Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zalando

Options
  • 04-02-2021 9:48am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve got on board with Zalando as an alternative to ASOS in light of brexit, but I’m having the same issues with it as I did with ASOS - namely, there’s too much stuff on it! I like to browse dresses, for instance, but even refining by style still leaves thousands of items and I can’t wade through them all without it feeling like a chore. I don’t have particular brand loyalty either, so it’s no use to refine by brand.

Any shopping tips that you use to navigate sprawling sites like that?

(Also, is there tracking on orders? I’m waiting on two orders that were shipped at the weekend, but I can’t see any tracking info anywhere.)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

There's so much on Zalando :eek: My usual filters are size and pricing (set max but also set a min sometimes). They need to do a better brand filter like Asos - you can select to show all brands and then untick the ones you don't want. I'm not particularly brand loyal either but I know that River Island shoes never fit me, or Pull & Bear jeans don't suit me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It’s nuts! I’ve just refined to “shirt dress, size 12, €32-€99” and there are 696 results :eek:. 1735 shirt dresses without other filters!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't browse Zaland or Asos unless I'm looking for something very specific. For example Veja runners or when I was buying boots I filtered by size, height of heel and platform, colour, material and price. If I'm just browsing I go to brand websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Like meeeh, I'd only look on it if I had at least a general idea what I wanted. I think it helps somewhat if you do go through all the filters and exclude the things you know you don't like/want. So for example, I was looking for a jumper last week for lounging around. I went into specialty sizes and selected only standard and petite because I didn't want the tall, maternity, or plus stuff coming up; chose all colours except black, red, and pink; chose "normal" and "short" for the jumper and sleeve length, to exclude extra long/three quarter length, and so on. I'd admit that it helps that I'm fussy about fabric, so being able to choose specific materials is something I find really useful. It's time consuming to go through all the filter options, and I do have to have an initial idea of what I want/like, but that's the only way I can avoid being overwhelmed by choice.

And yep, there is tracking on orders - I got an email last week with a link to the tracking, or there's a button for tracking at the bottom of the website/webpage on the right hand side (under where it says help and contact). I think it took maybe two days for my tracking to show up, but my parcel is (allegedly) in Ireland now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Zalando is like the stock market - the prices fluctuate so much day to day...e.g. I bought a suede jacket on Black Fri week for 50ish - its 130 now.

You really need to watch if you want something.

Tip is to add to basket on the app and they will email you when the price drops!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I love Zalando and have been buying from them for quite some time now... I actually prefer them to ASOS

In terms of filtering, I usually do what others suggested above. For instance, a while back I was looking for a long camel coat (which I still haven’t purchased, but I digress...!). So I looked up camel coat, selected the size filters (M/12/ regular fit)..selected preferable materials, etc.

Their repository is vast... so if you spot something, always save it to your wish list and/or basket as ams suggested... I’ve been stung before by holding off buying a pair of reduced jeans that suddenly jumped back up to full price...

I sometimes refer to their Get The Look section which can be useful.

Also free returns via An Post is a major bonus!

Advertisement