Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things you just "don't get"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

So, you slam the various government agencies lack of action on a virus that has to date not entered the country based on a probable fake story you heard third hand?

the school is real, the trip was real, its now shut and being deep cleaned - more than most HSE hospitals snd clinics have got in years I’s say, judging by the routine dirt and squalor in them I see - which is something I just don’t get. I couldn’t sit in a dirty office so why in the midst of a health crisis will HSE managers and staff sit amid dirt in a MSRA crisis and infection control crisis in dirty offices / clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,936 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Smuggling is massive business. Illegal cigarettes and alcohol is massive business. Just controlled by a different group that haven't got rivals

It's a massive business because of the volume of cigarettes and Alcohol consumed. So some people evade the tax.

People kill each other weekly in the illegal drugs business but don't kill in the alcohol and tobacco smuggling business.

Imagine if alcohol and tobacco were illegal and could only be gotten through smuggling. Do you think the alcohol and tobacco smuggling business would become more or less violent?

the school is real, the trip was real, its now shut and being deep cleaned - more than most HSE hospitals snd clinics have got in years I’s say, judging by the routine dirt and squalor in them I see - which is something I just don’t get. I couldn’t sit in a dirty office so why in the midst of a health crisis will HSE managers and staff sit amid dirt in a MSRA crisis and infection control crisis in dirty offices / clinics.

How many virus cases have come from it? Amazing how your now sure it's genuine when you originally weren't.

Hse hospitals, dunno the ones you are in but the ones I have been in have always been clean. Hard to keep a&e spotless seeing as people are constantly puking, urinating, ****ting and bleeding everywhere while doctors and nurses dash about. But yeah, absolutely the same as an office.

It's a massive business because of the volume of cigarettes and Alcohol consumed. So some people evade the tax.

People kill each other weekly in the illegal drugs business but don't kill in the alcohol and tobacco smuggling business.

Imagine if alcohol and tobacco were illegal and could only be gotten through smuggling. Do you think the alcohol and tobacco smuggling business would become more or less violent?

I think it would remain dominated by the same people that haven't gone away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

So, you slam the various government agencies lack of action on a virus that has to date not entered the country based on a probable fake story you heard third hand?
    2 schools in County Clare who have had students on skiing trips in Italy over the past few weeks have sought advice on it and been told ah shure it's grand just wash your hands. This country has no plan to deal with this and will fook it up as badly as it fooks up every other health crisis that presents. Government agencies are doing nothing. Other countries are testing people at airports and ports we're just letting anyone wander in without any checks at all and expecting them to isolate themselves by choice, if they feel like it. Absolute incompetence.

• Advertisement

I think it would remain dominated by the same people that haven't gone away.

And what’s your answer to the question I asked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

2 schools in County Clare who have had students on skiing trips in Italy over the past few weeks have sought advice on it and been told ah shure it's grand just wash your hands. This country has no plan to deal with this and will fook it up as badly as it fooks up every other health crisis that presents. Government agencies are doing nothing. Other countries are testing people at airports and ports we're just letting anyone wander in without any checks at all and expecting them to isolate themselves by choice, if they feel like it. Absolute incompetence.

The WHO doesn't recommend routine screening of people at airports. Should Ireland start to make you feel better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

2 schools in County Clare who have had students on skiing trips in Italy over the past few weeks have sought advice on it and been told ah shure it's grand just wash your hands. This country has no plan to deal with this and will fook it up as badly as it fooks up every other health crisis that presents. Government agencies are doing nothing.

Ah now

Minster Joe Jacob got us iodine tablets in case of a nuclear catastrophe :D

Was in 2002 and people feared an attack on Sellafield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

FHFM50 wrote: »
    Spot on with both.

I do still like the later seasons of Curb, even if it's not as good as earlier ones.
    Humor is very subjective though. I find some things hilarious that other people simply do not get. And vice-versa.

Like this MAGA hat bit from this season I think is brilliant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2oLFKYNInQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Reality TV (Big Brother, Love Island, Celebs go dating, I am a celebrity get me out of here)

Its the most soul destroying, mind numbing waste of time. Its not good for your mental health either. They usually seek out people with mental health problems for "great TV".

Such a sad waste of time, that can never be recovered.

• Advertisement

How many virus cases have come from it? Amazing how your now sure it's genuine when you originally weren't.

Hse hospitals, dunno the ones you are in but the ones I have been in have always been clean. Hard to keep a&e spotless seeing as people are constantly puking, urinating, ****ting and bleeding everywhere while doctors and nurses dash about. But yeah, absolutely the same as an office.
    There is a massive problem with superbug infections in Irish hospitals. I myself picked up one in an Irish hospital and can't get rid of it, it's endemic in some Dublin hospitals. There was a case in Limerick a year or so ago of a disease from Africa/Middle East that was brought into the hospital and lots of people had to be screened for it. Infection control in our hospitals is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

How Oprah has avoided any tainting due to the Weinstein scandal.
    Well known for her "go see Harvey" advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

razorblunt wrote: »
    How Oprah has avoided any tainting due to the Weinstein scandal.
    Well known for her "go see Harvey" advice.

