Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for renewing old Tamiya F1 models.

• 02-04-2020 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

I'm wondering how well old Tamiya decals would take to a setting fluid (Microsol?). Some of them are sticking up on the tyres and on the chassis on unfinished models. I've been reading various other forums trying to get a firm idea of what I may be able to do.

As I mentioned, I never got round to finishing a couple of models and I didn't do a great job with the clear coat on some others. Would they be up to taking a clear coat after 15 or 20 years? The models have been displayed/stored relatively air-tight, out of direct sunlight and have little or no discolouration.

I probably didn't do the best job on a number of them at the time, so I would like to see if I could bring them up to par with the time I have now.

Cheers.

Comments

"Reach out. " : to the likes of modelling groups on facebook like the IPMS - I'm a facebook member and paid up subscriber too but don't attend that many meets.

facebook is your friend here.

I have a bottle of HUMBROL decal softner.

Speaking personally, I have a 20 year old decal sheet that still looks fine for an Hasegawa 1.200 airliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vulcan01

Maybe use Johnsons Floor polish to 'stick' then back down without risking them breaking apart? Matt over it then.

Advertisement