Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-04-2018, 11:41   #46
opus

Was looking for a reasonable pair of headphones to listen to podcasts while jogging & have finally found a pair that work well for me. For once they just connect to my phone without having to go through the pain of unpair/repair as a few cheaper pairs always made me do. The over ear ones suit me better vs the ones with the little wings as I was forever having to push them back into my obviously elephant like ears

https://www.tomtop.com/p-da104.html

Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot at 2018-04-12 11-38-49.png (45.7 KB, 1389 views)
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 12:29   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by corkie View Post
For actual official Apple Airpods someone mentioned an app that make them work on android! If i can find the post/app, i will link it.
Found it: - Headset Button ControllerTrial, thanks to this post.
Wow thanks for the link. But it doesn't work for me (Airpods + Samsung Galaxy S7).

The Airpods do work with Android as in:
- Simple enough pairing (open case, press button, scan, there you go)
- Double Tap to pause/unpause
- Battery levels of both pods and case visible through extra app (AirBattery, free, with ads, works flawlessly)
- Removing the airpods from the case connects them to the phone (if bluetooth is on, obviously)
- Returning them to the case disconnects them from the phone

The reason I got AirPods is because they're the only truly wireless earpods on the market (there are in ear ones, but in ears make me feel really weird). And I knew they'd fit me perfectly because I used the wired ones before (I had iphones until a few years ago). They fit me perfectly and the airpods are so light you forget they're there.

It's the opposite of a bargain though :-/

Last edited by Wildcard7; 12-04-2018 at 12:32.
12-04-2018, 15:19   #48
uRbaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Was looking for a reasonable pair of headphones to listen to podcasts while jogging & have finally found a pair that work well for me. For once they just connect to my phone without having to go through the pain of unpair/repair as a few cheaper pairs always made me do. The over ear ones suit me better vs the ones with the little wings as I was forever having to push them back into my obviously elephant like ears

https://www.tomtop.com/p-da104.html

I have that issue with earbuds also. One fits perfectly, the other keeps falling loose. I've changed the buds to all different shapes but it's annoying.

Might give these a go
12-04-2018, 15:52   #49
Banned

This post has been deleted.
Thanks from:
12-04-2018, 21:38   #50
uRbaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ....... View Post
I use buds shaped like this now and all good.

Ordered thanks!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 22:01   #51
ballyharpat

I got these last week, very reliable, pair instantly and great sound and intuitive controls. I highly recommend.

I have had 2 other bluetooth earphones that were worse than useless.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075CTSYHH...&pd_rd_w=3rxTB
12-04-2018, 22:05   #52
listermint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_g View Post
I don't really care about sound. I only listen to audiobooks and podcasts....but I listen to a lot of those. And I'd disagree that they look crap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fully signed up Apple hater. I'll never enter their ecosystem....but damnit it looks like they got the airpods pretty much perfect first time.

The big sellers for me would be:

1. Assistant integration. Can anyone match the Airpods feature that detects vibrations when you speek? Yeah Google assistant is streets ahead of Siri, and the real time translation feature they debuted with the Pixel Buds sounded interesting (even if it didn't work), so whilst nobody's close to Apple yet, when Google catch up it should be pretty cool. (I quite liked the dystopian future imagined in the movie Her)

2. Hardware and design. Like I said, I don't think the airpods are ugly. I think they look far more discreete and comfortable than some of the big black lumps that stick out horizontally. And the case looks just right. (Even though I presume I'd need one of those Apple chargers...so no. Just no.)

3. Features. Apple can integrate their products in a way that more generic manufacturers probably never can, but I'm very jealous of the pairing feature that activates as soon as you open the case. Has any non-apple manufacturer anything similar to the feature that detects when they're in your ear?

Seriously. I hate the fact that I like the airpods. Hope the Pixel Buds 2 are a big step up.
They look hilarious the design is stunted it only looks like that because they kept falling out.

When an earbud looks like someone chopped the cable off it you know it's half arsed.

Nobody thinks they look good .

They got the function right that's about it
12-04-2018, 22:19   #53

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-ELECTRON...oth+headphones

I have these find them really good. Lovely smooth sound. Loud too
12-04-2018, 22:41   #54
mjp

Looking for a pair of Bluetooth over ear headphones. Can anyone recommend a good pair for 30euro or less
Advertisement
12-04-2018, 23:12   #55
Guffy

Can anyone reccomend a Bluetooth set with good range? How far can i realistically expect to go before earphones begin to crackle?im sure i had a pair before that i got a good 40 feet from, while any set I've tried since struggle at 15 feet.

I generally only use them for podcasts too.
13-04-2018, 16:50   #56
corkie

X9 Magnetic Bluetooth 4.1 Headset Noise Canceling Sports Headphones

X9 Magnetic Bluetooth 4.1 Headset Noise Canceling Sports Headphones
€2.47 €9.90

^^^ Do not know if there any good but someone might like them?
14-04-2018, 01:39   #57
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp View Post
Looking for a pair of Bluetooth over ear headphones. Can anyone recommend a good pair for 30euro or less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffy View Post
Can anyone reccomend a Bluetooth set with good range? How far can i realistically expect to go before earphones begin to crackle?im sure i had a pair before that i got a good 40 feet from, while any set I've tried since struggle at 15 feet.

I generally only use them for podcasts too.

Just over €30 but only by €2 - The JBL T450BT (White) are on sale in Argos for €31.99 (Black pair are €49.99)
http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...3EJBL+T450.htm

I like them in white, but if you don't, it's Argos so you can bring them back for a refund within 7 days. (Black on Amazon)
I could not say the distance, but in the comments on amazon a few people mention that the wireless range is quite good.
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Bluetooth...ustomerReviews

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Lightwe...ustomerReviews
(2) thanks from:
14-04-2018, 10:06   #58
the corpo

I have the earlier iteration of these, Anker Soundbud Slims, and think they're absolutely fantastic. Bought a few as presents, and people are amazed how good they are.

Tempted to upgrade to this new version, but the current pair have served me so well, I'd feel disloyal.

http://amzn.eu/iD3o9km

Have an Anker bluetooth speaker as well, that's also brilliant, it's kind of baffling how good the stuff is for the money.
(3) thanks from:
14-04-2018, 13:49   #59
Banned

This post has been deleted.
17-04-2018, 20:30   #60
corkie

TicPods Free are affordable true wireless earbuds with touch controls from Mobvoi

[androidpolice] TicPods Free are affordable true wireless earbuds with touch controls from Mobvoi <<< Indiegogo

[Indiegogo] TicPods Free: most interactive wireless earbuds
Designed for life on the move, TicPods Free ensures your audio is clear and under your control.

$79 USD+ Shipping $129 (38% Off) TicPods Free Early-Bird
1109 out of 2000 claimed

^^^ In ear airbuds with Apple Airpods wing and look.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion