Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

King of Fighters XIV: Feel the burn.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I thought this was interesting: Juicebox on KOF as compared to other fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/04/more-details-video-from-the-kofxiv-presentation-at-esports-square

Some news from a recent press conference:

[ul][li]A new (well, sort of) logo and slogan for SNK[/li][li]Some info on the various new characters[/li][li]Online modes such as Party Battle and online training[/li][li]Hori are bringing out a KOFXIV arcade stick[/li][/ul]

e: sorry about that, the edit function appears to be broken

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Aww, I was hoping they'd reuse one of their bigger cases for the Hori.

4Gamer goes No Holds Barred with KOFXIV Devs
    http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10196.html

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So will it really be released only for PS4?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ANGEL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So pre-order bonuses are new costumes (Nightmare Geese and Classic Kyo) DLC and a dynamic koF XIV Ps4 theme

There was a KOF XIV side tournament at Evo. Here are the grand finals:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So the demo came out on PSN yesterday.

Not much to it.

Tutorial mode, Training mode and Vs.

Seven characters.

It feels pretty quick for the most part, but we'll really need to see how it performs online to properly judge it.

The new Tizoc (King of Dinosaurs) is fun. Hit of armour on his command grab and it's hcb now instead of 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 duffsocks

Had a quick go of the demo last night. Game feels really smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Apparently some 100% combos have already been found in the demo.

Desk's got his hands on the demo:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

Cn6ewb2VUAAUwPP.jpg:small

Best win quote .... EVER!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I didn't get a chance to play it at Evo- queue was huge- but looked like a REALLY fun game.

A really fun ps3 game, but still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Reviews are starting to come out, seems to be mainly garnering 8's across the board, gameplay is being praised, while the story mode and graphics seem to be the only gripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

For the Kings of Fighters among you I thought it might interest you to know that 10 of the 13 pre-reg'd for KoF14 at CT are form UK, France and Netherlands.

The standard appears to be high for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

ayjayirl wrote: »
    For the Kings of Fighters among you I thought it might interest you to know that 10 of the 13 pre-reg'd for KoF14 at CT are form UK, France and Netherlands.

The standard appears to be high for this one.

gulp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Did the Classic Athena costume come out? I haven't seen it in the PSn shop yet.

Love the game. Have been playing it more than Street Fighter 5 so far.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

KOF 14 has been announced for PC, announced at a SNK conference in China, could be available as early as this month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I'll totally get it on steam. Couldn't really ever bring myself to pay the 60/70 quid or whatever it is on PS4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement