Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,512 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

fullstop wrote: »
    Are you taking about the breaded fillets on these deli counters? If so, they’re usually whole muscle, not reconstituted meat. The diced chicken will be what you’re talking about.

Dream on. You’re paying a couple of quid, you are not getting anything close to that sort of “meat”.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i have received a lot more mean and stingy rolls from delis than i have witnessed customers asking for extra fillings.

Rolls and their contents are predetermined as has been said above for margin, when you ask for way more the server could get in trouble, I know I managed delis for years why would I lie ! Anyway I don’t want a row I’m just telling you from a delis perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭H.20v3

Rolls and their contents are predetermined as has been said above for margin, when you ask for way more the server could get in trouble, I know I managed delis for years why would I lie ! Anyway I don’t want a row I’m just telling you from a delis perspective.

What kind of trouble?

Can u lettuce know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dream on. You’re paying a couple of quid, you are not getting anything close to that sort of “meat”.

I know, I can’t get over people thinking it’s pure, unreconstituted chicken breast. Sure you can even tell by the texture. I buy goujons made with proper chicken strips from my butcher and occasionally buy crappy goujons from the supermarket. The difference is very obvious. The crappy one have a breadcrumb-y sort of texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

thats fair enough. im not talking about an average roll. i have received numerous times rolls that would be well below average ,

i know the staff can get in trouble. somone i know locally used to work in a petrol station chain and told me that if they put anything extra in the roll it would be docked from the wages.

asking for extra in a roll is wrong but asking fora decent amount is not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I doubt you’ve monitored it that closely. Whereas somebody who has worked in a deli has seen a lot.

your right . to a point anyway. i havnt noticed it much at all. maybe thats me not seeing it rather than it not happening. the skimpy rolls are very real though. you cant say i didnt see that happening, it happens to me ocasionally

your right . to a point anyway. i havnt noticed it much at all. maybe thats me not seeing it rather than it not happening. the skimpy rolls are very real though. you cant say i didnt see that happening, it happens to me ocasionally

I have no doubt. To be honest, greediness isn’t commonplace either which is why it sticks out so badly. Most people have a good sense of what is enough.

thats fair enough. im not talking about an average roll. i have received numerous times rolls that would be well below average ,

i know the staff can get in trouble. somone i know locally used to work in a petrol station chain and told me that if they put anything extra in the roll it would be docked from the wages.

asking for extra in a roll is wrong but asking fora decent amount is not

Yes agreed, and I managed statoil and shell petrol stations with a deli so I know the trade inside out, not anymore but I know it’s still the same, all the meat ect is weighed as part of their shift stock take

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I can't believe people being paid an hourly wage care so much about the odd customer asking for extra toppings, it's nothing to the worker except laziness that they're to do an extra scoop of whatever.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I can't believe people being paid an hourly wage care so much about the odd customer asking for extra toppings, it's nothing to the worker except laziness that they're to do an extra scoop of whatever.

It’s not laziness. I’m repeating myself but the deli worker will pretty much always oblige so I don’t how that constitutes laziness. But they’ll note to themselves the greediness and if the boss is floating around, they might get in trouble too, the lowly paid staff member.

• Advertisement

Must have nothing to think about if they're bothered by this

It’s not laziness. I’m repeating myself but the deli worker will pretty much always oblige so I don’t how that constitutes laziness. But they’ll note to themselves the greediness and if the boss is floating around, they might get in trouble too, the lowly paid staff member.

It's definitely an attitude problem then so. The rules are usually outlined about how much you can get,if the customer wants more the staff member can show the customer a sign and price.

It's definitely an attitude problem then so. The rules are usually outlined about how much you can get,if the customer wants more the staff member can show the customer a sign and price.

They do that if they can.

An attitude problem? Having a laugh with fellow employees about a greedy customer? We were mostly just amused by their gluttony. If we served them politely, I don’t see that constitutes an attitude problem. But they couldn’t control what we thought of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

The problems begin when the shop, who is the arbiter of exactly what and how much is allowed, doesn't communicate this effectively to either staff or customers so everybody is clear from the start.

I have no doubt. To be honest, greediness isn’t commonplace either which is why it sticks out so badly. Most people have a good sense of what is enough.

Expecting to get a decent sandwich that fills you up is not greedyness. On the other hand calling a meat and 2 salads an acceptable sandwich is pure stingy on behalf of the shop.

