Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2nd hand clothes

Options
  • 13-02-2021 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

With the charity shops being closed for months I wonder does anyone know how to access second hand kids clothes ( boys and girls in various sizes) online...Tried adverts and Donedeal but it seems sellers put up their prices as there is probably a higher demand now?
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

With the charity shops being closed for months I wonder does anyone know how to access second hand kids clothes ( boys and girls in various sizes) online...Tried adverts and Donedeal but it seems sellers put up their prices as there is probably a higher demand now?
    Thank you

If you're on FB join local area groups.
    Im always seeing posters offering bags of kids clothing free for collection... lots of people asking for stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭mrbrightside11

Definitely check out “Free cycle” Facebook groups for your area

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Another vote here for Facebook free pages. I get rid of all my kids clothes there and often pick up bits for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There's also the freecycle website.

Its actually a worldwide thing but there are local groups, of course; the Dublin one is very active.

You sign up, and you can choose that they send you an email once a day with latest offers/updates.

Join here, choose your area: https://www.freecycle.org/browse/ie/ireland

Children's clothes are very often offered - all free - for contactless collection, these days, usually.

I've got loads of great stuff off Freecycle. And from the facebook groups too - there is even one for my local suburb.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Loyal Lady

Facebook and freecycle are great recommendations. People are remarkably generous. Friend’s baby had to wear a special brace for her hips. Lady (in another county) dropped off special clothes and equipment to a local shop for collection. There’s something really nice about getting much loved secondhand baby clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

There are several Facebook groups that offer second-hand clothes. Please conduct a customized research with your location and other details and you would find the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Charity shops are using https://www.thriftify.ie/ for online sales. I’ve bought some stuff for myself. There isn’t a lot of kids stuff but they are adding stuff all the time.

I’ve also bought stuff from https://community-aid-thrift-shop.myshopify.com/ and they have nice kids stuff too.

Advertisement