Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What happened to Abrakebabra?

• 07-07-2015 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Does anyone what happened to Abrekebabra. Thought it was just getting a makeover, but obviously no plans to reopen anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

The man who had the franchise didn't renew it so it closed, and that's about it really. They are looking for a new franchisee afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It was dead most of the time. Food was always nice and hot because it was cooked to order though. Used to be wedged years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dk1979

Hope someone takes it over - the food was good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Back in the day a kebab shop was something of a novelty in a town like Sligo and Abra had a niche all to itself. There has been something of a mini explosion in ethnic fast food restaurants over the past ten years and they just got lost in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I always think of Kian Egan and chuckle everytime I hear Abrakebra and Sligo mentioned in the same sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Back in the day a kebab shop was something of a novelty in a town like Sligo and Abra had a niche all to itself. There has been something of a mini explosion in ethnic fast food restaurants over the past ten years and they just got lost in the mix.

In fairness though, when the ethnic fast food restaurants arrived, so did proper kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll miss their taco chips... can't find another chipper in town that does spicy taco chips with chilli.

Robertos and Supermacs just throw taco sauce, cheese and regular mince onto chips. Not the same thing without the chilli kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭JTL

I always think of Kian Egan and chuckle everytime I hear Abrakebra and Sligo mentioned in the same sentence.

An embarrassing episode for Sligo town.

Advertisement