Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

The money they pay to D'arcy (who's consistantly failed upwards) is a national flipping crime at this stage.

Claire Byrne's wages should have been cut after the disaster of the abortion referendum. Instead, she got a pay increase. (Someone on boards made a joke about her 'getting a payrise' after her complete and utter failure. Thought it was a funny joke, at the time. RTE must have took it seriously. She got a 30,000 grand increase...)

She's good looking though. At least I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

She's good looking though. At least I think so.

I'd imagine a shaven orangutan would look good on 250, 000 a year.

I'd imagine a shaven orangutan would look good on 250, 000 a year.

Joe Duffy and Ray Darcy don't. Neither do Miriam O'Callaghan or Ryan Tubridy or Brendan O'Connor. The list goes on.

Joe Duffy and Ray Darcy don't. Neither do Miriam O'Callaghan or Ryan Tubridy or Brendan O'Connor. The list goes on.

Miriam has a loyal fanbase of admirers. (Remember when she had her chatshow, the advert for it literally had one guy say 'I still would').

I never saw the attraction myself.

Miriam has a loyal fanbase of admirers. (Remember when she had her chatshow, the advert for it literally had one guy say 'I still would').

I never saw the attraction myself.

I doubt theres many blokes who want to get into Joe Duffy's knickers.

• Advertisement

I doubt theres many blokes who want to get into Joe Duffy's knickers.

LateMasculineCurassow-small.gif

...so this is what anorexia feels like...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Michael McIntyre.

He annoys me greatly. He's a stereotypical, insipid posh w*nker.

“Observational comedy” ie ****e comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ronan Mullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Claire Byrne's wages should have been cut after the disaster of the abortion referendum.

Cant remember this one, what did she do?

compassionate left and the angry, frustrated, right.

Never anger or frustration on the left, only compassion :pac:

• Advertisement

Cant remember this one, what did she do?

Essentially if Jerry Springer had run the abortion debate, it would have been more dignified.

https://www.hotpress.com/opinion/claire-byrne-live-leaves-people-furious-after-abortion-referendum-debate-turns-into-circus-22228584

RTE saw fit to pay her an additional 30-40 grand after that.

Brendan O Connor. He might seem to have mellowed in recent years but anyone who remembers him from Dont Feed The Gondolas in the late 90s will know what a boorish pr!ck he was . Tried to launch an unsuccessful career as a comedian by ripping off Dermot Morgans Fr Trendy character with that hip priest thing he did on Gondolas and then of course the ****e hed come out with in his Sindo column, rimming Bertie every week.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSasf2DvPOk-vu9hLmz8urvxdCzIxfUYDXT7w&usqp=CAU

Tbf, every media organisation, at the time, was happy to wipe Bertie's posterior with their tongues.

One of the few media organisations to not was TV3, at the time. They weren't greeted too warmly by the government, so retaliated.

For one thing, Berties speech gaff's were often 'edited' by RTE. They'd cut out the mispronunciations, or George Bush-isms that Ahern was prone to.
    TV3 wouldn't do that.

Gave a very different 'presentation' of Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

So my hatred was truly inexplicable, it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

yeah they're a great bunch, one of the best quizzes on tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭John arse

haha i used to like him but now he's feckin everywhere,starting to find him very contrived and fake,him and that bug-eyed son of his!he must be rolling in dosh though -never off the telly🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭cms88

I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sky King wrote: »
    Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.:rolleyes:

Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Sky King wrote: »
    Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.

I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
    Like they want to be elected Pope or something.
    Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.

She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
    She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I tried watching that RTE doc The Way We Were. I had to switch it off due to the inclusion of Joe Fecking Duffy and Ciara Kelly as talking heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

gTWS1U.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭Treppen

Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

gTWS1U.png

+
    Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.

:pac::pac::pac:

Oh the Irony of it all...

They'd make a great couple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

cms88 wrote: »
    I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.

I'll give you some stick so.

This state effectively gave her a death sentence. She had the courage to speak up for other victims. I'd value her opinion over pretty much all sitting in the government

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭TheDavester

I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
    Like they want to be elected Pope or something.

She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
    She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).

The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route

The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route

Oh O'Neill is genuinely disturbing...

HAs to live with her parents because she spends a FORTUNE on everything from naturopathy, to new age crystal therapy, among other crap.

I'd say even the media have gotten tired of her. She's seriously unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

razorblunt wrote: »
    Agreed.

"I refuse to attend weddings because I dislike them"

Loads of people hate attending weddings, but attend anyway out of basic manners. Get the fcuk over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Somebody who I’m unsure about is Davy Fitz.
    I’ve heard very mixed things about people who have had dealings with him.

Advertisement