Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit worried about buying on reverb.com

• 21-10-2020 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I want to buy this guitar on reverb.com, although it seems very cheap. I offered €255 ond he accepted. Has anyone had experence buying from here. They say that you are protected buy I don't want the hastle. Here is the post.

https://reverb.com/item/36379554-gretsch-g2655-gunmetal-2020-gunmetal

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Grant Stevens

clearz wrote: »
    Hey all,

I want to buy this guitar on reverb.com, although it seems very cheap. I offered €255 ond he accepted. Has anyone had experence buying from here. They say that you are protected buy I don't want the hastle. Here is the post.

https://reverb.com/item/36379554-gretsch-g2655-gunmetal-2020-gunmetal

John.

I just ran a check on this item at Thomann (that's where I get all my gear) and they are very competitive and it comes in at 444euro. The fact that you're offer was accepted at half that does sound fishy. Remember the old caveat, "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't". Be careful. There are two main risks involved here, either:

a) You purchase and nothing turns up or,
    b) What does turn up is questionable as regards quality/ craftsmanship/ authenticity etc.

You could see if they'll accept payment via PayPal which would offer peace of mind in the event of circumstance a above, however, if a cheap knock-off arrives instead then you'll probably have zero come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭clearz

Hi, Thanks for the reply. It is second hand and was at €290 which is pretty good for a mint guitar that goes for ~450 new. I offered €255 and I was hoping he would refuse TBH, the fact that he accepted threw up more red flags for me, that and he has just signed up this year and has only sold one item. That site allows you to use paypal and covers you in the event of you recieving a knockoff or not recieving anything. They also requre that it be shiped with a tracking number but I just don't want the hastle. It does sound too good to be true. As you said it could be a knockoff and I don't have the knowlege to tell otherwise so even if it was great sounding and beautiful I would always be left wondering.

Advertisement