Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

bangkok wrote: »
    even try it with an airplane going past, clear to the naked eye yet try and take a photo with your phone and see how fuzzy, crap it looks

If it’s crap enough you could sell it as proof of aliens zipping across our skies.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

PhantomHat wrote: »
    If there is a decent moon out tonight I'd invite you to take a photo or video of it with your mobile phone. It being rather large and clear in the sky you'd expect a fantastic shot. In reality you'll get a fairly bad picture. You'll still need a high end camera to do this.
    Something perhaps not so big bright and as obvious hasn't a hope of coming out that great.

I've took a movie clip of something strange happening in the Sky in the Burren, I kid you not..

The phone went fuzzy when this thing happened, almost like static... and the picture got warped.

very strange,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

nthclare wrote: »
    I've took a movie clip of something strange happening in the Sky in the Burren, I kid you not..

The phone went fuzzy when this thing happened, almost like static... and the picture got warped.

very strange,

Electrical interference is often reported along with UFO events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Venus was very bright last night, probably the brightest thing in the night sky after the moon, but I don't understand how so many people have considered it a UFO over the years. It's stationary, it's static, and it's constant, yet some people have pointed at it and claimed UFO :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Venus was very bright last night, probably the brightest thing in the night sky after the moon, but I don't understand how so many people have considered it a UFO over the years. It's stationary, it's static, and it's constant, yet some people have pointed at it and claimed UFO :cool:

no, i think its People see a UFO and the debunkers say "oh no it was venus you seen" utter nonsense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

One of the things that makes me think that aliens aren't about on earth and chatting to our governments, other than the lack of real evidence of any kind, is all the money and people involved in space programmes and research.

I have seen a few documentaries in recent years about probes that humans have built and sent out into the solar system and beyond, to gather data on planets, moons, search for life etc and it's amazing to see how much money, time, knowledge, technology, man hours etc that has gone into all these, going back 40 or 50 years.

They are filled with interviews with incredibly smart people who tell you how much these projects meant to them. They are their life's work.

They cost billions upon billions. They involve tens of thousands of staff across the entire world.

You really think all this would be done if aliens are sitting having chats with us at Area 51?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

NIMAN wrote: »
    One of the things that makes me think that aliens aren't about on earth and chatting to our governments, other than the lack of real evidence of any kind, is all the money and people involved in space programmes and research.

I have seen a few documentaries in recent years about probes that humans have built and sent out into the solar system and beyond, to gather data on planets, moons, search for life etc and it's amazing to see how much money, time, knowledge, technology, man hours etc that has gone into all these, going back 40 or 50 years.

They are filled with interviews with incredibly smart people who tell you how much these projects meant to them. They are their life's work.

They cost billions upon billions. They involve tens of thousands of staff across the entire world.

You really think all this would be done if aliens are sitting having chats with us at Area 51?
    Public Relations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0mimIp8mr8

The money being siphoned off and spent on secret projects makes everything NASA has ever done look like peanuts in comparison.

black projects that NASA have no involvement in. NASA is just a big PR exercise

UFO Hunters on Blaze had an episode on earlier about the Illinois UFO sightings a decade ago.
    Five seperate police officers reported seeing it in different areas and six members of the public.
    They had a video of it too but I can't find it on Youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

If the existence of Aliens and contact has already happened (let's say in Area51 for the sake of this comment) then there is a lot Humanity will not be able to comprehend. Are we an Alien experiment? Are we one of many Parallel universes simultaneously occuring at this present moment? are we really governed by Alien Lizards disguised as humans? Who knows what's really going on. We certainly don't.

Humanity isn't ready for these answers. It's probably best that we wander the solar system slowly, over centuries to find out about our origins, rather than disturb relative peace on earth to disclose some potentially frightening stuff about Mankind. We aren't ready for a little virus what makes you think we'll be ready to hear the truth of the cosmos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

dont want to go off on a tangent, but the general idea of parallel universes is a bit flawed. People assume parallel universes are basically the same but with people doing different things. They dont seem to understand that only the particles are meant to be in multiple places. no-one has said all the particles will be arranged exactly the same in each universe. the particles that might make up a tree in this universe could be spread out over different things in a parallel universe.

Not relevant at all here mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

It does apply though if they're on about infinite parallel universes. With IPUs there will be infinite replicas of this one exactly as it is and also slightly different. The same theory applies to this one also if it (space) is infinite, but of course we'll never know. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Strange event in Hawaii over the weekend, similar to the Phoenix Lights in '97. Lots of videos online of it. https://amp.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article246732446.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Its not strange at all. Explanation provided

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Strange event in Hawaii over the weekend, similar to the Phoenix Lights in '97. Lots of videos online of it. https://amp.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article246732446.html?__twitter_impression=true

Just watched the video and saw nothing except the night sky!
    Maybe its a "cloaked" Klingon bird of prey?

University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Institute for Astronomy Professor Richard Wainscoat believes onlookers witnessed the reentry of a spent rocket booster used to launch Venezualan satellite, Venesat-1, back in 2008. The used rocket has been circling Earth since the launch, slowly losing altitude due to friction with the tenuous atmosphere in low-Earth orbit. On Saturday, the booster made its final orbits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭dexter647

https://youtu.be/L4I9upsqmkI

The director of the new Phenomenon documentary is saying that some very big news in this field is eminent. With so many lunatics in Ufology he is one of the more level headed folk. Predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

The director of the new Phenomenon documentary is saying that some very big news in this field is eminent. With so many lunatics in Ufology he is one of the more level headed folk. Predictions?

Winged Lizard People flying through the sky brandishing 5G masts to the sound of Bill Gates shouting: “Fly, my pretties, fly!”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

No news is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A new Dacia Sandero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Sounds like the director of Phenomenon is trying to drum up interest in his documentary. Surely if you had ground breaking news you wouldn't hold it back.

My prediction = no news worth a damn.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Sounds like the director of Phenomenon is trying to drum up interest in his documentary. Surely if you had ground breaking news you wouldn't hold it back.

Agreed, the prospect of "massive news" always draws in the readers, but what news is there?

...and when will we hear about it?

My prediction is that there's no news other than a pulsating star billions of light years away which naturally emits a pulse every sixteen days, (and is not alien) in origin.

Unless you want it to be :cool:

I wouldn't take much heed only for James Fox saying it, he has always strived to seek credible sources in his work before he runs with it. I think we will be talking about something very interesting here in the coming weeks, even more so than a Dacia Sandero. My guess is the release of clearer footage than what we saw in the Tic Tac and Go Fast videos which the US Department of Defence confirmed earlier this year.

Who knows, maybe in the near future there will be an entire new Topic on Boards called The Phenomenon, with a new dawn of realisation that we are indeed not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

More grainy footage along with an “analysis” by a retired military official, or scientist?

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

We are a dumb species wrecking the planet that sustains us . I hope there is a civilisation outside this planet that isnt as dumb as ours.

My guess is the release of clearer footage than what we saw in the Tic Tac and Go Fast videos which the US Department of Defence confirmed earlier this year..

Well if that's the case it will be very interesting.
    ....hoping your guess is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yellow snow found on the moon?

• Advertisement

What's the best & clearest daylight picture we have of an Unidentified Flying Object?

Advertisement