Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Polish Language Classes In Dublin?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Not Dublin but still worth mentioning - Polish classes in Cork:
    773718_409070969125156_1382423534_o.jpg
    We are pleased to announce that bookings are now being taken for a Polish language course.
    All nationalities welcome!
    The course is aimed at introducing participants to the basics of Polish, including vocabulary and phrases that might prove handy whether you are planning a city break, business trip or meeting your in-laws in Poland!
    Friendly, stress-free atmosphere and professional tuition guaranteed.

Cost is only € 85 for a 10-week course.
    The classes will commence on 21st February @ 6PM.
    Deposits are taken (€20) to book your place as places are limited to 12 people only.
    Course will be held on Thursdays between 6-7 pm, at "Together-Razem",17 George's Quay in Cork City.

To find out more, please email: info@together-razem.org, or call:
    085 169 14 02 or 086 323 11 84.
    http://www.facebook.com/together.razem

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NiaDublin

MagliaRosa wrote: »
    As others said more expensive than other schools but the quality for money is excellent. Courses start next week so it is best to register as soon as you can.
    http://www.tcd.ie/Russian/evening-courses/

Just for an update in case anybody is looking for feedback on this, I am attending n the Polish Course at TCD and I'm very glad I joined. The teacher is good and the classes are fun. I'm definitely learning ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I am thinking of doing the Polish for beginners’ course in TCD and wonder how people find it?

Is it suitable for absolute beginners?

Is there homework / assignments or what sort of number of hours would one be expected to do outside the class?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a few years since I did it, but yes, it's suitable for absolute beginners. We used to get homework that would take about half an hour or maybe an hour at first to do, but as we got more proficient, the time got less.
    The homework is good though as it's a while between lessons otherwise.

We used the book "Czesc jak sie masz? Spotkamy sie w Polsce" which was very good. Well laid out and easy to follow. I don't know if they still use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NiaDublin

hooplah wrote: »
    I am thinking of doing the Polish for beginners’ course in TCD and wonder how people find it?

Is it suitable for absolute beginners?

Is there homework / assignments or what sort of number of hours would one be expected to do outside the class?

I attended these classes last year and the course was for absolute beginners.
    I think the number of hours you'll have to study outside the course really depend on you and how quick you are at learning. I'd say that the homework usually consisted of 4 or 5 exercises, plus of course you'll have to go through the grammar concepts and vocabulary explained during the lessons to make sure you understand/remember them. That's the minimum, then you can do more if you have spare time.
    It was a good class, I really enjoyed it. The teacher was very well prepared and had a good method, I had fun. I'll rejoin again the next level this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement