Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus Part II - Its arrived - We're Doomed!!! See OP for Mod warnings

1280281282283284286»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭solidasarock

old_aussie wrote: »
    Muslims lick coronavirus infected shrines...and loving it!

This will not work out well for Iran!

This confirms my suspicion all along....

islam the religion of death wishers.

Not capable of having logical thought!

Tone down the Islamophobia please.

But for whatever reason what came to mind watching this is, if this was the 1980's we would all be having the local priest around to bless our houses to help against the virus instead of storming lidl for beans and soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Does anybody know which hospital the patient zero in Ireland is in?

Well i'm guessing if they had him in the Mater Thursday he's still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Just goes to show not everything going around on Whatapp is BS

Source proving it isn't "BS" please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

so what?
    It's how you bury bad news.

I did post on Wednesday saying there was something happening in the mater. Friend works there
    Wonder if this is that person

Could be the same lad who sent it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    My asthma is quite bad, would I be more affected by the virus than the average citizen? If I don't sit my exams, it will set me back almost a year, would I be stupid not to sit them when there has only been two cases confirmed in Ireland?

You are high risk. Talk to the relevant people about deferring, doing them from home or some other option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm beginning to wonder if this is true. I seen a photo of a blocked off corridor inside the Mater on Thursday in a Whatapp group and thought nothing of it.

Actually here it is.

On the 9 o'clock news all they would say was the person was from the east coast, heard Harris on Playback this morning about the passenger who passed through Dublin airport a few days ago on route to the north, you'd swear he was being asked to divulge the third secret of Fatima. It's not like AIDS in the 80's. We're not asking for names what's going to happen when 1000 people have tested positive? Will they still be trying to keep a tight lipped

Osborne wrote: »
    Source proving it isn't "BS" please?

If you think i'm telling one of the most read forums in Ireland the guys name you can think again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

One thing about the school ski trips to north Italy:
    The death rate in 10-19 year olds is 0.2%. You’d imagine those school kids would be grand. However the question is can they become healthy carriers of this virus who can effect more at risk groups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I think this poster seems genuine and the account is over two years old.

Drip feeding out bad news on a Saturday evening not to cause panic and chatter in work sound like something the HSE might do.
    Are you a multi of his?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    My asthma is quite bad, would I be more affected by the virus than the average citizen? If I don't sit my exams, it will set me back almost a year, would I be stupid not to sit them when there has only been two cases confirmed in Ireland?

The way this is going traditional exam halls are unlikely to happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

tom1ie wrote: »
    One thing about the school ski trips to north Italy:
    The death rate in 10-19 year olds is 0.2%. You’d imagine those school kids would be grand. However the question is can they become healthy carriers of this virus who can effect more at risk groups?

From what ive read, people with even no symptoms can spread it. Which would be a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

On Italy demanding northern areas change the rules on testing...

The last figures today were equally as bleak as the last with the new regime which tells you all you need to know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

no, but plenty on here will make it up
    The Mater is the only hospital in Dublin set up to handle this. They recently announced that they have set up a 6 bed ward to handle Covid 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,242 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

tillyfilly wrote: »
    Does anybody know which hospital the patient zero in Ireland is in?

Ask Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I did post on Wednesday saying there was something happening in the mater. Friend works there
    Wonder if this is that person

People were posting about something happening in every Irish hospital at some stage during the week. Stop with this BS please.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

If you think i'm telling one of the most read forums in Ireland the guys name you can think again.

But you just said it proves that it isn't "BS". How so if you can't back it up? Are we supposed to take your word for it? A stranger on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Well, good jaysus. That’s quite worrying.
    However it’s not a death sentence if anyone gets c19. That message needs to be reinforced. There’s a lot of people panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,441 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

skimpydoo wrote: »
    They recently announced that they have set up a 6 bed ward to handle Covid 19.

ffs, hopeless

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm beginning to wonder if this is true. I seen a photo of a blocked off corridor inside the Mater on Thursday in a Whatapp group and thought nothing of it.

Actually here it is.

That means their testing equipment must be a 48 hour test until confirmation of positive.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,256 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm going to close this thread and open the new one up without all this conspiracy talk cluttering it up

If anyone has a reliable source then fine - post that source. If not do not claim your word on this site is better than anyone else's or that your claims carry any weight whatsoever

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement