Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chicken Fillet Rolls ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

bizarre claims here

Haha you do it too ? Ok look at the servers face the next time you ask for a stupid and greedy amount of things to squeeze into a small roll

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Chicken breast doesn’t taste as nice in it. You should just make your own with chicken breast and leave the rest of us to it.

I always found that the “plain” fillet lacked any taste and without a sauce the roll was bland. The “spicy” option was the only way to go.

I’d, also, like to point out that you’ve picked me up wrong here. I’m not trying to stop anyone eating whatever they like, I’m just saying they shouldn’t be complaining about the cheap price of the “meat slurry” they’re eating.

If you want good meat you really have to pay for it.

The tide is turning…

I always found that the “plain” fillet lacked any taste and without a sauce the roll was bland. The “spicy” option was the only way to go.

I’d, also, like to point out that you’ve picked me up wrong here. I’m not trying to stop anyone eating whatever they like, I’m just saying they shouldn’t be complaining about the cheap price of the “meat slurry” they’re eating.

People are complaining because it’s not cheap enough.
    Don’t get me wrong, I like my quality meat too and will only buy stuff for home in one of the few real butchers left in the country, but there’s a time and a place for things and a chicken fillet roll wouldn’t be the same without that nice soft spongy texture and salty taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

One of golfing buddy’s is involved in the food import business. He refuses to eat in Subway. He said all those salamis and meats are the absolutely minimum quality allowed for human consumption. He said the salami is inferior in quality to the stuff you find on a 79 cent daily basics pizza in Tesco. The ham is a reformed meat slurry classic as well. Horrific by all accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Stopped going to Subway after they went all “woke”, and liberal, when they banned their sugar drinks.

Banned? Not in the Subway in Fonthill. Can still get my footlong meatball marinara with a full fat Pepsi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I’m not having a go I’m telling you the truth I managed and worked in delis for years we had nicknames for people like you but hey keep going I’m not going to stop you !

Imagine being such a wagecuck, that you make up mocking nicknames for customers who order anything, including items that are included in the price of the food they pay for. Got to keep that boss of yours rich! Greedy, lol.

Actually, when I get my business off the ground, I'll be looking for the likes of you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

bizarre claims here
    Imagine being such a wagecuck, that you make up mocking nicknames for customers who order anything items that are included in the price of the food they pay for. Got to keep that boss of yours rich! Greedy, lol.

Actually, when I get my business off the ground, I'll be looking for the likes of you!

I’ll give you an English lesson 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I’m not having a go I’m telling you the truth I managed and worked in delis for years we had nicknames for people like you but hey keep going I’m not going to stop you !

I hope when you "managed" your staff, you taught them that the only appropriate name for "people like him" was "customer".

If you were a manager and feel that it's too difficult for staff to add ingredients to a sandwich, you either need new staff of they need a new manager.

We customers have nicknames for managers and staff like you...

Casey78 wrote: »
    Banned? Not in the Subway in Fonthill. Can still get my footlong meatball marinara with a full fat Pepsi.

I’ll have to remember that, C.

The last one I was in was on Parliament St and was told they’d removed the “full sugar” drinks to cut calories from the menu.

I do miss the meatball marinara.

The tide is turning…

I’ll give you an English lesson 😂

Does it come free with the Meal Deal, oh learned one?

*ya got me, didn't proof read that post at all.

• Advertisement

Boucher-Hayes covered how they make the chicken fillet on his “food” show. It was not pretty

Any more info on this ?
    I'd like to see it.

Nah worse yet, the woke will point out the carbon footprint of the chicken fillet roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

It is trust me ask anyone who works in a deli, it’s greed, try making a roll or sambo with way too much fillings

Who gives a **** how difficult it is? It's their job go make a roll full of what the customer requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

The last one I was in was on Parliament St and was told they’d removed the “full sugar†drinks to cut calories from the menu.

