Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Death notice look up request

• 01-09-2020 6:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wonder does anyone have access to the Irish Times as I've had no luck with Irish News Archive or Find My Past for this one?

I want to check for a death notice of this James Traynor who died in Dublin on Jan 16th 1894.

I'm hoping it might mention family and confirm him as one of mine.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Just had a look. Nothing unfortunately.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's a pity but thanks for checking.

The chap I think he might be was baptised Frederick James.

The informant shares his surname with James's mother and is a brush manufacturer like James's father so in all likelihood it's him.

However, as he died unmarried and appears to have been buried on his own I'd like something else to get him over the line.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I've just paid for the burial record of James at Glasnevin and he's buried in an adjoining plot to that of his parents so that's good enough for me.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement