Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundtrack To Your Angst

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Technicality has nothing do to with the music I like.

I wouldn't have commented on Puddle of Mudd had you not provoked me to, but now that you have, I'll say that they're derivative, corporate, formulaic shíte, and that while music being good or bad is all about opinion, you have to wonder how popular such bands might be were they not marketed so heavily by the machine that is the music industry, and were more different kinds of music more accessible to the masses.

And I mean, come on, there's a reason bands get featured on http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com :p

Lol!
    Epic reply :)
    I agree with you on all points, but somehow I still managed to enjoy that band for a while in my younger days (spoken as if they were really long ago...)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Kersmash wrote: »
    Tell that to Abbath from Immortal or Gaahl from Gorgoroth!:D

This guy?
    AbbathWOA2007.jpg

Read an interview in a guitar magazine, and he seemed like a fairly nice guy.

Gaahl.....

Gaahlgorgoroth.jpg

I read somewhere that he designs womens clothes :D

Also he's a poofter :p

Aslo Gorgoroth's music is kinda lighter than I expected, I excepted something completely unlistenable but to be far it think its just the image, as Black Metal goes it's kinda light, and too well produced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'd post more music in here but my PC's ****ed and I have no sound. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Fad wrote: »
    This guy?
    Pic*

Read an interview in a guitar magazine, and he seemed like a fairly nice guy.

Gaahl.....

Pic*

I read somewhere that he designs womens clothes :D

Also he's a poofter :p

Aslo Gorgoroth's music is kinda lighter than I expected, I excepted something completely unlistenable but to be far it think its just the image, as Black Metal goes it's kinda light, and too well produced.

Yeah, don't like Gorgoroth at all. Used love Immortal back in the day. Was a huge metal fan. Gaahl has also kidnapped and tortured people and has kicked people in the face with his boots at gorgoroth gigs! I dunno, I wouldn't be too keen on hugging him. abbath on the other hand is dotey :D

Yeah, don't like Gorgoroth at all. Used love Immortal back in the day. Was a huge metal fan. Gaahl has also kidnapped and tortured people and has kicked people in the face with his boots at gorgoroth gigs! I dunno, I wouldn't be too keen on hugging him. abbath on the other hand is dotey :D

I'd say Gaahl is a gentle lover :pac:

• Advertisement

A guy in my year knows him somehow. He meets up with him whenever they're playing around here. Was going around town with him the other week. Then they went back to the tour bus. Alone. When this was found out extreme slagging insued.

A guy in my year knows him somehow. He meets up with him whenever they're playing around here. Was going around town with him the other week. Then they went back to the tour bus. Alone. When this was found out extreme slagging insued.

He should know better :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Gaahl has also kidnapped and tortured people and has kicked people in the face with his boots at gorgoroth gigs! :D

Does anybody else here know the anime D.M.C (Detroit Metal City)? This kind of reminds of the band in that .:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

When I was young and innocent and had never experienced actual angst I was mad into Linkin Park and Good Charlotte, it all seems so very silly now.:o

Pour moi, these days, as a crusty old 17 yr old, Clarity by Jimmy Eat World will always help to remedy a bit of angst, some stuff by Death Cab for Cutie (Transatlanticism and I Will Follow You Into the Dark = love), bitta Pearl Jam (lovage for Yield), Explosions in the Sky are always good for a bit of a release... probably more but none spring to mind right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Sure it's all a load of fun. ^^

Black metal, now that's evil. :pac:

Nooooooo! Black metal ftw! Gotta love Emperor, Immortal, Satyricon, Witchery, Samael, Necrophagist and the rest!

'Scandinavian black metal up your as$' as they say :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Nooooooo! Black metal ftw! Gotta love Emperor, Immortal, Satyricon, Witchery, Samael, Necrophagist and the rest!

I used to know a few lads from teh same town as Mayhem. They were less enamoured of it. :pac:

I used to like some darker stuff in my youth. More normal stuff now, but still like the ould metal every now and then. ;)

Never liked Mayhem myself, terrible singer! I kinda like the more modern Black stuff, it's all a bit more polished and well produced!

Satyricon not a bit radio friendly?

Emperor, Mayhem, and few others, stuff that spawned as a result of the Black Metal scene, like Enslaved, Opeth, Behemoth (well thats kinda strained but ya know what i mean)

Never liked Mayhem myself, terrible singer! I kinda like the more modern Black stuff, it's all a bit more polished and well produced!

Yeah, and the church burning and casual murdering takes a bit to stomach.

Anyone else like Ministry actually?

Satyricon not a bit radio friendly?

Emperor, Mayhem, and few others, stuff that spawned as a result of the Black Metal scene, like Enslaved, Opeth, Behemoth (well thats kinda strained but ya know what i mean)

Ha yeah they are, they're great to throw on when you need a laugh though, not exactly hardcore afterall haha! Black metal you can dance to :p

Tbh I like the genre, some great music has come from it, but i take it all with a pinch of salt and laugh at it when I feel it's way over the top.

Opeth black metal? LOLZ

Yeah, and the church burning and casual murdering takes a bit to stomach.

Christianity has had it coming for a long time apparently!!

Christianity has had it coming for a long time apparently!!

If you say so. :P

Not my words :P

cautioner wrote: »
    Explosions in the Sky are always good for a bit of a release...

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY <3333333

Lets be friends.

Opeth black metal? LOLZ

Nah thats not what I said :) What came from it... Black Metal is fairly dead now, so stuff that was influenced by the scene is whats around now.

Learning about sex can be angsty

Love it, but I Set My Friends On Fire begin to wear thin after about 10 mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

the Ramones- Rock n Roll High School
    Brilliant for when you're just pissed off with school!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I currently have Colin's CO Theme from Advance Wars on the Game Boy/DS stuck in my head.

I can't think straight at all. D:

Imagine this running through your head for 12 hours:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

so any of today's teens into MGMT?

cos they jsut remind me of being young and free and stuff. which i still am, to a degree, but, y'no, i gotta work for a living, and im living with my fella, and regard his teenage son as being of a different generation.

MGMT ARE AWESOME.
    Electric Feel...

I hate our radio station, it only plays Kids all the time. >.<

rhapsody! wrote: »
    MGMT ARE AWESOME.
    Electric Feel...

I hate our radio station, it only plays Kids all the time. >.<

I love kids, hate almost everything else by them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

I love kids, hate almost everything else by them :)

Pfft.
    Crowd follower xD
    I love everything by them, and though Kids is good, their other stuff is better. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ive yet to hear MGMT on the radio. kids is awesome. electric feel isnt amazing,but is good. youth is just plain amazing, held me captivated from the first time i heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Listening to a lot of Death, Cynic, Testament, Queensryche etc and a good lot of other bands I'm too lazy to start listing !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

rhapsody! wrote: »
    Pfft.
    Crowd follower xD
    I love everything by them, and though Kids is good, their other stuff is better. :P

Hardly, heard them a considerably long time before they were played on Skins, seriously underwhelming music...........

Electric Feel is easily my least favourite song by them, them being hugely mediocre band :p

• Advertisement

Hardly, heard them a considerably long time before they were played on Skins, seriously underwhelming music...........

Electric Feel is easily my least favourite song by them, them being hugely mediocre band :p

I hate one-upmanship about when I first heard a band. :P

And yeah, I do it all the time too. ><

Advertisement