Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Want to Learn

• 05-03-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭

I want to learn Italian. I'm in Waterford.
    Help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I'm Italian, I live in Italy.
    I could help you if you tell how you want to proceed.
    I'd like to point out that I'm no teacher, but of course I think I know my language well :D
    PM me if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Hi, I have some time on my hands to 'teach' myself, but would also like advise on any good nighttime courses available in Waterford. I suspect that you wont be able to assist me with the latter bit !

Anyway, I have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michel-Thomas-Foundation-Course-Italian/dp/0340938943 on MP3 files, and worked thru a bit of it before getting distracted.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Hi :)
    Yes, I think I am a bit too far from you... ;)
    Did you find the CD course good? And, if I can ask, what distracted you? I mean, something happened and you forgot what you learned?

Italian is a rather unfriendly language, many Italians have difficulties in writing in their own language. The easy part is that the sounds of letters are always known and there are no hidden tricks in the pronounciation, but the grammar rules are weird and I agree that sometimes they may be misleading to a foreign ear.

Anyway, if you have any doubt I am here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've started learning Italian myself recently and am finding it difficult. I have two one on one 75 minute classes a week and do numerous language exchanges with native speakers which I would highly recommend.

I have also taken to learning Italian songs, I find it helps with my pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deni21

Where and how much please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Enry81

Hello everyone!
    My name is Enrico, I'm Italian and I'm living in Waterford city center. I can help with Italian.

Advertisement