college freshers week I signed up to be a knorr taster, at least I think it was knorr. I would get vouchers every few months to get the items for free in any supermarket, saving them post I suppose.

I think I had some lighter stuff posted to me and some brand new or unreleased products. I had to fill out surveys and always did this, however they suddenly cut me off, they sent me 1 or 2 warning letters saying I did not respond to the last batch. I was pissed off as I was probably blacklisted, and always had replied, my sister also signed up and was getting them for years after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

You do realise that some of the companies you mention in this thread could be looking and scanning these posts and are most probably on to your little task of trying to get coupons from them? I mean to even include a template letter on how to ask it is a tad naive. Ireland being small, and the fact that companies like O2 and Tesco etc regularly browse these threads, its not a stretch to think the companies like HB etc do the same. It might be an idea to just keep these tips for vouchers to a private PM communication..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Kayraa wrote: »
    I thought it would be handy to have a thread on what companies to email or write to for coupons. The ones that say yes, so you don't get disheartened by a lot a no's.
    Here's the companies that have been nice enough to help,

1. Danone
    2. Big Al's
    3. Yazoo
    4. Denny
    5. Johnson&Johnson
    6. Kellogs
    7. Kilmeaden

Does anybody else have any companies that are willing to post out coupons?

all those companies refused to send me anything when I emailed them last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Sam Mac wrote: »
    all those companies refused to send me anything when I emailed them last week.

Boycott their products from now on - brand loyalty works both ways.

Advertisement