Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ana Kriegel - Boys A & B found guilty [Mod: Do NOT post identifying information]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Those court reports from the trial were horrendous, like a horror film

that poor innocent girl

I hope those pair of twisted b@stards get a nice welcome in Oberstown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Only seemed one verdict possible. At least Ana and her parents got justice there.

Not sure about that. There was no forensic evidence connecting Boy B to the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

What was galling was the parents of these two by their side at court and both pleading not guilty.

The dishwater weak school councillor is as bad

The counsellor said she did not press him on what the mess was as she felt it was not her role to investigate and she was there to support the student.

As the counsellor and Boy B were finishing their conversation, they spoke about Ana once more.

Boy B told her a theory about what might have happened to her, the court heard.

The counsellor said Boy B suggested that “perhaps the men who had attacked Boy A may have taken or kidnapped Ana”.

When it came to it they probably saw Ana as an outsider compared to their two fine little murderers. You get that sort of thing

RIP Ana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Justice, thank god

What kind of sentencing is available to the judge against these 2 cretins now?

Can they ever be named? - is this something the judge could potentially decide? Or is there a constitutional barring?

Similar case in Scotland recently, judge decided to name the killer

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47330774

Murder is a mandatory life sentence. These boys were tried as adults so that's what they will get. With good behavior in prison they will most likely be paroled in 2029

As for them ever being named publicly, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Muller1991

I hope the family can now get some sense of closure from all of this, Glad the trial didn't drag any longer , Can they be named when they turn 18 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Their parents have something to answer for in terms of destroying evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Grayson wrote: »
    Probably never. Despite what they did they are children.

Killers are killers.
    They knowingly took the life of an innocent young girl.
    At least one of them raped her and this was someone they knew.

And like some other killers under the age of 18 according to some one has the mindset to strike again.
    Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    If Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were pictured and named as James Bulger's killers, will this happen in Ireland?

They were only ten

Another two scumbags.
    They were tried as adults.

They'll get life, as is mandatory.

Life is about 16 years and it will be less for these two minors.

What sickened me was the closing arguments of their counsels.
    You would swear they were the fooking victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

copeyhagen wrote: »
    no, the parents knew they were guilty and allowed the bad legal advice to them both of pleading not guilty

And made it even worse for the victims fanily.

Scum of the worst order and I include the parents

in that. They seemed to think the jury would fall for their scum sons complete bullsh1t LIES

Shame is all i can say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Gael23 wrote: »
    What sentences will they get as minors?

They were tried as adults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Severely bullied in school.

That angers me no end too.

Other kids involved in making her life a misery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Will they be named?
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Nah, never.

People from the locality know who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

Maybe we could all learn something from this?

If we know of a kid who's being ostracized, bullied, left out, considered weird we could try to encourage our own kids to get to know them, we could include them in invites, play etc.

This poor kid. I hope there is another life on some distant planet and she rocks there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Bit harsh to be fair.

No it’s not .... the reason they pleaded not guilty is they wouldn’t benefit either way .. it would be life sentences either way.
    The right thing for those lads parents is to get their sons to own up to what they did and plead guilty !! They didn’t. So beechwood is right imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

What was galling was the parents of these two by their side at court and both pleading not guilty.

They were their sons someday you will realise the strength of the parent offspring bond.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Wombatman wrote: »
    Not sure about that. There was no forensic evidence connecting Boy B to the scene.

Maybe, but that wasn't needed.
    Pretty sure judge said jury needed to be sure he lured her there was enough?

I'm sure there's going to be a lot more unadmissable evidence that will come to light over the coming days that will shock further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Hopefully they never see the outside world again, you can't cure that level of evil.

They'll be back out on the streets by their early 20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Murder is a mandatory life sentence. These boys were tried as adults so that's what they will get. With good behavior in prison they will most likely be paroled in 2029

They'll be out before that. Probably by the time they are 21 so I'm guessing they'll be out in about 6 years.

I hope I'm wildly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

They'll be out before their 21st birthdays I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Bad enough to have murdered her but to add insult they lied through their feet. Awful to have put the parents through such terrible trial

Shame on the parents of these scum

God help you if your child ever commits a heinous crime. While how one is raised is definitely a factor in how they end up, to blame the parents for their sons committing an act of murder is totally unfair. Plenty of murderers and criminals were raised in good homes with loving parents.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Muller1991 wrote: »
    I hope the family can now get some sense of closure from all of this, Glad the trial didn't drag any longer , Can they be named when they turn 18 ?

I'd say the real grieving can only begin now.

Rest in peace Ana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

The verdict was never in doubt, the question is whether anna and her parents get justice for her death now, we don't have a death penalty so the only thing for these two is to remain in prison for the rest of their lives which sadly in this country probably wont happen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

We don't know all of the details of these boys' background yet. That's a bit unfair.

Yeah you are right but there was a really odd story that came out from boy B"s father's testimony.

The gardai came to the door of boy B the day after Ana's disappearance. The father had returned from work at 5 and the Gardai knocked at the door at 8. The mother and boy B talked to the gardai on the doorstep. The father passed them in the hall,at 9 noted his son and wife were still talking to the gards about Ana. He didn't stop to listen and went straight up to bed and went to sleep.
    In the morning he had a brief conversation about it with his wife.

Now that is a sign of some pretty sh1tty parenting skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭elli21

I am absolutely elated at the verdict.

What absolutely broke my heart was when Ana’s mother said that she knew something was wrong when she came home and learned that Ana had gone out with two boys, because in all the years of her life no one had ever called for her, no one had ever knocked in to ask her to play and she had no friends. The poor, poor girl.

Seeing her happy, smiley and absolutely beautiful face in all of the coverage has been just tragic. The whole thing just seems so absolutely senseless and pointless.
    What an absolute waste of three young lives.

Depressing to think that such young teenagers could be behind such brutality.

I think the prosecution summed it up well when they said in closing argument;
    “Boy A was like a child caught eating biscuits, with chocolate all around his mouth still insisting “no it wasn’t me”
    I would say the delay in deliberations was mostly due to boy B.

I don’t think I’ve ever willed a verdict to be the correct one as much as this in my life, RIP Ana. I’m thankful justice was served for you.

I know a lady who was involved in their local youth club.She told me that when Ana would sit down with a group the other kids would get up and walk away.
    Heartbreaking that she suffered so much

• Registered Users Posts: 13,094 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Hopefully they'll get life, the calculated approach before and after mark them out as exceptionally dangerous Individuals.

If they got away with it, they would kill again.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭babydream

Will they be named?

Happened in 2004 but he was named and was only 15 also got life

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenager-who-killed-for-a-mobile-phone-gets-life-in-jail-25889614.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Of course they are. It would have had to be a pretty broken relationship between parent and child for them to be told something as crazy as their child has murdered someone, and they immediately believe it and cut ties. People go into denial to deal with shock. They will probably then start to blame themselves and try and figure out what they did wrong, when the truth could very well be that the actions of these boys had nothing to do with them.

My heart goes out to all parents involved. Absolutely moreso the parents of the deceased. They have gone through absolute hell and I hope with ever fibre of my being that they can find some sort of peace. However, in the very likely event that the parents of the boys had nothing to do with the incident, they are also grieving and it is horribly unfair to put any sort of blame on them unless warranted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The sad things is they could easily be out and about by their 18 birthdays.

They'll definitely be free men in their 20s. If the trial information is anything to go by Boy A will do this again.

Last instance I can remember of a minor being convicted of murder in Ireland was given a life sentance (but of course, with our justice system that actually resulted in just over 10 years being served :rolleyes:).

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i-can-relax-now-and-not-be-nervous-that-i-would-see-him-mum-after-sons-killer-banned-from-town-35711934.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Im so happy that both these little ****ing bastards were found guilty but knowing our justice system... justice won't be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

God help you if your child ever commits a heinous crime. While how one is raised is definitely a factor in how they end up, to blame the parents for their sons committing an act of murder is totally unfair. Plenty of murderers and criminals were raised in good homes with loving parents.

The fact remains the parents stood by the not guilty plea .. they should have made them plead guilty and teach them something!! Horrible bad parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

grassroot1 wrote: »
    They were their sons someday you will realise the strength of the parent offspring bond.

A mother’s love is unconditional and all that I suppose

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement