Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitting your Teenager,Would you?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

My father was still hitting me across the head when I was 17. I'm the only girl, I have never seen him hit either of my brothers and they behaved far worse than me, my older brother punched and kicked me for no reason and trashed my room and never got in any trouble for it.

I still hate my father for it. He's a wimp, he is also one of the most racist and homophobic people I have ever met. He also has no friends.

If u dont mind me butting in, Sounds like ur father was a very angry person internally and as u seen quite the whimp as he didnt face the boys prolly cause he knew he would get his own face answered with force. Im very glad u are clever enough to identifyhis mistakes instead of copying them. woot! u rock ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

My father hit me when I was smaller and I hate him for it.

I'm a well behaved lad and that's because I wouldn't want my mother to be dissappointed in me and I don't want to dissappoint myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Is there a difference between 'hit' and 'smack' ? There is in my opinion. I would not hit my kids. To me, hitting is like self defence, or boxing, or seeting out to cause damage. A smack is a form of quick correction, an attention getter. Throwing a shovel, or step ladder, or any of that crap is wrong. Children need to know there are consequences to their actions, and somethimes they have to think about others, or the others they meet in later life will not have any problem in educating them!

I love my children, and they love me. But I have had to smack them on the bum or hand when they were younger, and I hope to God I never have to do it again as I always feel bad afterwards. But by goodness, kids can push a parents buttons! I think that the personality of a kid is well set by the time they are a teenager, so its too late for any form of physical correction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

My father was still hitting me across the head when I was 17. I'm the only girl, I have never seen him hit either of my brothers and they behaved far worse than me, my older brother punched and kicked me for no reason and trashed my room and never got in any trouble for it.

Sounds exactly the same as me. When i was younger my daddy took out all his anger on me and never touched my brothers at all.
    Although my story ended happily in a way. He took a heart attack and has been on medication ever since that has calmed him down and turned him into a reasonable person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

hittin your kids at any age is sick

If ye cant get results by talkin to em ye must be doin sumthin wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

#Elites wrote:
    err, if my dad fully hit me, i would hit him back...
    What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In answer to the OP, prepare to be hit back!

I'll get mad if I post anything else, violence never solves anything, thats why its against the law.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

Longfield wrote:
    In answer to the OP, prepare to be hit back!

I'll get mad if I post anything else, violence never solves anything, thats why its against the law.

watch out there. Im all against violence. but as for the occasional post here and there i do not advocate it really even if i say for example
    "get a philips screwdriver and stab the guy you can say you brought the screwdriver with you for self defense........ against robots"

Advertisement