Michael Jackson too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

I posted this a while back on another thread.
    But its still relevant.

The scourge of the cupcake is still very real.

I don't get the hype. There is a place close to where I work and they are sold out on a daily basis on what are essentially plain Madeira or chocolate buns with horrible stupid buttery creamy toppings and pieces of chocolate bars stuck into them.

They aren't even original toppings.
    Fu*cking horrible flavoured butter cream shi*te, with a piece of a crunchie or a stick of flake rammed into said buttery sh*te and hey presto its no longer a bun its a fuc*ing cup cake..

Load of nonsense.

That shi*ty creamy topping is fuc*ing rank.
    The only way to eat a stupid fuc*ing cupcake is to eat the stupid piece of flake or crunchie that is invariably stuck IN THE MIDDLE of the shi*ty buttery topping, scoop the rancid buttery mess off the top, toss it on the floor and eat the fuc*ing BUN.. yes.. the BUN.

Fu*k off cup cakes.

I don't understand the hysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

W123-80's wrote: »
    I posted this a while back on another thread.
    But its still relevant.

The scourge of the cupcake is still very real.

I don't get the hype. There is a place close to where I work and they are sold out on a daily basis on what are essentially plain Madeira or chocolate buns with horrible stupid buttery creamy toppings and pieces of chocolate bars stuck into them.

They aren't even original toppings.
    Fu*cking horrible flavoured butter cream shi*te, with a piece of a crunchie or a stick of flake rammed into said buttery sh*te and hey presto its no longer a bun its a fuc*ing cup cake..

Load of nonsense.

That shi*ty creamy topping is fuc*ing rank.
    The only way to eat a stupid fuc*ing cupcake is to eat the stupid piece of flake or crunchie that is invariably stuck IN THE MIDDLE of the shi*ty buttery topping, scoop the rancid buttery mess off the top, toss it on the floor and eat the fuc*ing BUN.. yes.. the BUN.

Fu*k off cup cakes.

I don't understand the hysteria

I love em :pac:

& the ironing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cupcakes, pug dogs, flamingos and things with live, laugh, love printed on them..

At the same time I have a liking for unicorns, rainbows, and pastels so I'm not immune to childish tat myself.

I always laugh at the guff people have in their houses. Like when things are labelled. For example an elaborate sign above the bath that says “Bath”.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,335 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The Nal wrote: »
    Michael Jackson too.

Well, he's dead so ...

The WHO doesn't recommend routine screening of people at airports. Should Ireland start to make you feel better?
    The WHO doesn't have a bloody clue what it's doing, at the moment it's clear that their main objective is protecting global trade not global health. But feel free to keep going with the sarcastic comments if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

The Nal wrote: »
    Michael Jackson too.

Not really.

Lots of people have given her stick over the grief she's given Jackson. Even when he was alive she treated him badly.

Lot of theories floating about how she gave LN all that publicity so it would take the heat off her buddy Harv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People spending lots of money on mismatched chairs for a dining table!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The WHO doesn't have a bloody clue what it's doing, at the moment it's clear that their main objective is protecting global trade not global health. But feel free to keep going with the sarcastic comments if it makes you feel better.

What qualifies you to judge the WHO's reaction to this?

Just curious.

I don't get why the powers that be won't say what day the woman infected with Coronavirus arrived back. It is insane to say that they are trying to contact others who were traveling on the same transport as her. She got on a train with people who won't be known and I don't see why they can't say what day she arrived and what train she was on it's fooking stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Satisfaction

What qualifies you to judge the WHO's reaction to this?

Just curious.
    Common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I don't get why the powers that be won't say what day the woman infected with Coronavirus arrived back. It is insane to say that they are trying to contact others who were traveling on the same transport as her. She got on a train with people who won't be known and I don't see why they can't say what day she arrived and what train she was on it's fooking stupid.

To stop unnecessary panic?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

The amount of people who justify speeding on Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Common sense.

I'd be going with the educated professionals on matters relating to health I'd say.

Or else you wouldn't get out of bed in the morning.

Crock Rock wrote: »
    The amount of people who justify speeding on Irish roads.

Yawn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Penfailed wrote: »
    To stop unnecessary panic?

That horse has bolted, P. “Cancelling” the rugby match was the start.

Will see if they are serious about things if they cancel the St. Patrick’s Festival.

Would be great if people just washed their bloody hands and all those “bird flu” hand sanitiser dispensers were refilled.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement