Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

THE RETRO HOME AND AWAY THREAD

Options
  • 02-10-2008 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

This is the thread for all home and away fans back to the early 90s,seems everyone watched it when i was in school,and even now its perfectly timed for half an hours lazy TV after coming in from work...

What characters can you remember?:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

isla fisher.

that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

who was the guy with a flop over fringe and a tiny tiny mouth, blew in with his sister

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Think that was Curtis! Shannons ( Isla Fisher) bro!

Great idea for a thread!
    I remember the ads for it starting on itv! Poppa and tom and all the kids introducing themselves!
    I'll still never get over Meg dying in Blakes arms on da beach!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Alf 'flamin' Stewart. Am nearly sure I once heard him declare (in heated defense of his aussie-ness) ) that he was a pie and peas Australian. Maybe somebody else can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Sophie...What was her real name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

her name was Rebekah Elmaloglou or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Ah Pippa and Frank - how I wanted to be fostered by them.

The original Pippa was the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Bobby! remember when she appeared out of the fridge (like you do) as a ghost like vision to Ailsa, was it? Poor aul Bobby:(
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I remember this chap was flirting with Pippa and Tom decking him in the surf club, great moment. He died of a heart attack in the show (original Tom). :/ Lane and Martin were great the first time around and joined the army. Lance brought the tank to the bay and ran over Ceila's bike. :D RTE 2 has been showing it since the start. Lots of memories of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Ah the good old days. 2 tv channels, 1 telly and we still managed to fight over what to watch!

Dad would come in and just switch over to the news and we'd act like our lives were about to end :D Cue 3 teenage girls and lots of "nooooooooo watch the 9 oclock news!!!"

Names, fishers long lost daughter...was it Bobbi? Morag the nasty auntie from hell type, and yup good old Alfie "good on ya mate". Always remember there being no pub? and "yabbey creek" seemed like a mighty place all together!

Lived and died for Summer bay back in the day.... cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i enjoyed watching sally "blossoming" into a young woman as i errr became a man. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I remember Megan and remember the big crack in Don Fishers house walls! And Tug, didn't he burn down Celia and Alfs Shop before they got the one with the turnstyles which Sally tried to defraud when she put weights into recycled cans bag to get more money before they moved the shop to a small convenience store model when the big one went bust. Who remembers Michael and Tom and Michael died in the usual flooding that Alf mobilises the surf club volunteers all the time. And someone got run down by a train. Damien was a vicar at some stage and Selina with the interesting shaped mouth! Oh the memories!!
    The first episode is on youtube btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

kerash wrote: »
    Bobby! remember when she appeared out of the fridge (like you do) as a ghost like vision to Ailsa, was it? Poor aul Bobby:(
    :D

That scared the living **** out of me back then. I was afraid to be left alone in the kitchen for weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

NAGGIE03 wrote: »
    her name was Rebekah Elmaloglou or something like that!

I was a Sophie fan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭transylman

MooseJam wrote: »
    who was the guy with a flop over fringe and a tiny tiny mouth, blew in with his sister

Think it was Blake, but then they did reuse storylines every couple of years

http://www.homeandaway.utvinternet.com/Profiles/Blake.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

transylman wrote: »
    Think it was Blake, but then they did reuse storylines every couple of years

http://www.homeandaway.utvinternet.com/Profiles/Blake.htm

yeah that was him, used to do my head in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

remeber when irene first came into the show as the alcho with tight bleached blonde hair?

wasn't she the mother of damien, the guy who went on to play mouse in the matrix??

yea she was one of the biggest turnarounds from bad to good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Estella

Is Alf " flamin gaalas" Stewart still in it/alive ?

Pippa getting a new head and no one noticing was a standout story line for me.
    Ah... it was great though, 30 mins of sunkissed TV, before sitting down to do your homework in rain sodden Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Wasn't tug the bad boy in it, he once drank salt water before going to school to make himself sick, half the lads in my town then tried this a week later - :D Priceless. The lads in my town use to say they were going to do a "tugster" to get out of school. So cool!

Just found this! Classic

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=jtO8V8b1Ns8&feature=related

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

To this day my older brother still calls me "The Summer Bay Nutter"
    Anybody else remember that storyline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He was the headmaster before Don Fisher (Flathead :D), went around leaving creepy notes and other nonsense. He wasn't well in the head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Estella wrote: »
    Is Alf " flamin gaalas" Stewart still in it/alive ?

Pippa getting a new head and no one noticing was a standout story line for me.
    Ah... it was great though, 30 mins of sunkissed TV, before sitting down to do your homework in rain sodden Ireland.

Episodes were around 22 minutes actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'Blake' reappeared on Aussie TV recently playing a complete psycho in 'Underbelly' - he was surprisingly good.
    fpp_underbelly.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

spurious wrote: »
    'Blake' reappeared on Aussie TV recently playing a complete psycho in 'Underbelly' - he was surprisingly good.
    fpp_underbelly.jpg

was there any reference to him being in Home and Away in Underbelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

The Master wrote: »
    To this day my older brother still calls me "The Summer Bay Nutter"
    Anybody else remember that storyline?
    Ruu wrote: »
    He was the headmaster before Don Fisher (Flathead :D), went around leaving creepy notes and other nonsense. He wasn't well in the head.

I think he started some fires as well. He was an old guy, no idea of the name.

Remember Fisher's son Alan. Oh My God we looooooved him!!!
    He died of a brain aneurysm. Even to this day, when I hear that word I always think of Alan Fisher LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Ahh - forget most of it watching it at 6-30 (i think) each evening on RTE 2 aka Network2 was my life..
    Marylin fishers wife is now in emaerdale. When they changed pippa to an actress who vaguely resembled her lost the faith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Sophie was the best....had a massive crush on her when I was a young lad

Sophie1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I remember the actor who played Pippa changed. One week she's Pippa, next week she is some other one.. They acted as if it was just the same person. I remember being really confused by this.

Also, that little blondy guy Sam. What happened to him?

Advertisement