Was that not because of the sugar tax? I think they get charged more for selling fat drinks so they decided to use that opportunity to make it look as though they were being healthy rather than being business savvy

Any more info on this ?
    I'd like to see it.

If you like them and know what they are it won’t stop you eating them, and if you don’t like them you’ll be delighted. Either way that blow hard is laughing all the way to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

I’ll have to remember that, C.

The last one I was in was on Parliament St and was told they’d removed the “full sugar” drinks to cut calories from the menu.

I do miss the meatball marinara.

Monaghan has no full fat either. Shame when you are allergic to aspertame.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Was that not because of the sugar tax? I think they get charged more for selling fat drinks so they decided to use that opportunity to make it look as though they were being healthy rather than being business savvy

I’d love to know what they think happened to our minds that rendered us unable to choose between a sugary drink and a diet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Costs me 3.50 in my usual spot. The roll do be jammed packed and it comes with a can. Great value.

Any more info on this ?
    I'd like to see it.

The show is called ‘What are you Eating’. I’d say it’s on the player.

Even the grated cheese they use on the rolls has been bulked up with crap.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    There’ll be someone woke along in a while to tell us that chicken fillet rolls are only for working class fat knacks to gobble down, I’m shocked it hasn’t happened already tbh...

To be honest, I was getting sick of eating them before I saw the “show”. Just made it easier to cut them out.

It’s hard to avoid the crap “meat” regardless of what you ordering. The ham is just as bad, if not worse.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A trade secret is to give the Dunnes deli girl a wink and she might throw on some cheese for free. Mayo and butter, spicy chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese. DELISH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The show is called ‘What are you Eating’. I’d say it’s on the player.

Even the grated cheese they use on the rolls has been bulked up with crap.

To be honest, I was getting sick of eating them before I saw the “show”. Just made it easier to cut them out.

It’s hard to avoid the crap “meat” regardless of what you ordering. The ham is just as bad, if not worse.

That grated cheese you get in delis has been bulked up with either soy or potato powder. It’s why it has that slightly chalky feel, and why it tastes nothing like cheese.

I’d still prefer it over the meat slurry slices in Subway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Any time I'm partaking in deli food these days I opt for a wrap instead of a roll .
    Less heavy, especially if going back to work afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭wandererz

I was conflicted by all the chat above.

Got onto Just Eat but nobody delivering chicken rolls at this time of the morning.

Ordered 2xFull Irish Breakfast Pita's and a Falafel wrap instead.
    Will see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Omackeral wrote: »
    There’ll be someone woke along in a while to tell us that chicken fillet rolls are only for working class fat knacks to gobble down, I’m shocked it hasn’t happened already tbh...

They're for working class fat knacks who don't think about where their food comes from. And college students, and young people in general.

That lads meant looking head and mouthful of marbles is far more offensive than any mechanically recovered meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

Stopped going to Subway after they went all “woke”, and liberal, when they banned their sugar drinks.

I used to go to Subway fairly regularly. I won't go again in Ireland as you cant get a full fat drink,it's ****ing ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They don't do them over here. Sandwich places will do a chicken escalope alright which I think is the same thing, just bashed into a flat shape. The scam is then that they only give a few slices of it in your sandwich/bad/roll* instead of the whole thing, "that'll be £6 guvnor".

*I'm still not used to the fact that what we call a roll is not what they call a roll and what they call a roll is not a roll, it's a bun if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

Ironicname wrote: »

The sugar taxis is an add on of 15c,it's on your receipt in places like McDonald's for example. In Subway they don't give you the option and only have sugar free drinks (both bottled and fountain) I don't drink fizzy drinks often but if I'm having a fast food meal ill have a coke or sprite not a ****ing sugar free cherry Pepsi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

This may we’ll be true but it shouldn’t be too much to ask that the chicken in the fillet be chicken breast and not shaped from a sludge of “reclaimed” meat.

Boucher-Hayes covered how they make the chicken fillet on his “food” show. It was not pretty

he did. i saw it at the time. very interesting. here it is:

Advertisement