Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of house rewire?

• 17-04-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Anyone any indications as to what a rewire of a 3 bed period townhouse should cost...rough estimate??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Zipppy wrote: »
    Anyone any indications as to what a rewire of a 3 bed period townhouse should cost...rough estimate??

theres a few variables
    do a search on rewire

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

€3500

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Zipppy wrote: »

Impossible to guess without more information.
    Is the house occupied?
    Who supplies the light fittings?
    ESB meter to be moved to outside meter box?
    Wiring for an alarm system?
    Network cabling?
    How many TVs?
    Outdoor / garden lighting?
    Zone valves for central heating and how many?
    Number of lighting points per room?
    Who chases the walls?
    How much chasing is required?
    Is there furniture in the house?
    Wiring for surround sound?
    Brass sockets etc. as this is a period home?
    Outdoor socket ?
    Wire for wall mounted flat screen TV?
    Time frame?

.....and so on.

€3500 would not do much more than very, very basic!

3.5k will do a fair bit now the way things are gone

thats some questionnaire there 2011

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

M cebee wrote: »

Including VAT?

In a period home?:confused:

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »

Including VAT?

In a period home?:confused:

I thought you were excluding vat

There is nothing the OP said that would suggest to me that the house is owned by a VAT registered company.

If a member of the public asks what something costs, to me that means what will they have to pay i.e. the price must include all taxes.

However if a VAT registered company asks what something costs, I would think that means the price less VAT (as they can claim it back).

2011 wrote: »

There is nothing the OP said that would suggest to me that the house is owned by a VAT registered company.

If a member of the public asks what something costs, to me that means what will they have to pay i.e. the price must include all taxes.

However if a VAT registered company asks what something costs, I would think that means the price less VAT (as they can claim it back).

no problem
    I was joking anyway

Advertisement