No where I regularly request as any indication of such a low amount, intact most places don’t have any set amounts at all bar one place which as 5 fillings for 3.95 plus a drink as one of their offers. No matter where I go I get pretty much the same thing on my roll: (alternate between mayo and butter) Hot spicy chicken, coleslaw, egg, onion, tomato and cheese. If a place has jalepenos night get them too instead of something I listed, same if there are pickles. This is what I ask for in cafes, deli etc and as a paying customer who wants a decent sandwich I expect it to be made without complaint.

Can the mods close this thread now

I've learnt all I need to know about chicken rolls, further discussion is superfluous to my needs

H.20v3 wrote: »
    Can the mods close this thread now

I've learnt all I need to know about chicken rolls, further discussion is superfluous to my needs

Maybe others what to keep discussing it? You didn’t even start the thread.

Maybe others what to keep discussing it? You didn’t even start the thread.

You're being greedy again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Thank God the schools are back tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I thought that sort of meat waste went into pet food

• Advertisement

Gael23 wrote: »

Mostly animals at these deli counters snyhow

H.20v3 wrote: »
    Mostly animals at these deli counters snyhow

What high class location do you go to for your lunch?

Expecting to get a decent sandwich that fills you up is not greedyness. On the other hand calling a meat and 2 salads an acceptable sandwich is pure stingy on behalf of the shop.

No where I regularly request as any indication of such a low amount, intact most places don’t have any set amounts at all bar one place which as 5 fillings for 3.95 plus a drink as one of their offers. No matter where I go I get pretty much the same thing on my roll: (alternate between mayo and butter) Hot spicy chicken, coleslaw, egg, onion, tomato and cheese. If a place has jalepenos night get them too instead of something I listed, same if there are pickles. This is what I ask for in cafes, deli etc and as a paying customer who wants a decent sandwich I expect it to be made without complaint.

There is a line that crosses over into greediness. I have no idea if you cross that line, but if you do, it’s been noted. Without doubt. You’ve talked about being a regular. Well, that’s the thing with regulars, things about them get noted. If you think staff don’t ever comment amongst themselves about different customers, bless.

Again, any good staff will make the sandwich without complaint. But they might think you a glutton. And since the thought police don’t exist, there’s not a whole lot you can do about that. And hopefully they don’t get in trouble with their boss over it.

Can someone clear up what's considered greedy?

Subway - asking for all the vegetables?

Asking for onion then asking for a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Gael23 wrote: »

Only the finest meat slurry goes into chicken fillet rolls and subway meats. Altogether a better class of meat slurry than they use in making pet food.

Subway - asking for all the vegetables?g

People who ask for everything in subway is number one, like I said earlier you don’t try and fit a pint into a glass, also, don’t put your hands on the glass surrounding the hot food ! Otherwise meat and two veg is the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Paid €4.15 for a small roll with just chicken fillet and mayonnaise in my local garage earlier.

Thats a bit of a rip off. My local spar does a large roll and can of coke for €4

Subway - asking for all the vegetables?

A few yardsticks - amounts being one. Like getting five salads is fine. It depends on how much you ask for of each. It’s visual, I guess.

Or we had one guy who came in and really blatantly took the piss. He got away with it by being the only one that bad so we just let him away with it. It wasn’t worth saying anything for one person. But like for extras, he’d ask for another meat rather than salad. And then the salad-y things, he’d ask for more of everything. And yeah, we probably should have said something but we just served him as politely as anyone else and joked about him with each other. People are thinking that deli workers are upset about gluttons. No, we were just like “Lol, did you see what Greedy McGlutton ordered today”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Two deli's near charge 3 euro for 5 chicken chunks. They're small little chicken balls in otherwords. 3 fuc*in euro

• Advertisement

A few yardsticks - amounts being one. Like getting five salads is fine. It depends on how much you ask for of each. It’s visual, I guess.

Or we had one guy who came in and really blatantly took the piss. He got away with it by being the only one that bad so we just let him away with it. It wasn’t worth saying anything for one person. But like for extras, he’d ask for another meat rather than salad. And then the salad-y things, he’d ask for more of everything. And yeah, we probably should have said something but we just served him as politely as anyone else and joked about him with each other. People are thinking that deli workers are upset about gluttons. No, we were just like “Lol, did you see what Greedy McGlutton ordered today”.

Usually the customer that’s leaves the coffee area in bits aswell, spilt coffee and sugar all over the place,

Advertisement