15-05-2020, 10:18   #16
Savage_Henry

Couldnt go due to this virus situation. But ill go when restrictions are lifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_v View Post
How did this go for you?
Would you recommend them? What exact procedure did you get? I’ve been told it’s the lens replacement I need so looking to that that. Very informative reading in this thread!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-05-2020, 12:43   #17
clarenman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Henry View Post
Couldnt go due to this virus situation. But ill go when restrictions are lifted.
Got CLE . gone from-14 to-2 which is very good for me.
No problems so far.

Eyesight is very good.
Duoviz are an amazing experience.
Hope this helps.
Thanks from:
16-05-2020, 21:25   #18
bono_v

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenman View Post
Got CLE . gone from-14 to-2 which is very good for me.
No problems so far.

Eyesight is very good.
Duoviz are an amazing experience.
Hope this helps.
What was the overall cost in the end? Think I’m going to have to give duoviz a ring from what I’m hearing.any maintainable or check ups needed?
16-05-2020, 21:48   #19
clarenman

Quote:
What was the overall cost in the end? Think I’m going to have to give duoviz a ring from what I’m hearing.any maintainable or check ups needed?
Cost for CLE procedure 1500€ including laser assisted surgery
GP test about 100€
Flights about 150€
Very nice hotel 500€
VIP service ( pick up and drop off to the airport and hotel for surgery) 90€
And a lovely holiday to boot

Well worth it
Thanks from:
16-05-2020, 23:30   #20
bono_v

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenman View Post
Cost for CLE procedure 1500€ including laser assisted surgery
GP test about 100€
Flights about 150€
Very nice hotel 500€
VIP service ( pick up and drop off to the airport and hotel for surgery) 90€
And a lovely holiday to boot

Well worth it
Wow €1500 for both eyes? That sounds too good to be true!!!. Did you sort accommodation yourself or do they give you recommended accommodation to choose from. Thanks fir the info it’s very much appreciated.
Advertisement
17-05-2020, 10:08   #21
clarenman

Quote:
Wow €1500 for both eyes? That sounds too good to be true!!!. Did you sort accommodation yourself or do they give you recommended accommodation to choose from. Thanks fir the info it’s very much appreciated.
1500 for 1 eye...... I have a detached retina in the other eye and nothing can be done about it
14-01-2021, 09:46   #22
Lelila

Hi everyone. I've just come upon this thread & thought I'd add my experience. I also went to Prague in 2017. I used Duovize too. I hadn't had any recommendations - just found the Praga Medica website/facebook page & people's reviews. I certainly don't regret it. I only wished I'd done it earlier. I wasn't eligible for laser treatment as my eyesight was too bad (-9), so I had phakic lens insertion - they basically insert a permanent lens into your eye, which is very similar to cataract treatment. I can't remember the exact cost, but I do know that including 2 trips - flights & accommodation (I had to go there twice as my lenses weren't in stock & had to be ordered) and treatment, it worked out at half the price it would have cost me in Ireland. I went on my own both times. I could have paid a bit more for them to arrange accommodation & to get someone to meet me at the airport & take me around, but I did it myself instead. It was very easy to get from the airport into town & I booked an AirBnB near the clinic, which was ridiculously cheap. I had a great holiday! Would highly recommend it. My eyesight was 20/20 when I had it tested back in Ireland and I've never had any problems with it at all.
Thanks from:
14-01-2021, 19:37   #23
X6.430macman

It's great that you had a good experience! I'm curious as to how aftercare works when going abroad as even the little things like the language barrier would be an issue. My biggest concern would be running into complications as I'm pretty sure it's a heck of a lot harder deal with a company that far away as opposed to in your hole country
19-01-2021, 14:19   #24
bono_v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelila View Post
Hi everyone. I've just come upon this thread & thought I'd add my experience. I also went to Prague in 2017. I used Duovize too. I hadn't had any recommendations - just found the Praga Medica website/facebook page & people's reviews. I certainly don't regret it. I only wished I'd done it earlier. I wasn't eligible for laser treatment as my eyesight was too bad (-9), so I had phakic lens insertion - they basically insert a permanent lens into your eye, which is very similar to cataract treatment. I can't remember the exact cost, but I do know that including 2 trips - flights & accommodation (I had to go there twice as my lenses weren't in stock & had to be ordered) and treatment, it worked out at half the price it would have cost me in Ireland. I went on my own both times. I could have paid a bit more for them to arrange accommodation & to get someone to meet me at the airport & take me around, but I did it myself instead. It was very easy to get from the airport into town & I booked an AirBnB near the clinic, which was ridiculously cheap. I had a great holiday! Would highly recommend it. My eyesight was 20/20 when I had it tested back in Ireland and I've never had any problems with it at all.
Very good to hear. Once pandemic is over I'll be giving them a shout. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 17:35   #25
Lelila

Quote:
Originally Posted by X6.430macman View Post
It's great that you had a good experience! I'm curious as to how aftercare works when going abroad as even the little things like the language barrier would be an issue. My biggest concern would be running into complications as I'm pretty sure it's a heck of a lot harder deal with a company that far away as opposed to in your hole country
They provided a translator for the whole time I was at the clinic (even though I didn't pay for the extra package), so there were no language issues. If I remember correctly, some of the medical staff spoke good English too, so didn't need a translator. They said I could go back for follow up appointments, including one a year later, for free, but I didn't need to so I didn't look into it.

Last edited by Lelila; 19-01-2021 at 17:42.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 17:40   #26
Lelila

Quote:
Very good to hear. Once pandemic is over I'll be giving them a shout. How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking?
I've just looked it up. I paid €1,200 per eye for the lens implant. That was in 2017. I think lens implants are a lot more expensive than laser surgery, but it was the best option for me. I think the prices are listed on the Praga Medica website, but I could be wrong, and perhaps it depends on each individual's circumstances.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion