Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Mion for Blackrock

Relative of Jonny? One of the very few men to have lifted the cup twice as captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Relative of Jonny? One of the very few men to have lifted the cup twice as captain.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Gonzaga beat KH at Senior and Junior today, both bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 southsea

IN junior Castlenock beat bray 47 -18 gerards beat HS 41-0 and Roscrea beat Wesley 57-5 the first two I understand but the beating Roscrea gave Wesley is amazing when you consider the two teams previsious results in this section is Roscrea stronger than I thought as no team in this section put more than 35 points on Wesley thats when they lost 35-0 to castlenock before today are we looking at another JCT force as i thought Wesley had a good chance beating Roscrea today

southsea wrote: »
    IN junior Castlenock beat bray 47 -18 gerards beat HS 41-0 and Roscrea beat Wesley 57-5 the first two I understand but the beating Roscrea gave Wesley is amazing when you consider the two teams previsious results in this section is Roscrea stronger than I thought as no team in this section put more than 35 points on Wesley thats when they lost 35-0 to castlenock before today are we looking at another JCT force as i thought Wesley had a good chance beating Roscrea today

Have Roscrea played Castleknock yet, and if so what was the score? From what I've heard Castleknock seem to be the only "JCT force" emerging from the league this year. What have their results been like against non-league teams?

• Advertisement

Agree Castlenock seem to be a real force they beat Roscrea by 55 -3 in first game
    Castlenock only beat Newbridge by 1 point Newbridge beat Roscrea by 10 points the bridge beat bray by 30 -3 nock beat bray 41 -18 today heres the catch Roscrea beat bray 32-7 which is comprable to both the bridge and nock score against bray and today they destroy Wesley 57-5 are they holding cards close to their chest until JCT as before I took Bray result as a once off and was sure Wesley and them were near enough at same level so I assumed a close match going on past games I rate Newbridge & Castlenock very highly but am confused with The Roscrea team as hammering Bray & Wesley by this amount must mean they are a real force.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭TheKeenMachine

Agree Castlenock seem to be a real force they beat Roscrea by 55 -3 in first game
    Castlenock only beat Newbridge by 1 point Newbridge beat Roscrea by 10 points the bridge beat bray by 30 -3 nock beat bray 41 -18 today heres the catch Roscrea beat bray 32-7 which is comprable to both the bridge and nock score against bray and today they destroy Wesley 57-5 are they holding cards close to their chest until JCT as before I took Bray result as a once off and was sure Wesley and them were near enough at same level so I assumed a close match going on past games I rate Newbridge & Castlenock very highly but am confused with The Roscrea team as hammering Bray & Wesley by this amount must mean they are a real force.

Not to play down Roscrea's achievement, but the long trip down is a 20 point swing, or at least was whenever I played down there.

You have a point its a long old trip

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fitz78

Have Roscrea played Castleknock yet, and if so what was the score? From what I've heard Castleknock seem to be the only "JCT force" emerging from the league this year. What have their results been like against non-league teams?

I wouldn't count out CBC JCT they've 25 points from 25 and are serious team with the Irish Football U17s captain at 13 who is a great player pity he's off to sunderland next year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ar_14

'Michaels beat Clongowes in JCT today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

Ar_14 wrote: »
    'Michaels beat Clongowes in JCT today

What was the score?

How have these teams fared against the non-league schools?

fitz78 wrote: »
    I wouldn't count out CBC JCT they've 25 points from 25 and are serious team with the Irish Football U17s captain at 13 who is a great player pity he's off to sunderland next year

That is a pity indeed. What's his name? Was he on the team last year? My understanding is there are a good few players back from last years team.

It's hard to convince a lad who probably only picked rugby up a couple of years ago to stick around for an education and potential rugby career when you have the chance of a Premier League club coming at you.

How have these teams fared against the non-league schools?

Newbridge have beaten St Marys and Ardscóil Rís.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Anyone else hear about the injury crisis with St. Michaels at the moment. Was told they're missing over 25 players due to injuries. That's outrageous if it's actually true. Anyone with links to Michaels know if this is true ? Think they play Blackrock Saturday week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear about the injury crisis with St. Michaels at the moment. Was told they're missing over 25 players due to injuries. That's outrageous if it's actually true. Anyone with links to Michaels know if this is true ? Think they play Blackrock Saturday week as well.

No. And I seem to remember a similar story about them being circulated this time last year-trouble in the camp, injury crisis etc. It didnt seem to affect them too much come cup time..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

Quint2010 wrote: »
    No. And I seem to remember a similar story about them being circulated this time last year-trouble in the camp, injury crisis etc. It didnt seem to affect them too much come cup time..

ah every team always seems to carry upwards of 10 first team injuries during the year

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slackers88

CBC GONZGA Kings hosptial with Kilkenny or Andrews for final quarter final spot in section B Andrews are stronger than Kilkenny if they get through they beat Kilkenny well in recent league match. Also Gonzga have the best rugby player in this section in their fowards if his teammates step up then could be a force in JCT.In section A Castlenock Newbridge Gerards top three the Wesley Roscrea match to decide who finishes fourth that said Roscrea have the class player in Section A in their Fowards so Wesley will be up against it.
    Absolute rubbish gerards only picked up there first points yesterday. Wesley have to better pres brays result next week as pres beat wesley so if they tie on points pres go through. Pres are likely to beat gerards and go through 4th

Gearards have won 3 games out of five and are on 16 points so are already through Wesley are on 9 points after 5 games are in fifth Bray are in 6th on five points have to still play Gearards Roscrea are in fourth on 10 points have a game left against HS. Wesley have alresdy beaten Bray 14 -10 and Gearards have beaten Wesley 34-12 maybe Bray can beat gearards with a bonus point with take them to 10 points if Wesley lose their game and not get bonus they would go above Wesley but since Roscrea beat Bray 32-7 they cannot go to fourth .If Wesley win and Roscrea lose Wesley can go through but I think it will be Roscrea as they are starting to look very strong in their last game they beat Wesley 57-5 hope that helps.

Thats the Junior league I was talking about. Senior Bray will beat Gearards and will go through to the quarters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rozzer123

heard chris duignan is getting called up to the roscrea 1st team for castleknock match after a terrific display of bravery in a hurling match today .. who says the two sports dont interlink

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Yes there is a serious amount of injuries at the moment. Don't think it's 25 mind you but it's more than you'd want. Still though come cup time everyone should be in good condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Watched rock v nure jct today. Rock were in the ascendancy by a mile. Things can change as we all know come cup time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TtomRedCM

Bearcat wrote: »
    Watched rock v nure jct today. Rock were in the ascendancy by a mile. Things can change as we all know come cup time.

What was the score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

TtomRedCM wrote: »
    What was the score?

I left at 17/0 .? towards the end.

Any senior results from this weekend? Mary's Terenure?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Any senior results from this weekend? Mary's Terenure?
    Terenure won 25 6

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Blackrock play St. Michaels in Michaels this Saturday. Always a fantastic game to watch, and there's been some real classics between the two schools in the last couple of years. When's the draw made ?

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Terenure won 25 6

Was it a full team out? Any injuries?
    Blackrock play St. Michaels in Michaels this Saturday. Always a fantastic game to watch, and there's been some real classics between the two schools in the last couple of years. When's the draw made ?

The draw is usually made around the 7th December when they know who has qualified from the league. Tony Ward had a piece about it yesterday and a draw after each round being made is going ahead but the idea of night matches is on ice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Was it a full team out? Any injuries?

There were a few of the usual starters missing and both Billy Dardis and Rob Lawlor went off injured early on although Lawlor came back on towards the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement