Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'Funny (ha, ha)' side of religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

The Tower of Khalifa is an awesome building, it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

278403.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

pauldla wrote: »
    5189dbffa3a8a_original.png

I can't quite understand why he was fixed up enough to come back to life, but not enough to fix his mangled left hand - it still has a hole in it and that little finger has to be broken.
    If there's one sort of person I can't stand it's a god damned half jobber!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Both hands, feet and the spear hole in his left side. Managed to have no damage from the crown of thorns though

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

wave to the pope, mr.Bear :pac:

BX-f4OyCAAA966O.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I know a significant number of people who would be outraged and offended by someone saying Freya is dead - to whom should I tell them to address email complaint ?

:P

I named my dog Freya (Because it sounds great!), she ain't dead.

278471.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

koth wrote: »
    wave to the pope, mr.Bear :pac:

Pedobear.png

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I swear one of Walder Frey's (great-(grand-))daughters was named Freya. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I swear one of Walder Frey's (great-(grand-))daughters was named Freya. :pac:

Jennifer Saunders has a daughter named Freya.

1395308_713474435346640_291990681_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

antonio-federici-immaculately-conceived.jpg

antonio-federici-salivation.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Spoons .......

They're holding the spoons differently.
    I know what she's going to do with it, but it looks dangerous in the guy's hand.

Yes, yes. Sick mind and all ........

Wait a second; is that what people mean when they talk about spooning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Kivaro wrote: »
    They're holding the spoons differently.
    I know what she's going to do with it, but it looks dangerous in the guy's hand.

Yes, yes. Sick mind and all ........

Wait a second; it that what people mean when they talk about spooning?
    Let's just say that there's a scene in OZ that gives it a whole new meaning and leave it at that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So its the sex thing yer at, yez shower of sodomite heathens........

tumblr_mvq7w6h3iy1soe7o9o1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From Alive, October 2013 -- hold onto your hats -- atheists are "mentally ill"!

278790.png

While in November's edition, we learn that (a) "In the Catholic view of things, walking on water is an entirely sensible thing to do. It’s staying in the boat, hanging on tightly to our own sad little securities, that’s rather mad" and (b) that the fact that one person has converted is worth almost half a page of prose.

278791.png

robindch wrote: »

278790.png

Ummm...but...aw 'uck it, I can't be bothered responding as I have to get on with my short stunted life with no children and only hell in my future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

VDOIN0.D.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

<snip>

From the green paragraph in your first pic, I believe this is the Sean Thomas you quoted, lots of specious nonsense backed up solely by his flatulence.

And here is his article on atheism. Of course his assertions are backed only by his own word (worthless), and that of the Heritage Foundation (akin to using Mein Kampf to prove a vast Jewish conspiracy to take over the world).

Does the Alive editor not actually research the stuff he puts in his papers? Because being exposed to constant ridicule must be very embarrasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

278790.png

I love how "Obviously, it's the believers who are smarter. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill" is followed by the next letter which is titled "I met an angel"

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I love how "Obviously, it's the believers who are smarter. Anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill" is followed by the next letter which is titled "I met an angel"
    Alive doesn't really do irony all that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Okays, so somebody posted alive and others quoted it.

KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

While in November's edition, we learn that (a) "In the Catholic view of things, walking on water is an entirely sensible thing to do. It’s staying in the boat, hanging on tightly to our own sad little securities, that’s rather mad" and (b) that the fact that one person has converted is worth almost half a page of prose.
    I'm sorry. You took the time to post these, but I really can't bring myself to read them.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I love alive, I hate when the lazy fúcker delivering it skips my house. It's like a fanzine for some wackos imaginary friend, it's brilliant.:)

I love alive, I hate when the lazy fúcker delivering it skips my house. It's like a fanzine for some wackos imaginary friend, it's brilliant.:)

I only ever get to see it when someone posts a link here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I wonder can I subscribe to it? Now that the Dandy is no longer on sale I dont have anything to give me a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

278903.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Hard to know where to put this article -- hazards, abortion, republican fruitcakes, funny-side. Who knows. Anyhow, here it is.

A Republican from Texas has finally come out and said that he accepts that climate change is happening. And -- mirabile dictu -- that humans are largely to blame. Unfortunately, it's not because of fossil fuels, but because of politicians supporting abortion. Baby steps, I suppose.

David Barton, take it away!

http://www.salon.com/2013/11/04/potential_senate_candidate_david_barton_explains_how_abortion_caused_climate_change/
    Salon.com wrote:
    The disastrous effects of global warming are most certainly man-made, said Christian historian David Barton. No, not because we’ve been burning fossil fuels. It’s because God is mad at us. And no, he’s not mad us for burning fossil fuels. All this “climate stuff that we can’t explain,” Barton explained in a conversation with televangelist Kenneth Copeland, is God’s judgment wrought down on us for, among other things, abortion.

Together, the two worked out this basic sequence of events to explain their alternative theory of climate change:

1. America voted in politicians who support abortion rights.

2. In so doing, we “opened the door to the curse,” which includes floods, tornadoes, murder and pedophilia.

Back in the days of early America, Barton explained, if crazy weather was happening, the first thing leaders would do is “call for a national day of repentance, humiliation, fasting and prayer … and today we’re saying, ‘Oh no, it’s global warming.’” In reality, he said, “We opened a door that lost God’s protection over our environment and that’s our choice.”

Barton, who according to Mother Jones believes America should be governed by biblical law, is currently being pushed by Glenn Beck, among others, to challenge John Cornyn, R-Texas, for his Senate seat. From this, we can assume that he already has an updated climate plan in the works.

Watch this two-minute cut of Barton and Copeland’s conversation, courtesy of Right Wing Watch:

BTW, can't say I'd like to meet that guy with the blue shirt on a dark night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Hard to know where to put this article -- hazards, abortion, republican fruitcakes, funny-side. Who knows. Anyhow, here it is.

A Republican from Texas has finally come out and said that he accepts that climate change is happening. And -- mirabile dictu -- that humans are largely to blame. Unfortunately, it's not because of fossil fuels, but because of politicians supporting abortion. Baby steps, I suppose.

David Barton, take it away!

BTW, can't say I'd like to meet that guy with the blue shirt on a dark night.

Barton; "We've opened a door."

He just watched 'The Avengers', and he's afraid of Loki and his army coming through. I can't wait until he tries to assemble a team of super-humans to combat the 'demons' and whatnot coming through this door.

Those two need to be sectioned and examined. Not joking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Barton; "We've opened a door."

He just watched 'The Avengers', and he's afraid of Loki and his army coming through. I can't wait until he tries to assemble a team of super-humans to combat the 'demons' and whatnot coming through this door.

Those two need to be sectioned and examined. Not joking.

Instead, the both appear to be married, so they are likely to have kids who have grown up under a roof filled with this insanity.

Queue another generation of this, because rest assured, the blind faith and denial of any logic runs deep in these two. Kids wouldn't stand a chance :mad:

Advertisement