Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Returning to Paper Billing?

• 23-02-2021 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

oap here who has to return to paper billing.  Could I get the t & c's of how this will operate please, for instance will it be on a yearly contract basis? will there be any discount for having dual accounts?
    etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just have the online billing deactivated (we can do that by private message here for you if you wish) and the billing delivery from then on will be postal. Nothing further is required. There is no discount for paper billing.

If you pay by direct debit though, you are in receipt of a dual fuel discount, and also contact the sales team for existing customers on freephone 1800 372 333 to see whether they can offer anything further.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Just have the online billing deactivated (we can do that by private message here for you if you wish) and the billing delivery from then on will be postal. Nothing further is required. There is no discount for paper billing.

If you pay by direct debit though, you are in receipt of a dual fuel discount, and also contact the sales team for existing customers on freephone 1800 372 333 to see whether they can offer anything further.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una thanks for that, can you tell me if I switch over to paper billing what will that cost me, I only switched to EI last october.

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your post. Only contact the sales team for existing customers when your contract ends.

Do you have electricity plus gas on direct debit with Electric Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Una

Hi danjo-xx,

Thanks for your post. Only contact the sales team for existing customers when your contract ends.

Do you have electricity plus gas on direct debit with Electric Ireland?

Thanks again,
    Una
    Yes I have  electricity plus gas on direct debit with Electric Ireland?

as I've had a stroke and cant manage online stuff anymore I need to go back to basics. I',m in my 70's

Hi danjo-xx,

Sorry to read it - we hope you are feeling better now, but sorry to read that it is stopping you from being able to avail of online billing.

With online billing, your discount is 8.5% off the units used on every bill for each energy supply.

Without online billing, your discount will slightly reduce - to 8%.

If you have further questions, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Hi danjo-xx,

Sorry to read it - we hope you are feeling better now, but sorry to read that it is stopping you from being able to avail of online billing.

With online billing, your discount is 8.5% off the units used on every bill for each energy supply.

Without online billing, your discount will slightly reduce - to 8%.

If you have further questions, do let us know.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una, can you confirm for me if this is the contract as applies to my accounts please.

Residential Electricity Supply Terms and ConditionsValid as at 13th October 2017 until further noticeApplication of General ConditionsThese are Our standard Conditions, as a residential customer You will be deemed to have accepted these Conditions and be bound by them from the time that You become a customer of Ours.

If not can someone email me a link to my account terms and conditions please.

Hi danjo-xx,

They are the first three links on the following list.

The only change for removing online billing is the discontinuation of the 0.5% bill saving.

Kind regards,
    Una

thanks Una I will have a look at those. It is not just on line billing I want removed but also I want to cancel direct debits asap.

Hi danjo-xx,

We must advise that direct debit is required for the 8% bill saving, and one of the terms for the switching bonus.

Also, if you were new to Electric Ireland when you registered last October ("new" is defined as last with Electric Ireland at least two years previously) the security deposit will automatically be applied to your account. If possible, we recommend keeping direct debit.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,
    Una

Una thanks for that it falls into line with what I would have expected. My apologies for not explaining my intentions more clearly in the first place.

Looks like my DD's will be here till next november anyway whatever about myself :D

Can you go ahead with this so... if it gives me a paper copy of my bills through the letterbox.

The only change for removing online billing is the discontinuation of the 0.5% bill saving.

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi danjo-xx,

No problem.

Just private message any of us reps the request to deactivate online billing, one of the Electric Ireland account numbers, the name, address, telephone number on the account, and state that you are the account-holder.

Thanks,
    Una

Advertisement