Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in Bigfoot ?

Options
13»

Comments

mondeo wrote: »
    They keep the Bigfoot thing alive for tourism, same as the lake monster in Scotland... We know they don't exist and no evidence has ever shown there is anything like that out there. Has anyone ever heard of the Dublin mountain Monster ? He lives up near the Hell fire club, a tall white human shaped creature with big hairy arms yellow pointed teeth ? Now Tweet that a few hundred times and some idiot will go up there with their night vision camera and go look for it. The first shadow they see or strange noise will be their evidence of the Dublin mountain Monster!

Don't be ridiculous. What you are describing, however, is probably blurry sightings of the green toothed Hellfire monster.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mimon wrote: »
    Humans crossed from Asia to North America so that's not an issue.
    It's a major issue. Humans are very omnivorous so could live off shellfish.

It's difficult to imagine a forest dweller doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I was sceptical too but I’d suggest Have a look at one of the videos analysing it online

The animal shows muscular movement etc in its legs, back, arms that is impossible to fake.

Also, Hollywood costume designers still cannot make a suit anything like as realistic and certainly couldn’t in the 60s when it was filmed.

That footage is way too grainy to make out details like muscle movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

It's a major issue. Humans are very omnivorous so could live off shellfish.

It's difficult to imagine a forest dweller doing the same.

Maybe they only live in forests now as they want to stay away from humans. If they live in northerly forests they are probably omnivorous also.

My theory is that it comes from a folk memory from the Native Americans that came from some of the megafauna that was around 11 thousand years ago. Maybe short faced bear or giant sloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

breezy1985 wrote: »
    That footage is way too grainy to make out details like muscle movement

I would suggest looking at the “MK Davis” videos analysing it on YouTube. Lots of detail in that particular footage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I would suggest looking at the “MK Davis” videos analysing it on YouTube. Lots of detail in that particular footage.

Yuu mean the 5 second grainy clip of the lad in the monkey suit carrying a towel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

I was much more into that cacti goblin thing that people claimed would show up in different locations with a little jan sports bag (jk). Gnomes, or shrub people have a more solid basis of evidence than abominable snowmen or yetis, then again, I have my suspicions about the more orthodox products of western civilisation's monstrous compendium too, like dinosaurs or early humanoids. So much of what we take for granted is bogus, people will look back on us and the quaint ideas we had surrounding human evolution, microbiology, and the material nature of the universe in the same way we can't quite fathom the beliefs of literal creationists.

The “North American wood ape conservancy” podcasts are v interesting.

The “North American wood ape conservancy” podcasts are v interesting.

As in there's not a single native species of ape in North America....must be riveting

I don’t know what it is...

But there’s too many sightings for it just to be nothing.

• Advertisement

I don’t know what it is...

But there’s too many sightings for it just to be nothing.

Alcohol & drug induced visions, mental instability, attention seekers, profiteers....take your pick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yes. Lots of times.

Often seen in a family unit - male female and young.

Thinkerthunker has such a clip -

https://youtu.be/vEyQlTc-Rro

Just as an aside, the amount of time and effort that ppl would have to put in to fake stuff like this, you’d wonder why ? It hardly gets any attention from “serious media” so why bother faking
    Have you seen America? I'd be shocked if people weren't faking stuff, not because it would imply bigfoot was real, but because that's exactly the kind of thing people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Saw a documentary on discovery a while back on Bigfoot.
    Why has a dead big foot never been found they asked a bigfoot expert.
    Because they shape shift into a dead rabbit he said.
    That was enough for me.
    Waffleology

The best reply to the question I heard to why remains where never found was from a sheriff who was a none believer, when asked his reply was, if I wanted to hide a dead body I'd bury it in them there forest better chance of finding a lost winning lottery ticket than a blood hound finding a body there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,469 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I know a lad who's a size 22 and is as hairy as a yak if that counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

As in there's not a single native species of ape in North America....must be riveting

There was a sh1t ton of them around Washington DC not long ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

banie01 wrote: »
    I know a lad who's a size 22 and is as hairy as a yak if that counts?
    Huge Yakman ?

There was a sh1t ton of them around Washington DC not long ago.

I'll give you that one ;)

Advertisement