Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing UPC Router Net Access (Cisco EPC2425)

• 11-10-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I've been trying to access my routers net access settings (I think thats what it's called) to turn wireless off on my UPC broadband.
    The router is a Cisco EPC2425 and was issued to me by UPC when I signed up to their service.
    I have tried many variations of 192.168.XXX including:

192.168.1.1 (UPC Guide)
    192.168.0.1 (Cisco Manual)
    192.168.100.1 (Found on a boards.ie post)

Still though I can't access the preferences to the Router.
    If it helps anyone i'm on a Mac with 10.5 Leopard.

Thanks.
    -bvid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

bvid wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've been trying to access my routers net access settings (I think thats what it's called) to turn wireless off on my UPC broadband.
    The router is a Cisco EPC2425 and was issued to me by UPC when I signed up to their service.
    I have tried many variations of 192.168.XXX including:

192.168.1.1 (UPC Guide)
    192.168.0.1 (Cisco Manual)
    192.168.100.1 (Found on a boards.ie post)

Still though I can't access the preferences to the Router.
    If it helps anyone i'm on a Mac with 10.5 Leopard.

Thanks.
    -bvid

Need to do the same thing myself. Just got UPC broadband ( slightly off topic but so far its amazing ) and need to reset the default wireless key. The router should be available by opening up 192.168.1.1 but for some reason that isnt working. I can telnet to that address on port 80 so it should be working. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bvid

anbrutog wrote: »
    Any ideas??
    Sorry but no. In my case I want to access it to turn off the wireless...
    I might try and ring UPC tomorrow but their wait times for customer service are horrendous! :mad:

Please post if you figure this one out.

-bvid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Reboot your modem and try again.
    It should be 192.168.1.1

It'll ask you for a username and password, and you just leave them blank.

If not you'll hae to ring them I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

on your Mac, if you check the network settings in system properties it should tell you the IP address of your router. on a windows PC is is listed as the default gateway, but i'm pretty sure it's just listed as 'router' in the network settings in OSX.

that's the address you need anyway, it's normally 192.168.1.1 but it can be any one of a number of options depending on how it's been set up. seems unusual that it would be set up differently, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bvid

_Sidhe_ wrote: »
    Reboot your modem and try again.
    It should be 192.168.1.1

It'll ask you for a username and password, and you just leave them blank.

If not you'll hae to ring them I guess.

Sidhe your a lifesaver! Never thought to reboot the modem. It worked perfect after that. Thanks guys for your input.

-bvid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

I have found the modem to be flaky in that respect - sometimes it does not respond to the http://192.168.1.1 request and I have to restart it.

Is this typical of this hardware or is it indicative of a different problem I (and the OP) should be investigating ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

Has anyone got the upc one for a thomson modem, the installer said it was 192.168.101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

horse7 wrote: »
    Has anyone got the upc one for a thomson modem, the installer said it was 192.168.101
    Try 192.168.0.1 Leave username blank & password is admin

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Try 192.168.0.1 Leave username blank & password is admin

Have just tried logging in with your instructions,but with no luck.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Have just tried logging in with your instructions,but with no luck.:confused:

If it's the TC 7200 try the same address with admin as both login & password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Dave..M wrote: »
    If it's the TC 7200 try the same address with admin as both login & password.

Thanks a lot,that gave me access:D

Advertisement